The wolves are in town..... OH YEH BABY!

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
paulson games
Shas

Re: The wolves are in town..... OH YEH BABY!

Post#19 » Sep 12 2009 03:12

Darkseer wrote:Don't you mean Mick Hucknell? :P

Lol, nice.

For those fortunate enough that they never saw harry and the hendersons you are lucky.

Family runs over bigfoot and takes him home, one of the worst TV shows ever. Somebody at GW must have loved that show as he seems to be the model for the SW stuff. :P

Freaky enough Ron Pearlman (hellboy) is a dead ringer for that look as well.

Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

Shas'vre Shavaun
Shas

Post#20 » Sep 12 2009 03:55

Hui! The Terminators look really cool. They have a lot of chapter specific parts and the shoulder guards look awesome. I also like the new Najal Stormcaller. It seems as if the SpaceWolves will get a whole new boxes and not only an upgrade box.
I am not a fan of the oversize space puppy though … I know: He only wants to play … It is like the old wheel of doom of the Skaven … now and then GW exaggerate a little :D

Description-of-Canis(Eigles link) wrote:Can also be used to convert squads of Thunderwolf Cavalry, Wolf Guard heroes mounted on savage Thunderwolves

:-? What?!? There will be a full squad of them? … well … I will wait until the Codex will be released before I will decide weather I should like it or not ;)

More important question: Does anyone knows what will happen to the Wulfen?

-Shavaun
Es ist soweit: Zwerge werfen weite Schatten

lostinnm
Shas

Post#21 » Sep 12 2009 04:57

From what I've heard, no wulfen. Personally I'm fine with it since they are supposed to be a rarity anyways with only the most exceptional being spared. Plus would you really want to put your chapter's darkest secret out there on the front lines for anybody to see?

Shas'vre Shavaun
Shas

Post#22 » Sep 12 2009 05:16

lostinnm wrote:From what I've heard, no wulfen.

Thank you for the information! Thant will help me a lot :)

lostinnm wrote:Plus would you really want to put your chapter's darkest secret out there on the front lines for anybody to see?

BloodAngels (Death Company) and the chapters of the cursed founding (Dark Paladins and another unit I do not have the english term for) do it, too.
I always thought about Wulfen that they are a kind of hidden and fast moving unit that nobody will see and survive. In addition to this I do not think that a regular Troop will point at a SpaceMarine and say: He is not pure! Purge him! For normal humans every SpaceMarine is fearsome.

but that is not the point I was after :) I have found an almost untouched box of Wulfen in the dephts of my hobby cellar and now I am looking for the right time to sell them ;) It seems the right time is now, so I have to visit eBay now

-Sha'Vaun
Es ist soweit: Zwerge werfen weite Schatten

Feyblade
Shas

Post#23 » Sep 12 2009 10:43

Greeaat more termi-full armies...
Wolf Guard are Troops in any army led by Logan Grimnar, making it possible to build an army of Space Wolves in terminator armor.

esmckalip
Shas

Post#24 » Sep 13 2009 02:15

They're nice and all but I still love my 3rd ed. metal figures that make my warhammer box so darn heavy....

That said I'm super excited for my first army to get a long due restoration job. However I'll contend they are fine the way they are!
That's easy you just don't lead them as much!

lostinnm
Shas

Post#25 » Sep 13 2009 01:28

Shas'vre Shavaun wrote:BloodAngels (Death Company) and the chapters of the cursed founding (Dark Paladins and another unit I do not have the english term for) do it, too.

Typically their mutation isn't so blatantly obvious as giant wolves running around tearing stuff up. You can put a death company trooper in power armor and he looks like a normal space marine, especially when they are led by a character. Every other chapter with such blatantly obvious mutations has had the full force of the inquisition trying to eradicate them. Whether the inquisition could actually exterminate the space wolves is questionable, but they can't really afford to take that change. Plus in all the fluff it states it is rather rare to see wulfen on the battlefield. It is only in extraordinary circumstances, or if you are fighting the 13th company (Which is an extraordinary circumstance unless the opponent is chaos marines since they are based in the eye of terror)

Feyblade wrote:Greeaat more termi-full armies...

Why? From what I've heard that SW in tactical dreadnought armor will be in the 70pt range per model. That's more expensive than Deathwing. Aaaand have you ever seen deathwing played? It looks good on paper, but when you factor in dice rolls, deathwing cannot survive below average dice rolls. One turn of poor rolls & you army evaporates. So often it either mauls everything, or gets tabled. There isn't much in between for terminator armies.

Inq NicolePyykkonen
Shas

Post#26 » Sep 17 2009 11:26

Wulfen do not exist as a codex entry anymore. I stopped by my local GW store a few days ago and read the actual codex. You can however give the Mark of the Wulfen to some models, which makes all their attacks rending and are treated as just having close combat weapons or something, there was also something about bonus attacks to your attack characteristic (I mentally summed it up as close combat blender with no range capability and all beserkerish).. so essentially you can use your Wulfen models to represent characters/sergeants/models/etc with the Mark of the Wulfen.

Other than that, the Codex really didn't change. They brought the wargear in line with new stats, killed the Leman Russ variant they had, added the new Land Raider variants, ixnayed normal marines on bikes (instead it's marines on giant battle wolves), made Blood Claw bikers and Assault Marines different entries, organizational stuff. Otherwise it's the same Wolves it's always been, which is actually nice.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”