[Project Log] Czar Ziggy's Enemy Forces (Update Apr 12)

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

[Project Log] Czar Ziggy's Enemy Forces (Update Apr 12)

Post#1 » Jan 11 2010 04:06

Well, its only 5 days until the rerelease of the Tyranid swarm, so I figure I should show off my first and origional army. This was where I started Warhammer 40k, and in a few days, I'll be back making my swarm larger. So here are a few shots. Unfortunatly, being at university, this army had to remain at home, so I will not be able to provide more shots (except for what I buy and make here) and some shots may not be perfect. :sad:

Overview of Hive Fleet Tron

I am working on some Raveners now, and once the release happens, I will have more to show.

Czar Ziggy
Last edited by Czar Ziggy on Apr 12 2015 07:03, edited 8 times in total.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Showcase] Hive Fleet Tron

Post#2 » Jan 26 2010 08:43

Hi all (again) at ATT. I have now finished some of my x-mas aquired 'Nids. So here they are.

Czar Ziggy

1st Tau Airborne
Kor'La
Kor'La

Re: [Showcase] Hive Fleet Tron

Post#3 » Jan 26 2010 08:51

Interesting scheme man I have never seen nids like that before. I like em.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Showcase] Czar Ziggy's Enemy Forces

Post#4 » Oct 01 2010 11:50

So, I've been more busy this summer and fall with non-tau projects and I just wanted to share some of the work I've done so far.

And my Necrons Color scheme change. I've begun changing them from beaten cooper and skull white to a dual red (gore and blood reds) with blue highlights to make them more like a Mass Effect Geth pic I found inspirational.

And this is my WIP Landspeeder Storm with snipers

I've also got more projects on the go. Namely; Drop pod, Rhino, Gargoyles, 2 XV8s, and a squad of Necron Warriors.

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#5 » Oct 21 2010 01:13

I've now finished the Hive guard and I have an updated photo of the Landspeeder Storm. Here you guys go:

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#6 » Oct 25 2010 12:57

I'm still in the process of getting the pictures into photo bucket, but here are some before I run to class.

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#7 » Oct 29 2010 10:34

Good evening ATT Community. After over a year of the origional plan, set back by the lack of plastic sniper sets for the conversion, I have finally finished painting my landspeeder storm! I am very happy that this project is done and it looks very nice I think. The snipers in the back are not glued in if in the event I'm using it in the game and need them to disembark, though that's not my game plan for this unit. Taking advantage of the open-topped rule, I'm hoping to use this more as a mobile sniper platform. But here are the pics of the final product!

Also, some more of the shots from my mass picture taking day.

Czar Ziggy

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#8 » Oct 29 2010 10:49

Hi Czar,

Read through your posts, curious to know what blues you are using on the Carapace? really striking combo. :)

Your wash of the Biovore(?) really brought out the details around the throat etc, one Bug Ugly tyrannic beast that. I want to paint one now too! :D

- Tael.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#9 » Oct 29 2010 11:04

Hey Tael! Its my newest approach to my Tron themed Tyranids! I'm doing the Carapace with a layer of Skull white, then several layers of Asurmen ink until it's as dark as I want it. Then I gloss it. Same method for the Green, just Thraka Green wash instead. The unit I think you're talking about is the new Pyrovore. When I finally got my hands on the new codex and saw its pictures, I just wanted one too! Thanks for reading through my posts!

Czar Ziggy

Edit: I did for get to mention Teal that I use Ice blue to highlight the edges of the carapace.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#10 » Oct 30 2010 11:22

Ahhh, the secret is out. ;)

Thanks Czar, appreciated.

- Tael.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#11 » Dec 09 2010 02:28

Hey, small update. I've gotten a few things off my table now. So here are some pics! Enjoy!

New gargoyles

New Dragoons Sniper

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#12 » Jan 07 2011 02:25

Hey all at ATT. My holiday painting is moving along. So I've got a small update today. I just finished painting my new Space Marine Chaplain which I've named Jerome Durand. So here is a few shots I just took:

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#13 » Jan 13 2011 08:49

Hello again ATT! An update for my non-Tau thread. I've now finished my Necron Destroyer and my SM rhino. Also, I've got a WIP shot of my Drop pod. So here are the shots:

And thats how I'm moving along there. Look for my next update! Also, feel free to give C&C!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#14 » Feb 18 2011 10:58

Hey ATT! Now for something not Tau! Since my commando team is done and I'm trying to force myself to finish the drop pod before starting any other vehicles, I did a slight repaint of my forge world tyrant. I'm also almost done my last few gargoyles. So Here are some pics!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#15 » Apr 04 2011 09:14

Hey all at ATT! Long time no project post. I've been working more on my non-greater good armies. Especially my beloved Tron Nids! So here are some pics of my new units!

I can't tell you guys how much I love these new Ravener kits!

And I'll post them here, but a WIP shot of my Por caste diplomat and my Rogue Trader.

Thats a bit of what I've been doing this past while. There is probably more than $400 worth of stuff on my to do list still. Gotta...stop....buying......more.......stuff!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#16 » Apr 13 2011 09:26

Hey ATT! Here is a small update for my Dragoons force. Some more snipers and my first assault squad.

Enjoy!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#17 » Jun 01 2011 04:29

Hey ATT! Long time no update. Well, good news! I have an update! Some WIP shots of my simple kit bash Tyranid Prime. From the Torso up, its a Ravener, from down, a Tyranid Warrior. Since the two creatures are relatively similar after the last codex release, it made sence that if a Tyranid Prime was just an Alpha Warrior, that it would be slightly bigger and so, it turns out, are most of the parts for a Ravener. The only thing left for this guy is just cosmetic, I'm adding two little rippers to the base and he needs the sand done on the base. Otherwise, he's done. So here are some shots!

You'll probably see Nids the most this summer as I have, lol, well a swarm of them to paint! :P But don't worry, I've still got a few Tau projects on the go as well. Its nice to have a little diversity in what I'm painting.

Czar Ziggy

Whitefire
Shova

Post#18 » Jun 01 2011 06:00

Hey Czar digging your Nids I like the Green and black it allows me to don the rose tinted glasses and thing fondly of Aliens :D I also would suggest doing something to your Marines like a really watered down black or Blue wash to show some of the curves and detail of the Armour because it is a little too white but otherwise they are all good :P.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”