Dark Angels 4th Company (WIP photo heavy).

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
El'mo
Shas'El

Re: Dark Angels 4th Company (WIP photo heavy).

Post#91 » Jul 27 2013 12:59

The Ravenwing strength currently stands at:

Sammi on jetbike
Chaplain, Librarian and techmarine on bikes
5 man Command Squad
2 Bike squadrons with 6 bikers, 1 attack bike and a Landspeeder
A 3 man bike squad
2 Landspeeder Typhoons
AND a Stormraven.

Total of 23 bikers, 2 attack bikes, 4 Landspeeders and the Raven.

In the painting queue are enough bikers for a Ravenwing Company but I am short on Landspeeders.

If I ever get around to painting all the DA figures I would end up with a full 4th Company, about half of another Greenwing Company, a full Ravenwing Company and about 3/4 of a Deathwing Company.

I must stop being tempted by Ebay :::(

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#92 » Nov 07 2013 11:57

Excuse me if I seem a little bit distracted with all things tau at the moment as I have an ongoing project over on Bolter and Chainsword.

Magnetised Landraider Ares/Crusader/Redeemer ;)

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#93 » Dec 06 2013 03:29

The Landraider is now complete. It is magnetised so with very little effort I can swap between an Ares/Crusader/Redeemer as the mood takes me.

The WIP link is in my post above.

Back to Tau with a Barracuda next :evil:

TheAmbit
Fio'El

Post#94 » Dec 09 2013 10:23

Great utility vehicle! I try to do the same thing with all of my tanks too but not to such a degree. Making the front panel interchangeable is impressive.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#95 » Dec 09 2013 11:20

TheAmbit wrote:Great utility vehicle!

Seconded. You are a rockstar modeller lately!

cross.mountain
Fio'Ui

Post#96 » Dec 09 2013 01:59

That's fantastic, El'mo! As always an inspiration. Thanks for sharing :)

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#97 » Dec 12 2013 03:25

Thanks for the kind words guys - unfortunately (or not, depending on your point of view ;)) the DA will be taking a break while I do some catch up with my Tau air caste.

I have a Barracuda in progress and this will be followed with a Sun/Razorshark (magnetised of course).

The next planned DA model will be an up-armoured command Rhino/Razorback but that will be in Feb/Mar.

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#98 » Jan 13 2014 04:28

Work has started on the up-armoured Rhino/Razorback

Basically it is a standard Rhino chassis with the Vindicator top and side armour trimmed a little. The top has had the grill section cut out and enlarged and the hatch from the Rhino has been trimmed to fit. The headlights have been repositioned and a Crusader frag assault launcher has been cut up and glued on. Some wire antennas and some extra bling has also been added.

Still need to do a lot of the fine work and greenstuffing.

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#99 » Jan 17 2014 01:53

Here is the start of the dismounted Ravenwing Black Ops.

And after 2 nights painting in between waiting for the glue on the Rhino to dry...

The quick fluff is that these have had to dismount to conduct a long range recon due to the terrain being impassable by their machine steeds. They act as a DA tactical Squad or can be used as HH DA.

They still need a bit more personalisation and weathering but I will do that when they are fully assembled.

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#100 » Jan 17 2014 02:24

Which shoulders are those?

Very cool looking squad.
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#101 » Jan 17 2014 02:44

Cheers

The models are from Anvil Industries

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El

Post#102 » Jan 17 2014 03:21

Oh, those models look really cool and that sneak-peek of fluff is promising!

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#103 » Jan 17 2014 05:01

Che Gue'vesa wrote:Oh, those models look really cool and that sneak-peek of fluff is promising!

Ok, how about this to start...

It was dark, that special dark you get where you can’t see your hand in front of your face. Harrington paced slowly; time seemed to drag. It was always the same on the graveyard shift. That special time of night reserved for the unlucky and the nocturnal animals on this gods forsaken world.

He cursed himself at getting picked for this duty. The Dark Warrior had chosen him due to his earlier failings at weapons drill. The monstrously oversized man could have killed him but something had stayed his wrath and that in itself was unusual enough to give Harrington a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.

