[Alternate Miniatures] New Alien races sighted [Updated]

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

[Alternate Miniatures] New Alien races sighted [Updated]

Post#1 » Feb 09 2011 12:04

Hi All,

As you know I keep a wary eye out, using a multitude of por'vesa search drones, to spot upcoming miniatures ranges which suit the purposes of Allies or antagonists for our Tau cadres. Well, last night something appeared which looks very promising :

"The Nhyui"

(possible name surmised from actual filename)

Looks interesting and is a well sculpted WiP piece. Discussions on Frothersunite.co.uk suggest only the beginning of an expansive line of troopers, heavies and so on. Not unlike the Drantakh. The company behind it, FourA Miniatures have a growing and well sculpted online collection so far, produced by several well known sculptors in the boutique market community (some established producers themselves), this latest piece has promise and backed by all the above looks set to become a great alternate alien to collect.

You can see other miniatures I've collated from my searches and those of others in Hobby Resource [Alternate Alien & Ally Miniatures]

enjoy,
Tael.

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Re: [Alternate Miniatures] New Alien race sighted

Post#2 » Feb 09 2011 02:40

Thanks for the update Tael, I always enjoy seeing new artwork like this sculpt.

It feels like this figure has a bit of a genestealer vibe, but far enough away from it to not infringe on any IP issues.

Perhaps we'll see more and more new ideas come from Four A Minis like you mentioned, and have a broader selection of potential auxilia to spark some creative fluff and inclusion.

After glancing through their site I was enamored with the Rar figures. I'd like to see some feline inspired heavy infantry!

Cheers,

modelglue

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: [Alternate Miniatures] New Alien races sighted {Update]

Post#3 » Feb 15 2011 02:34

Hi All,

Indeed the Rar are a more recent and fun direction for an Alien race ModelGlue. Regiment Games picked them up and has them alongside the Dran'Takh range. For the curious can find out more via the links in the Hobby Resource [Alternate Alien & Ally Miniatures] section of the Resource Articles.

In update : the To'Ok range by Spartan Games, recently had their range picked up by ZombieSmith games. You can see the new models and forthcoming ranges below:

Originally known as a line of miniatures for Spartan Games Miniatures, Domain of Light & Steel [Link] the To'Ok and the Jakrats. They have miners and heavy infantry models for the To'Ok and then the enemies; the Jakrats, lean metallic warrior automatons. You can see the original models here :
Image Image

Recently the range has been picked up by ZombieSmith, now released as the To'Ok with the soon to be released Ute'wehi faction, originally the 'Jakrats' line. New images below :
Image Image

Should be yet another nice addition to avid alien collectors out there.

best,
Tael.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: [Alternate Miniatures] New Alien races sighted [Updated]

Post#4 » Oct 25 2011 06:02

Hi All,

Couple of interesting auxiliary pieces appeared on the radar yesterday, Bronze Age Miniatures, recently released these new Sci Fi models below:

Image Image

A nice addition to auxiliary units or a one-off character piece. Possibly need a weapon modification? Also, looks good for an Infinity gaming piece too.

enjoy,
Tael.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#5 » Dec 04 2011 08:28

Recently spied battle squad of sauroid aliens. Either foe or auxiliary race for your Cadre :

Studio Miniatures, Golgoth Battle Squad [Link]
Part of the Atlantis Imperium range, newly picked up by Studio Miniatures. Consists of a leader, troopers and a special weapon, white metal in 32mm scale.

As ever, keeping an eye out with my network of vesa forum scouts,
Tael.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#6 » Dec 04 2011 01:32

Oh, those look cool and they could be simply be implemented into a Tau Cadre. (A decal here a shoulder-pad there).

paulson games
Shas

Post#7 » Dec 04 2011 05:27

I found some retro looking robots on Hydra miniatures, very Iron Giant inspired. They also have some great Flash Gordon themed stuff.

Image Image

Image Image

Hydra MIniatures [LINK]
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#8 » Dec 04 2011 06:27

Nice find Paulson, suitably retro androids. If anyone else wants to add miniatures, please check that they match the following criteria :

Criteria :

- First; check I already haven't listed them via Hobby Resource [Alternate Alien & Ally Miniatures]
    - Suitably Xeno, plausible Tau Ally/Foe.
    - Can be used in 32mm scale gaming. (If smaller, but can pass off as diminutive aliens, then all good)
    - High Quality sculpting, variations and casting.
    - Trusted Producer/Supplier

Alternate Miniatures on ATT is about models that work with the Tau range; this is not a catch all for every new miniature line on the market. We would be at that for weeks, so I have chosen to focus on models that suit our niche :D

So if you spy something that might just work as Auxiliaries or Foe, link them here! :)

Thanks all!
Tael.

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#9 » Dec 04 2011 07:16

The Goloths look great, I like the look of the masked variant. I suppose though, that the masked face sort of ruins the whole idea of having a reptilian auxiliary. You wouldn't want to cover their identifying features, otherwise they look mighty humanoid.

Great find.

modelglue

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#10 » Dec 04 2011 07:26

In part why I only applied a crest boom to my Naga'la Auxiliary. Despite being clearly lizard-like from the neck down, hiding their face seemed wrong even still :)

- Tael.

Vet Sgt
Shas

Post#11 » Dec 04 2011 08:12

How about these head swaps from Impact Miniatures? They look very good on Kroot bodies.

They can be found at http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=calasain

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#12 » Feb 14 2012 08:04

Mantic Games have released their first news items on Pandora : A Sci-fi shipboard game between their Corporation humans and the mysterious 8th race.

However a couple of hints have eluded to further details. In the press release the comments:

"10 x 8th Race Scavengers"

and..

Project Pandora: Grim Cargo is the new sci-fi board game pitting the Corporation against the mysterious Veer-myn, who have boarded a Corporation Starship in attempt to steal its precious cargo – a cargo which the Corporation will do everything in it’s power to keep hold of...

If you look closely on the right side of the following image.. a snout and elongated front teeth..

Looks like we may just have Rats in Spaaaace..... (Shameless ripped from the Muppets)

paulson games
Shas

Post#13 » Feb 14 2012 02:12

Also on the Mantic page they cite them as being called "Veer-myn" so I definitely inclined to think it's a rat like race.
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

Fio El's Workshop
Fio

Post#14 » Feb 15 2012 02:04

Any takers that the "protect at all costs" cargo is cheese?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#15 » Feb 15 2012 05:39

You could be right, it could be a copy of the new Necron codex, it reeks of it.

Tael.
B-dum-tish.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#16 » Feb 17 2012 05:32

And the reveal :

Mantic Games - The Veer-myn

Image Image

Full cover art for Project Pandora :

In addition PuppetsWar.EU have recently released the following themed heads with more to come :

XV42 Havok
Fio

Post#17 » Feb 17 2012 07:19

Those Puppets War heads are definite must
have for human axillary head replacement.

Hmmm... Might just buy some now
XV42 Havok Broadside - My broadside's bigger than yours

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#18 » Feb 21 2012 05:10

Scenery added, as found by Theambit :)

Check out the Hobby Resource [Alternate Alien & Ally Miniatures] , updated and added links to new scenery options at the end.

- Tael.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”