3d Weapons & Models

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Ta'Ro'Cha Kais
Shas

Re: 3d Weapons & Models

Post#261 » Oct 18 2013 09:14

I would suggest a sprue for the arms, containing a universal forearm piece for each side, with one each of the underslung weapon systems and a shield unit, for options. Then a sprue of one commander head and 3 soldier heads. Finally, a frame with back/shoulder mounted systems (Banner, MP, Long Barreled RG, maybe an upgraded ABFP looking piece?) should satisfy.

paulson games
Shas

Post#262 » Oct 19 2013 05:16

A brief pause on the plastic discussion...

One of the things I love about modelling is that even when you are looking at familiar parts random inspiration can strike and you see stuff in a new way.

From random pile of parts to a federation style fleet scale ship.

Now that my random brain surge is done, back to thinking about plastics :)
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre

Post#263 » Oct 19 2013 01:05

paulson games wrote:Another aspect is that I will likely end up having to redo the 3d files to accomidate the way plastics are done and it'd be an ideal opportunity to make changes to or update the designs. So I could possibly add more details or alter the style a bit. Is there anything on the exsisting designs that jumps out at you that you'd like to see done slightly diferantly?

Anything that allows more conversions and uses is okay by me. You have a great selection on the store, and I'm not terribly picky.

That being said, a larger selection of handheld weapons would be nice. I'm a fan of bullpup designs, and weapons with a bit more body and stock variation would keep more guns looking interesting. If you had a different body for the beam and projectile weapons, for instance, I could easily mix and match barrel, body, and stock (alongside various bits). But I'm not sure how profitable those weapons are for you anyways, so I don't know if you'd consider it worthwhile.
Jefffar wrote:Hands for 54mm mecha and rifle/carbine/pistol versions of most of the weapons would be nice.

I second this.

EDIT: I just wanted to post something I did with Paulson's Rifles and Pistols recently. I apologize for the quality, but I only have a cellphone camera and Photoshop:
Partially inspired by LordDirk's concept art.
Last edited by ARC'Thunder on Mar 15 2014 01:53, edited 1 time in total.

paulson games
Shas

Post#264 » Oct 21 2013 02:10

I've been quite busy in my mech bay of late and things have been piling up as a result of my labors. Tech shields are stacked to the ceiling and their storage crates have started bursting open. They're sliding all over, banging into sensitive equipment and scuffing the fresh mecha paint I'd just applied. I sighed a bit and said to myself I'm on parts overload here I need to do some serious repurposing of equipment, then I broke out the fusion welder.

This is probably a really dated reference but I'm getting a serious Batteries Not Included vibe working on these disc shaped AIs.

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui

Post#265 » Oct 21 2013 06:55

That last one looks awesome for Counts As Sniper Drones. - Please handle price negotiations via PM! -
Last edited by Che Gue'vesa on Oct 21 2013 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed question about price!

Biddo
Shas'Ui

Post#266 » Oct 21 2013 01:22

I agree with CoffeeGrunt, you should put those pieces on a spure :D
Want your crisis suits to have hands? try my guide

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui

Post#267 » Oct 21 2013 02:11

Re the edit:

Sorry, it was more casual small talk than an actual request as such.

paulson games
Shas

Post#268 » Nov 18 2013 10:49

The computer I use for work got a virus and died on me which is pretty bad timing. I need to replace it ASAP, which means I'm holding a sale. Enter Christmas in the discount code section when checking out and it'll take 20% off.

The sale will run until I raise enough to pick up a new desktop, it'll likely run for the next 2-3 weeks but may end sooner depending on the volume of orders.

paulson games
Shas

Post#269 » Dec 05 2013 10:57

The NorAm Lynx pretty much done. (Medium class mecha)

Any thoughts or comments on the model before it's off to print?

Shown next to a raptor for scale. Raptor is 65mm tall, Lynx is 75mm tall.

paulson games
Shas

Post#270 » Dec 20 2013 03:37

Tsunami Class Energy Cannon

For modifying big boy robots and tanks. Measures aprox 90mm

Any thoughts or comments before it heads to print?

De'terra
Fio'Vre

Post#271 » Dec 20 2013 03:49

I regret buying an XV107 from Forgeworld.
These bits would have been so much better.

They look awesome!

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui

Post#272 » Dec 20 2013 04:24

Part of me wants to shave out the middle and use it as a Railgun. It looks sweet compared to the standard one, is the size comparable?

Warhound
Shas

Post#273 » Dec 20 2013 06:53

Hiya

while I love these... there is somthing not quite in-keeping... I think that the 'knocked over trapezium shapes' (with the 3 spot depressions) in the middle just look 'tacked on'... not functional, or as detailed as the rest of the piece....

Possibly change that element to be a more intergrated 'collar' to mesh the barrel to the main body of the gun?

I love the canisters and 'elbows'... perhaps the sleeves on the barrell could be joined from top to bottom, so allowing the central chamber to be hollowed out by the user- if they choose- but keeping the strenght of the unit?

if that makes sense?

otherwise, these will be on my next purchase!

cheers
W
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

paulson games
Shas

Post#274 » Dec 31 2013 01:30

Here's a concept I was toying around with. Has inspiration elements from Shoji Kawamori's art (macross/gundam) and XCom's Mectoid. If I make a model for it'd be sized around 55-60mm so it'd be roughly on par with Infinity TAG suits. Working name for these would be R.O.I. Remote Operated Infantry "Roys" for slang.

Still on the fence with the design so I thought I'd toss it out there and see what you guys think.

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui

Post#275 » Dec 31 2013 04:06

Didn't happen to draw any inspiration from Shas'O Kais' design, did you? ;)

Shovi
Shas

Post#276 » Dec 31 2013 04:46

The concept reminds me of Lord Dirks drawings. How many fingers would it have? Four per coincidence? Would there be different ways to assemble the joints? If yes, I would buy a pack if three ASAP. I have some more questions though, does the weapon replace part of an arm? Could you maybe make an optional jetpack?
If it was some milimeters bigger they would be even more fitting to replace a certain dated model in a popular tabletop game... As it is it might not have the right mass, because it is a delicate designt in comparison.

abraxus
Shas

Post#277 » Dec 31 2013 06:37

I like the design. Looks just Tau-y to be useful as a crisis type stand-in (and it seems to make sense that the Tau would use remote operated suit). Plus, your stuff has been pretty high quality, so I would love to see you produce a suit.

That said... go back to your room and don't you dare leave until the Lynx is ready for sale! ;)

paulson games
Shas

Post#278 » Dec 31 2013 07:59

Current thought on weapons is that they'd be handheld, or mounted over the shoulders similar to the Gundam GM series. It has a 3 fingered hand, two fingers and a thumb. (xcom mec trooper style)

Hadn't planned on a rear mounted thruster unit, although it might be possible to add one as an extra part. At 60mm in height it'd be about a head taller than a common popular mech. Parts would be on ball joints to allow for a good amount of poseability.

Also the Mecha Front lynx should be headed out for printing late this week.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”