The Dark Warrior had turned, his robes drifting apart showing glimpses of coal black armour underneath. His dark eyes burrowed into Harrington’s mind like a worm into a rotten apple making Harrington squirm uncomfortably. It was not his fault the weapon had jammed. It was just bad luck or faulty ammunition. “That was it,” he thought “it was the Dark Priests fault.“ For this Harrington had been banished to a month on the graveyard shift. But still, it was better than the alternative.

Now in the final hours of his punishment, Harrington just wished for it to be over. To be allowed to sleep at night instead of the endless pacing round and round the compound.

A noise disturbed him from his thoughts. A small noise like the serration of grass in the wind but the night was still. He looked around, opening his eyes as wide as they could go, trying to scrape every particle of luminescence he could from the faint starlight. Something caught his eye, a darker patch in the night, close by and moving. It must be the Dark Warrior checking on him. He had done it on previous nights, trying to catch Harrington out or just prowling for his own secretive purposes.

The figure moved, the black armoured form, large and menacing approached. It must be the Dark Warrior; no normal man was of his size. A glint of silver, a warm feeling on Harrington’s neck as he slowly collapsed to the ground. The blades edge was so sharp he did not even realise it had ended his existence till it was too late.

Bending down to wipe the blade on the heretics clothing, Brother Sgt Neria of the Ravenwing motioned for his brothers to come forward. The way ahead was clear and the members of his squad quickly took advantage of the opening. They had left their bikes two days march away; the terrain had been unforgiving for motorised transport with deep gullies, swamps and wide rivers. Also the chance of detection from the many surveillance devices was so high that Neria had decided the only thing to do was to continue the mission on foot. This was not normal procedure for the Ravenwing but had been known to happen previously as situations like this dictated.

His brothers where utilising chest rigs, weighed down with extra ammunition, grenades and other equipment normally secreted on their metal steeds but it had to be done if they had any chance of catching their primary target off guard. The fabled Dark Warrior had arrived on planet six months ago and had already established a small army and a significant base of operations.

Chaplain Ketheriel had told Neria of the importance of his mission. He was to scout ahead for a possible Chaos Marine polluting the planet with his heretic preaching, locate the base and call the Deathwing to do their duty. The Chaplain had stressed that Neria was to take any steps necessary to complete the task and so he found himself far from his bike.

Even now the Deathwing waited aboard the Strike Cruiser, encased in their Terminator armour, expecting his signal to teleport down and strike.

Brother Sgt Neria was humbled to have been chosen to lead this mission and he would ensure that it succeeded no matter what he had to do to accomplish it.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El

Post#104 » Jan 18 2014 04:11

A nice piece,

the fact that they leave their most important piece of wargear (the Bikes) behind and are still so deadly is really cool.

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#105 » Jan 31 2014 12:45

Thanks Che, I will try to write some more in the future but unfortunately I was distracted doing this...

4th Company Command Rhino, Dark Angels

When the 4th Company deploys in full, the Company Commander rides into battle mounted in his personal Rhino along with his Veteran Squad. As he deploys into the thick of the fighting the Rhino can give fire support with it's roof mounted bolters.

Unique to this vehicle are the forward mounted Frag Assault Lanchers which where modified by the 4th Company Techmarine from those fitted on the Landraider Crusader. This are designed to send out a hail of shrapnel to disable and dis-orientate the enemy prior to assault.

Extra inter-company communication systems have been installed as can be seen with the extra antennas.

The Company commanders personal heraldry can be seen on the front corner of the Rhino, a black shield bisected diagonally with a green line with the sword of the Dark Angels uppermost and his personal motto (believed to be "To Forgive is Weak", although no explanation has been forthcoming as to why) below. Also written on the troop hatch is the motto "Never Forget, Never Forgive".

4th Company Command Razorback, Dark Angels

When the 4th Company deploys in full, the Company Commander rides into battle mounted in his personal Razorback along with his Veteran Squad. As he deploys into the thick of the fighting the Razorback can give fire support with it's roof mounted lascannons or heavy bolters (not shown).

