Iron Suns (10/21: More Thallaxi!)

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (9/17: Helbrute at 99%!)

Post#201 » Sep 17 2012 02:12

Right! So all that's missing is a bit more blood under the fingers and for me to find my Scorpion Green to finish the glowing eyes in the armor and it's done! I also plan on trying to make some 'strings' of glue to make the blood drip/pour off of his back and onto the puddle on the ground. Overall I'm really happy with how this fella's coming out, haven't been motivated to paint like this in a while!

Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre

Re: Iron Suns (9/17: Helbrute at 99%!)

Post#202 » Sep 17 2012 12:01

looks delicious :P

The oozing blood looks fantastic, well done.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (9/20: DV Powerfist Chosen)

Post#203 » Sep 20 2012 01:27

Right, so I stopped being lazy for an evening and decided to paint another Dark Vengeance mini! Using what I'd learned of my new paints and such on the Helbrute, I decided to paint my favorite model in the set, the Powerfist-wielding Chosen. And all I have to say is....well, there are no words; I think this is my best mini to date!

Also found my Scorpion Green, so did a touch-up on the Helbrute!

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (9/20: Touch-ups and better pictures)

Post#204 » Sep 20 2012 03:34

Right, did some touching-up on the Chosen, and decided to take some pictures of him and the Helbrute in the sunlight!

Tael
Fio'O

Post#205 » Sep 21 2012 12:34

Great Aun's nasal ridge, that's gross and disgusting. I like it!

What are you using for the blood effects? I skimmed your thread and found this fairly obvious question unanswered :)

- Tael.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#206 » Sep 21 2012 12:54

Tael wrote:Great Aun's nasal ridge, that's gross and disgusting. I like it!

What are you using for the blood effects? I skimmed your thread and found this fairly obvious question unanswered :)

- Tael.

I'm glad you like them! :D It's a lovely little product, Tamiya X-27 Clear Red; I haven't tried it yet, but someone on Papanurgle said that mixing a little black (he didn't say if paint or wash/ink) with it makes good dried blood. My fellows are an Iron Warriors warband, though, so you won't see much of that; they take care of their gear, after all!

As for the skin, it was a semi-experiment. Dheneb Stone, Ogryn Flesh wash, drybrush with Dheneb Stone (could stop here, probably should have!), watered-down Leviathan Purple (focused heavily on where flesh met metal for a bruised look), then another Dheneb Stone drybrushing. The use of Dheneb Stone and the Leviathan Purple step help make the flesh look nice, pallid, and somewhat sickly. :)

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (10/14: Mortius (Typhus) WIP)

Post#207 » Oct 14 2012 08:14

Right! With the new Chaos Codex, I've decided to give Abaddon the boot and replace him with Typhus in order to make my Plague Marines troops (and because Typhus is wicked-awesome in 6th edition!). With that said, Mortius has received a make-over...

And with my WIP Plague Zombie models (excuse the quality, flash washed it out)...

I'm undecided about the head; should I lose the horn and use a normal terminator helmet? Maybe try to find a Chaos Terminator helmet? Use the original?

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (10/16: Mortius (Typhus) WIP)

Post#208 » Oct 16 2012 01:15

Right, so I wasn't really feeling that head. I went to dig through my bits box, and ended up finding the head from the actual Typhus! Looks much better now, I think.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (10/22: Spawn WIP)

Post#209 » Oct 22 2012 01:08

So I'm going to remove Mark of Nurgle from my cultist unit because, well...I always forget I have it! XD if I drop a single zombie as well, I can squeeze in a spawn in my 2500 list, so I decided I'd take a crack at making something suitable. I got this model from my friend (unsure what kit it's from), and I should have more of them from him on the way-though I hope to use IoB Rat Ogres when I can get my hands on the models...

El'mo
Shas'El

Re: Iron Suns (10/22: Spawn WIP)

Post#210 » Oct 23 2012 01:38

Papanurgle is generous with his gifts :D

Great conversion work - I would not have thought of nid bits not to mention vehicle bits on the nice doggie.

And the Helbrute :eek:

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”