Dark Angels 4th Company (WIP photo heavy).

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
El'mo
Shas'El

Re: Dark Angels 4th Company (WIP photo heavy).

Post#71 » Oct 19 2012 10:41

A bit quiet on here - hey-ho I suppose I deserve that as an enemy of the Greater Good (at the moment :roll: )

The line breaker squadron is now complete

And here they are as an Armoury group shot - Enemies beware the claws of the Lion

Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre

Post#72 » Oct 19 2012 11:38

Beautiful models all. Those three Vin's will look fantastic across the board, and probably make your opponent feel ashamed at his own army :dead:
If I may ask, why did you pick the numbers you did for your linebreaker squad? they go 10, 6, 9. Was there a reason or just happened to be the numbers you grabbed?

Keep up the awesome work!

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#73 » Oct 19 2012 12:07

The Vindicators are magnetised (tutorial: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/inde ... &p=3190002)

Here are the main pieces including parts for Rhino/Whirlwind/Predator and Razorback

I already have transports 1-5 (Tactical squads)

6 is for the last Tactical
9 and 10 are for the Devastator squads
7 and 8 are Assault so don't need transports.

Magnets are the way to go :P

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#74 » Feb 07 2013 07:05

Here are a couple of my most recent models

Enjoy ;)

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El

Post#75 » Feb 07 2013 10:44

Nice work, I guess you enjoy your amazingly painted models with the new codex.

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#76 » Feb 07 2013 10:58

And some new models.....

The Knights and RW command are fantastically detailed - it gives me great hope for any new Tau models we may get in the near future :)

The only problem is that my bank manager may demand a liver to pay for it all :::(

JagdtMirage
Kor'Ui

Post#77 » Feb 07 2013 11:11

El'mo wrote:And some new models.....
The Knights and RW command are fantastically detailed - it gives me great hope for any new Tau models we may get in the near future :)

[Edit: I really really love the old school helmet choices you've made. Beaky Marines! Crusader helmets!]
Even the Dark Vengeance boxed set that I picked up with it's simplified assembly, has detail far and above the former sets. When A) I find out where I'm setting up next [...stupid perils of the Warp] or B) my paints arrive [... mad crazy backorder!] I'm going to really enjoy going at these new figures.

I love the details on the DW Knights / Command squad. Flowing robes for everybody!

And your 2nd point...

It really DOES give us a bright beacon of hope for the quality of forthcoming plastic kits [with codex release].
S7,AP3,10inBlast,IgnoresCover. Smells like...victory.

Mauler
Shas

Post#78 » Feb 07 2013 02:26

OH man, that is some FINE work and dedication! I can see how the quality of the paint jobs have slightly improved as you've gotten through the company :D

Very nice! Two questions, if you don't mind:

How did you dirty up the tanks? Drybrushing?
How do you get such fine bases like that?

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#79 » Feb 08 2013 02:14

Thanks guys

The basing tutorial is here: http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18333&p=229997
I use the same technique on all my bases to a lesser or greater degree.
My Chocochip Guard have the same base but it is then lightly drybrushed in bleached bone to make it look more sandy.

The paint chips/weathering was done like this....

Random blobs/slashes with black on positions likely to get scratched
inside the black blob add a splot of boltgun metal
wash with devlin mud.

The mud is done using a large dry brush and do not clean the brush just swap between the colours

1 Scortched brown and a "wet" drybrush method apply the paint to the lower hull, mudguards and tracks

2 Bestial brown normal drybrush over the scortched brown in patches and slightly above the border of the scortched brown

3 Graveyard earth and a dry drybrush over the previous browns and slightly above the border of the bestial brown.

4 Devlin mud in the armour joints and on the tracks where you have applied the brown.

you can also drybrush black around the exhausts (I normally do this before the mud).

do not apply too much brown - it is always easier to add more than to repaint the green

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#80 » Feb 08 2013 09:53

Presenting Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus, my latest completed model.

Just going through the backlog before starting on my Tau :D

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”