Dark Angels 4th Company (WIP photo heavy).

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
JagdtMirage
Kor'Ui

Re: Dark Angels 4th Company (WIP photo heavy).

Post#81 » Feb 08 2013 10:29

El'mo wrote:Presenting Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus

He didn't have a points cost when the new codex came out - we noticed a discrepancy between his special rules and the DA Codex [hardcover]
I made a phonecall and magically he appeared at the end of the DA FAQ. His special power supersedes the Codex.

Also, for some silly reason my Dark Vengeance box had 2 sprues of him. I'm saving the 2nd for a rainy day.

GREAT model. Even if I'm not too pleased about his smoking habit. :nice:
S7,AP3,10inBlast,IgnoresCover. Smells like...victory.

Mauler
Shas

Post#82 » Feb 08 2013 05:18

El'mo wrote:Thanks guys

The basing tutorial is here: http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18333&p=229997
I use the same technique on all my bases to a lesser or greater degree.
My Chocochip Guard have the same base but it is then lightly drybrushed in bleached bone to make it look more sandy.

The paint chips/weathering was done like this....

Random blobs/slashes with black on positions likely to get scratched
inside the black blob add a splot of boltgun metal
wash with devlin mud.

The mud is done using a large dry brush and do not clean the brush just swap between the colours

1 Scortched brown and a "wet" drybrush method apply the paint to the lower hull, mudguards and tracks

2 Bestial brown normal drybrush over the scortched brown in patches and slightly above the border of the scortched brown

3 Graveyard earth and a dry drybrush over the previous browns and slightly above the border of the bestial brown.

4 Devlin mud in the armour joints and on the tracks where you have applied the brown.

you can also drybrush black around the exhausts (I normally do this before the mud).

do not apply too much brown - it is always easier to add more than to repaint the green

Ah-ha! Thanks man! I might have to alter that for a more grey moondust kinda effect...hmmmmm. Keep up the good work!

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#83 » Mar 15 2013 10:12

Seems like ages since I did anything here but here is the latest completed project.

Brother Librarian Eudaemon is attached to the Ravenwing and as such has been allowed the honour of riding into combat mounted on a Ravenwing bike.

Conversion using the Dark Vengeance box set and combining the RW Sgt together with the Librarian and a splattering of greenstuff and some spare DA bling.

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#84 » Apr 19 2013 01:52

Instead of just twiddling my thumbs waiting for GW to finally have Tau in stock I have got round to completing my second batch of Horus Heresy Dark Angels using a mixture of FW, GW plastics and Anvil Industries resin parts.

You can see more photos in my DeviantArt account - link in sig.

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#85 » Jul 05 2013 01:36

Latest addition to the Ravenwing - Command Squad

I had to do some painting while I was waiting for my Riptide to turn up :P

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#86 » Jul 20 2013 04:26

And here are the latest 2 additions for the Ravenwing, Interrogator Chaplain and a Techmarine with Servo harness.

These where built using parts from the DV box set and diverse bits from my bits box.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#87 » Jul 20 2013 08:27

I've always loved Techmarines, now seeing one a bike like you have done here has my Astartes love resurfacing.

Nice work on the plasma bits and the wings El'mo!

modelglue

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#88 » Jul 20 2013 08:52

Thanks modelglue.

I think Techmarines do not get enough love in the game - especially Dark Angels and even more so the Ravenwing.

You may have noticed by now that I like to build unusual models far cut from the standard ones used.
It makes a more interesting display shelf if nothing else.

In August I will be getting back to the Tau - the Riptide is just about ready for spraying :P

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#89 » Jul 26 2013 04:19

Latest 2 models to grace my model display cabinet are Azrael and a Ravenwing biker in the classic pose out of the Codex DA.

Azrael is a converted Company Commander out of the DV box. His backpack has been replaced with a RW one, the vents where cut off and replaced with 2 skulls from WH Fantasy and a banner was attached. The head is from the RW box set and his watcher in the Dark is a modified model from the DA Terminator box.

The Ravenwing biker had to have his left leg repositioned and lengthened by approx. 3mm using plasticard. The rest of the model comprises of RW bits and a raven from the WH Fantasy giant.

CnC always welcome :)

Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre

Post#90 » Jul 26 2013 04:29

Stunning. How many Ravenwing is that now? 9? The Techmarine is my favorite so far :)

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”