Iron Suns (10/21: More Thallaxi!)

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (12/2: Sneak peek)

Post#221 » Dec 03 2013 03:05

timb6ea wrote:My guess is cultists. :) I've got several Skaven for the same purpose but never finished them. Would love to see what you come up with.

Close, but not quite! That sword isn't an ordinary close combat weapon; take a closer look... :crafty:

timb6ea
Shas

Post#222 » Dec 03 2013 03:18

I did notice the markings on it but I'm not really up on my Chaos lately. My Skaven were for an earlier Codex Alpha Legion.
Will Flak'O for food.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#223 » Dec 03 2013 04:09

timb6ea wrote:I did notice the markings on it but I'm not really up on my Chaos lately. My Skaven were for an earlier Codex Alpha Legion.

Ah, not the markings; the design of it. There's extra parts on the base of the blade, and a sphere that could be....oh, I dunno...a power source? :roll:

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (12/6: Warhound counts-as WIP)

Post#224 » Dec 06 2013 01:53

Seems Christmas came early for me this year... :evil:

I plan on getting more of the spiked Rhino prows that come with CSM vehicles so I can flesh out the spike racks on the back and shoulders; any suggestions so far?

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (9/13/14): Before you can build...

Post#225 » Sep 13 2014 03:20

...you must first destroy. That is why I've made the tough - but necessary - decision to clear out the vast bulk of my army in hopes of funding a complete re-build from the ground up. Very few things are remaining - namely things based upon Dark Vengeance figures, as well as my ten-man Raptor squad, my Spawn made from Skaven Rat Ogres, my Mutilators, and most of my Obliterators. The rest, however, is now looking for a new home. So if you're interested, please have a look - it's a pretty big lot!

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (10/20: Thallaxi Cohort WIP)

Post#226 » Oct 20 2014 06:57

Gonna add fluff and such for these guys later. Need to build my second cohort and get more things like mechatendrils to Chaos them up a bit! Tried to not go overboard, per Iron Warriors style.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (10/21: More Thallaxi!)

Post#227 » Oct 21 2014 01:16

Behold, the results of insomnia (and running out of proper spikey bits)!

I need to rework that guy when I get more bits; I'm not happy with that fin thing going on on his back. His Photon Thruster needs a better bayonet, too.

And how the family looks so far:

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Iron Suns (10/21: More Thallaxi!)

Post#228 » Oct 21 2014 01:07

The second Photon Thruster Thallax got a slight re-do; what do you think? And should the axe-style bayonet stay, or traditional blade?

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”