Ultramarines Gallery

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Arkion
Shas

Ultramarines Gallery

Post#1 » Jun 11 2009 02:10

I would like to show you my first completed WH40k army, the Ultramarines 3rd Co.

Prior to this, I had never put together a model; I had never even used super glue! So, all things considered, I am fairly proud of my work. These are painted to tabletop quality, though there are a few small details here and there.

Tactical Squad Thera
Tactical Squad Stygius
Rhino I
Rhino II
Assault Squad Samson
Close-up on Assault Squad Samson
Chaplain Tiber
Predator Annihilator
Captain Ardias in modified MkVIII armor

There are more units than these - I have not had time to photograph everything. I am open to criticism, so please leave comments! Hopefully I will have a chance to share more soon.

Joek
Shas

Re: Ultramarines Gallery

Post#2 » Jun 11 2009 02:36

All I can say is well done - they're of a really good standard, and considering you said you'd not built a model before I think they're great. The best thing you've done is the photography though - they really look like they're zooming around waging some sort of war!

What I'd like to see you do now is something really special - like a character model and spend some quality time with it - clearly you can paint to a good table-top standard, but I suspect you could do even better!

Good stuff :D

ron3090
Shas

Post#3 » Jun 11 2009 03:18

Very nice! I think you did an amazing job. Now try some conversions!

btw, do I spy some Forgeworld shoulderpads?
Uipnb't's Cadre of the Scarred:
5-2-3 win/draw/loss

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#4 » Jun 11 2009 04:11

These are really amazing ultramarines. You are very talented.

General
Shas

Post#5 » Jun 12 2009 03:11

I really like that glow coming from the Captain's eye. The weathering looks fantastic, too (Space Marines don't come off the production line, after all).

Something I would look forward to seeing might be painting the numerous lenses on the Rhinos. Using that same technique you achieved the Captain's eye with would look great coming from the transports headlamps.

- General

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#6 » Jun 12 2009 07:20

actually, I revisited this topic and do I spy an older rhino? or just a bunch of body work?

Older Rhino, back in the 2nd/3rd Edition days... - ST

TheTofuShop
Shas

Post#7 » Jun 15 2009 03:21

Gotta love these Ultramarines, They don't look like Bright happy smurfs, more like Battle hardened warriors, great job on the models, and like others have said, great job on the weathering.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”