Unique to this vehicle are the forward mounted Frag Assault Launchers which where modified by the 4th Company Techmarine from those fitted on the Land-raider Crusader. This are designed to send out a hail of shrapnel to disable and dis-orientate the enemy prior to assault.

The Company commanders personal heraldry can be seen on the front corner of the Razorback, a black shield bisected diagonally with a green line with the sword of the Dark Angels uppermost and his personal motto (believed to be "To Forgive is Weak", although no explanation has been forthcoming as to why) below.

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#106 » Feb 09 2014 04:49

And the dismounted Ravenwing are done. The Anvil models where a pleasure to paint.

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#107 » May 27 2014 01:43

Work has started on the conversion of some terminators from the DV set. The rough work is done and it just needs some fine tuning before I am ready to base spray.

Deathwing Command Squad (5 , 325 pts)
Deathwing Champion (Halberd of Caliban)
Deathwing Apothecary
Deathwing Company Banner
Power Fist (x2), Storm Bolter (x2), Chainfist (x1), Assault Cannon (x1)

I like my standards held as opposed to being mounted between the shoulders and I just need to add the lower part of the pole which I will do later. The conversion of Mr. Rabbit Ears was fairly easy so he could hold the Halberd and I have added the cloak from the Knights box, the Apothecary had an arm swap and the extra bits from the Knights box attached.

Deathwing Knights (5 , 235 pts)
Knight Master (Storm Shield, Flail of the Unforgiven)
Deathwing Knights x 4 (Mace of Absolution, Storm Shield)

These will be the standard build and no photos yet

Deathwing Terminator Squad (5 , 245 pts)
Deathwing Terminator Sergeant (Lightning Claws)
Power Fist (x3), Storm Bolter (x3), Chainfist (x1) Assault Cannon (x1)

On this Sgt I removed the bunny ears and the feathers from the skull icon and replaced both arms with lightning claws, the assault cannon from the Knights box has been fitted to the chainfist model and a stormbolter to the normal assault cannon model. The remaining 2 models have had the stormbolters repositioned to avoid clones.

Deathwing Terminator Squad (5 , 250 pts)
Deathwing Terminator Sergeant (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield)
Power Fist (x3), Storm Bolter (x3), Chainfist (x1) Cyclone Missile Launcher (x1)

The sword hand has been replaced with a storm shield from the DA extras sprue and the storm bolter has been swapped with the hammer from the Knights box. The Cyclone missile launcher is also from the Knights box and fits perfectly ontop of a DV termi. The assault cannon model has had it replaced with a storm bolter and the remaining 2 are just slight repositioning of the gun arms.

Deathwing Terminator Squad (5 , 250 pts)
Deathwing Terminator Sergeant (Power Sword & Storm Bolter;)
Power Fist (x3), Storm Bolter (x4), Chainfist (x1) Assault Cannon (x1)

Standard from the DV set - no conversions.

I plan to use magnets where I can so I can do arm swaps later and yes the barrels will be drilled out ;)

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#108 » Jun 04 2014 12:14

The DA FAQ does not allow the Deathwing Sgt to take any other weapons than a Stormbolter and Powersword so I have had to play with my initial models which I was planning on having with Thunder Hammers/Storm Shields and Lightning Claws.

All the arms will be magnetised so if the FAQ is changed to allow other weapon load-outs I will just be able to swap them over.

This conversion uses the Deathwing Sgt from the Dark Vengeance box set combined with parts from the Deathwing command box.

This conversion uses the Deathwing Sgt from the Dark Vengeance box set but with the sword arm removed and repositioned and the bunny ears have been chopped off along with the feathers behind the skull icon.

This conversion uses the Deathwing Sgt from the Dark Vengeance box with the sword hand repositioned slightly.

This is the standard Dark Vengeance model for those that have not seen it before.

This conversion uses the Deathwing Sgt from the Dark Vengeance box set combined with parts from the Terminator box and a shield from Scibor

Work continues along with the part painted Devilfish.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”