3d Weapons & Models

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Re: 3d Weapons & Models

Post#217 » Apr 02 2013 08:29

You know what would be perfect? A waist that rotates. That makes this thing 110% cooler since now it can actually move.

Jefffar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#218 » Apr 02 2013 08:31

Yes, a nicely articulated waist, hips, and knees would be awesome.

paulson games
Shas

Post#219 » Apr 03 2013 03:00

Planning on this being poseable at waist, shoulders, elbows and likely knees.

Deleted double post.
>>--AA-->
Last edited by paulson games on Apr 08 2013 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

Jefffar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#220 » Apr 03 2013 03:32

Nice, with some good clean lines.

Will it be compatible with your earlier Mecha Heads?

Shas'O T'Ar'Cha
Shas

Post#221 » Apr 03 2013 05:38

Will the head be sold separately?

paidinfull
Shas

Post#222 » Apr 04 2013 11:04

paulson
may I make a suggestion?

Given the new rules floating out there being more focused around "flying robot discs" perhaps you would allow fellow "hobby enthusiasts" to make their own "custom flying robot discs" from their current surplus. You could do so by creating your own custom designs to signify different variants.

(updated to be more PC)
;)
Last edited by paidinfull on Apr 04 2013 03:17, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.ironfistleague.com for games in NOVA/DC!

Bitterman
Shas

Post#223 » Apr 04 2013 11:07

That's a brilliant idea. I don't really fancy buying boxes and boxes of Pathfinders just to get the drones. Custom drone kits would go down a storm.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#224 » Apr 04 2013 11:21

Unfortunately, the stance has been, and will continue to be, that Paulson Games does not manufacture pieces for Games Workshop kits. While you are welcome to purchase components from the catalog and make conversions to your Tau models using them, components are not designed to interface with GW products. As such there will not be a "custom drone" package that uses the existing GW drone components. If you have a surplus that you would like to turn into different drones, you are welcome to use existing components from the PG range and perform your own conversions.

Jefffar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#225 » Apr 04 2013 11:37

Agreed.

Paulson could choose to make small artificially intelligent Assistant models. He could give them a variety of equipment options such as sub-machineguns, long rifles, rocket propelled grenade launchers, targeting beams, graviton generators, positional beacons, protective force fields or anything else he wanted. He might even see those sell particularly well.

But making parts specifically to integrate with the copyrighted models of another company is a big no-no.

paidinfull
Shas

Post#226 » Apr 04 2013 03:17

Updated original post above.
http://www.ironfistleague.com for games in NOVA/DC!

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#227 » Apr 04 2013 05:53

I don't think that really changes anything, but props for trying I guess.

Back on topic, it's great to see your current endeavors Paulson.

paulson games
Shas

Post#228 » Apr 05 2013 12:57

I don't make any parts that specifially fit 3rd party models. People are welcome to do any kitbashing they want with the parts but it might need a touch of work depending on the models.

If it's any help I've seen a couple people use the tech shields and cut down heads to make flying disc bots.

As far as the Nexus heads I'm sure I can make them avaialble individually. The model is not finialized on size just yet so I'm not sure how it pairs up vs my current heads, it should be roughly in the same size range but i won't know until I have the final model done. Even if the original mech heads fit I'll make at least one more new head option for the Nexus Armor.

I also have a sensor upgrade part in the works and mecha scout heads that'll fit the same dimensions as the original soldier and commander heads.

JagdtMirage
Kor'Ui
Kor'Ui

Post#229 » Apr 05 2013 01:08

paulson games wrote:I don't make any parts that specifially fit 3rd party models. People are welcome to do any kitbashing they want with the parts but it might need a touch of work depending on the models.
also have a sensor upgrade part in the works and mecha scout heads that'll fit the same dimensions as the original soldier and commander heads.

I was reminded of a need for something like this, as my leg bumped a table and a model did it's Pinning Test (did I pin it enough ?) as it bounced, it passed...

... with the exception of the antennae.

I had a thought. Laser cut antennae you could laminate to a specified thickness, for infantry, light armor, or vehicle sized / thickness.
S7,AP3,10inBlast,IgnoresCover. Smells like...victory.

paulson games
Shas

Post#230 » Apr 08 2013 01:47

Some alternate head designs (still in progress) any thoughts?

Slightly shorter in length than the current heads and a visor instread of a single optic. (inspired by Patlabor)

Last edited by paulson games on Apr 08 2013 03:57, edited 1 time in total.

Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O

Post#231 » Apr 08 2013 03:07

I personally think the first (far left) looks good as a "standard issue" head, and the second (second from the left) is a good "commander" variant.

Is there any hope of you creating "Riptide-sized" heads? There'd probably be some great demand... :crafty:

Whitefire
Shova

Post#232 » Apr 08 2013 04:12

Hey Paulson I have to say I prefer the shape of the new 2 but the visor just does not do it for me.

Jefffar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#233 » Apr 08 2013 05:11

I need to agree on the visors, make an optic piece on those ones.

I can see the lines working together. Single antennas representing NCOs and enlisted while the Twins can go to the Officers. The crest representing some kind of upgraded optics or similar.

Wodai
Shas

Post#234 » Apr 08 2013 05:38

I do believe you shouldnt change anything on the newer ones, the 2 on the right hand. Looks good the way they are.
Keep up the good work!

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”