Iron Suns (10/21: More Thallaxi!)

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
J'Kaara Nan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Iron Suns (10/22: Spawn WIP)

Post#211 » Oct 23 2012 05:11

*cultists get zombie upgrade for free(which basically makes them cheap plague marine meat shields)

I just noticed this thread and love it, as I just recently picked up the C:CSM the other day and am building up a 2500 point list! I'm lucky that I have a fair bit of C:SM stuff that can be easily converted.

I went with Typhus also, and am going to try my hand with two or three units of bikers with papa nurgles blessings!
Enclave of the 7 Swords: 12-5-2

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (12/13): Warpsmith

Post#212 » Dec 14 2012 01:04

So, after coming in second place in a Warhammer 40k tournament, I put my prize money towards and order that included a new Warpsmith model! I did some minor conversion work and a head-swap, and all that's left to be done is painting! Without further ado, here's Warpsmith Shiron, "The Genesmith":

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (12/14): Warpsmith Complete

Post#213 » Dec 14 2012 04:17

I based Shiron, though, and totally forgot to paint the lip of the base the right color. :hohoho: Oh well, screw it; here he is!

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (12/25): Mortius update

Post#214 » Dec 25 2012 03:33

So in the latest tournament, I dropped Mortius and one of the gaunt arms broke off and disappeared. Last night I finally decided to replace it, and I also came across some nice Tyranid bits I got from my friend a while back...

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (12/31): Mortius PIP

Post#215 » Dec 31 2012 01:08

Well, I finally got off (well, on XD) my bum and did some sculpting on Mortius, adding growth to fill in the gaps between his arms and torso while also bulking out his upper arm armor and filling in a lot of the cracks and such in the pauldrons and the top of his armor. And, after all this time, he's finally starting to see some color!

In addition, I also cracked out the Tyranid bits again and started to spruce up my Spawn counts-as! I've got two more headed my way, so soon I should be able to squeeze some Spawn into my army. :)

Overwatch!

And a pic of that Broadside:

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (1/25: Final Obliterator WIP)

Post#216 » Jan 25 2013 03:50

Not a big update, but an update nonetheless! I found this interesting fella on Ebay, and as cool as the helmetless head they included was, I wanted to save it for a model where the small details on it could properly show. I was looking through the heads I had, and a Hell Blade pilot's head fit rather nicely, I think...

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/45665 ... ators.html

I have yet to do a side-by-side comparison with my other Oblits, but I know already he's gonna be a bit smaller than them. HOW much smaller he is will determine if he gets any further conversion work; any suggestions?

Arc'Aroth
Gue

Re: Iron Suns (1/25: Final Obliterator WIP)

Post#217 » Jan 25 2013 01:33

ooo, pretty. How do you integrate the plastic parts so seamlessly? I was looking for where the different bits hook up and... well.. I couldn't find them. I could find tyranid bits on that spawn counts as, and scaven bits... but couldn't tell where one stopped and the other began.

As for the obliterator, needs more dakka. One of the big things that separates obliterators from fleshy terminators is all the guns. I only see one plasma cannon on the obliterator you show there, and when I think of oblits they have like 80 guns sticking out of their arms or chest or, hell, even their face. I think a couple more wouldn't hurt. I notice that there are some tubes coming out of its back that just kind of... end... maybe you could mount a fire breathing demonic heavy flamer counts as. It would add some size if you need it (so opposition doesn't complain about models being too small). Though I'm not sure how it would look...

Maybe some sorta guns growing out of it? oblits literally grow the guns on their bodies so... I don't know, I'm not a chaos player XD hope some of suggestions help. and even if they don't, I love the look of your models.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (4/15: Mutilators WIP)

Post#218 » Apr 15 2013 05:34

So the Tau codex came out a bit too late for me to use them in a campaign that started at my LGS, so I'm working with my Chaos Marines for said campaign. After a highly unsuccessful first couple of sessions, we finally made a major breakthrough, and my best friend pointed out that Mutilators are actually something to look at investing in. Being the conversion-happy person I am, having some spare resin obliterator bodies I found on ebay, and having some of the new parts from the Forsaken set to play with, I decided to take a crack at my own to run alongsde Mortius, my Typhus counts-as:

Opinions? Suggestions?

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (12/2: Sneak peek)

Post#219 » Dec 02 2013 11:41

My LGS had a 20%-off savings on GW products this past weekend, so I got a box of figures I've been eyeing for a while now - the Skaven Stormvermin. However, I'm not going into Fantasy; while I wait for more bits to arrive, would anyone care to guess what may become of them? ;)

timb6ea
Shas

Post#220 » Dec 03 2013 02:27

My guess is cultists. :) I've got several Skaven for the same purpose but never finished them. Would love to see what you come up with.
Will Flak'O for food.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#221 » Dec 03 2013 03:05

timb6ea wrote:My guess is cultists. :) I've got several Skaven for the same purpose but never finished them. Would love to see what you come up with.

Close, but not quite! That sword isn't an ordinary close combat weapon; take a closer look... :crafty:

timb6ea
Shas

Post#222 » Dec 03 2013 03:18

I did notice the markings on it but I'm not really up on my Chaos lately. My Skaven were for an earlier Codex Alpha Legion.
Will Flak'O for food.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#223 » Dec 03 2013 04:09

timb6ea wrote:I did notice the markings on it but I'm not really up on my Chaos lately. My Skaven were for an earlier Codex Alpha Legion.

Ah, not the markings; the design of it. There's extra parts on the base of the blade, and a sphere that could be....oh, I dunno...a power source? :roll:

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (12/6: Warhound counts-as WIP)

Post#224 » Dec 06 2013 01:53

Seems Christmas came early for me this year... :evil:

I plan on getting more of the spiked Rhino prows that come with CSM vehicles so I can flesh out the spike racks on the back and shoulders; any suggestions so far?

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (9/13/14): Before you can build...

Post#225 » Sep 13 2014 03:20

...you must first destroy. That is why I've made the tough - but necessary - decision to clear out the vast bulk of my army in hopes of funding a complete re-build from the ground up. Very few things are remaining - namely things based upon Dark Vengeance figures, as well as my ten-man Raptor squad, my Spawn made from Skaven Rat Ogres, my Mutilators, and most of my Obliterators. The rest, however, is now looking for a new home. So if you're interested, please have a look - it's a pretty big lot!

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (10/20: Thallaxi Cohort WIP)

Post#226 » Oct 20 2014 06:57

Gonna add fluff and such for these guys later. Need to build my second cohort and get more things like mechatendrils to Chaos them up a bit! Tried to not go overboard, per Iron Warriors style.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (10/21: More Thallaxi!)

Post#227 » Oct 21 2014 01:16

Behold, the results of insomnia (and running out of proper spikey bits)!

I need to rework that guy when I get more bits; I'm not happy with that fin thing going on on his back. His Photon Thruster needs a better bayonet, too.

And how the family looks so far:

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (10/21: More Thallaxi!)

Post#228 » Oct 21 2014 01:07

The second Photon Thruster Thallax got a slight re-do; what do you think? And should the axe-style bayonet stay, or traditional blade?

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”