[Alternate Miniatures] New Alien races sighted [Updated]

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Tael
Fio'O

Re: [Alternate Miniatures] New Alien races sighted [Updated]

Post#31 » Jan 20 2015 08:26

And keeping an eye on I have.. Beyond the Gates of Antares has just posted these army deals. Handy that one faction is in our favourite classical tau colours ;)

Gates of Antares Forces
Beyond the Gates of Antares is Warlord's own Science Fiction wargame, written by Rick Priestley. The first model releases are already available in our webstore. Several factions are included. The figures are slightly larger than GW figures, though the aliens can get away with this easily.

Bitterman
Shas

Post#32 » Jan 21 2015 06:20

Played a Gates of Antares game using the Beta rules the other night. Fantastic game, so much fun, so involving, so exciting.

Unfortunately those Boromite models are just awful IMO, and even the Algoryn are only OK (they're a bit bland). So I think this game is slipping past a lot of people. Some of the models/armies they're bringing out a lot more later - the Concord on jetbikes look incredible, the Ghar look fantastic... but they had to start with silly rock-monster Boromites. Not clever IMO.

ShasODerpy
Shas'Ui

Post#33 » Jan 22 2015 09:51

From a pure model/parts perspective.

I'd agree.. those boromites look really awefull... there's a couple static weapon emplacements that look interesting though.

First thing that came to mind on the Algoryn was "Turians" (their armor mostly). They have a neat looking weapon emplacement, and i think I spotted a drone team that looked like the ForgeWorld ones in R'alais kit.
Think I could imagine myself using them as auxilliary/allies, Firewarrior equivalant.
Shas'O 50mm, the Foresighted
WIP Tau

TinkerTau 2.0
Shas

Post#34 » Jan 22 2015 05:29

I spy an alternative marker drone. Wonder if you can buy bits from them. Maybe we should bombard them with bits questions. If that's allowed.
"Sometimes you feel like a Tau..., or else."

boomwolf
Shas'La

Post#35 » Jan 23 2015 02:51

I don't think them tiny drones can be markers, way too small to fit as stand-ins.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#36 » Jan 26 2015 12:17

Mmmm, I don't mind the Boromites and pretty much all that's been critiqued is on par with my own thoughts.

Overall, I could not forgo mentioning this range due to the decent support, variety and potential. Even if bad designs in some cases, they're well made. I look forward to more and glad most agree.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”