3d Weapons & Models

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Warhound
Shas

Re: 3d Weapons & Models

Post#235 » Apr 08 2013 05:02

Dude..just a quickie but have you thought about a down scale version of your banners... To fit a firewarrior/ pathfinder?

I would pick up six no probs ;)

edit make that twelve;)

cheers

Warhound
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

DMarcus
Shas

Post#236 » Apr 10 2013 07:45

Paulson: It has been already said, but your work is awesome and I also plan on purchasing some of your mecha weapons. And probably some of your mechs as well!

I do have one suggestion: can you make the elbow joint more like a ball joint? The human elbow can pivot almost 180 degrees. It would greatly enhance the pose-ability of the mech.

Just my two-cents. Whatever you decide on will be awesome! :biggrin:

paulson games
Shas

Post#237 » May 20 2013 08:44

I've gotten a lot of comments on how people are using some of the weapon parts to make bodies for fleet scale space ships, figured I'd help make the conversions a bit easier. Here's a take on some heavy laser frigates which can also double as some oversized mecha guns.

These are currently at the printer along with the visored mech heads, which leaves me a bit stretched on funds. I've had a really rough month with bills and covering all the preparation stuff for the mecha front KS so I'm going to holding a sale.

20% off everything until I can sell enough to cover the printing costs of these models and the mecha front test piece. Once I have those covered the sales ends. So it may last through the end of the month or it could be done in 2-3days, if there's something you need don't procrastinate. Enter the word sale in the discount code section when checking out and it'll take 20% off the order.
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#238 » May 20 2013 09:02

Those are looking pretty spectacular. a bridge piece may also be a useful addition to future ship conversions.

jentral
Shas

Post#239 » May 29 2013 09:31

Great to see you're still hard at work on these Paulson. Gotta admit curious on the Riptide sized one as well as a prototype head for your Mecha Front stuff possibly but the two new heads you have shown look cool to me I see myself taking and getting some of the far right ones and lopping the mouth piece off extending the head down and doing like a Shockwave look from the old school Transformers.
Fear the beasts in your head not the jungle. - Catachan

paulson games
Shas

Post#240 » Jun 08 2013 06:53

New stuff is in limbo at the moment as I've been pouring everything into Mecha Front, check my thread and you'll see where all that time & energy has been going. :)

I want to get back to the parts when I can but not sure how soon that will be.

paulson games
Shas

Post#241 » Sep 15 2013 03:37

I was able to get the infantry banners to cast sucessfully, however I have some concerns as to their durability. The vertical pole that holds the banners is very thin and being resin it's also pretty fragile.

I am faced with two options make them in resin and let the end user beware or I can have them made in metal so they will be a bit more durable. (but It will also take 2-3 months before I'd have them in stock). I'd like to get a show of hands and see who is interested and what preference you might have resin/metal.

Price would likely be 5 banners for $3 and there would be traditional samurai sashimono banners as well as the sci-fi style hi tech banners.

(their design & details are the same as the mech banners I currently offer, they are just scaled down)

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#242 » Sep 15 2013 03:43

My vote would be for resin - We already get thin plastic antenna from GW and if it all goes wrong and they snap they can be replaced with a section of brass rod or a straightened paperclip.

The metal may cause a lightweight plastic model to overbalance on sloped terrain.

Warhound
Shas

Post#243 » Sep 15 2013 05:18

I second the resin.. I have been chomping for these for ages... I would take them in balsa they are so nice! Lol

When will they be available?

Cheers

Warhound
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#244 » Sep 15 2013 05:50

For anyone who thought the Tau are not Japanese enough, we now have samurai flags for your infantry XD

Anyway, it looks intresting as team leader upgrades (unlike my current "red shoulder pad")

As for material, I would actually advise metal unless your resin is really tough, though I personally wount probably get a flag either way, doesn't fit my style much.

Have you considered making new infantry helmets?

Bitterman
Shas

Post#245 » Sep 15 2013 09:50

I would have been interested in sashimonos, if I hadn't recently converted my own (got tired of waiting, sorry! :P ).

Perhaps I'd pick some up at some point in the future, and if I did I'd prefer them in resin.

jentral
Shas

Post#246 » Sep 21 2013 08:48

I haven't spent any cash on 40k stuff since the Eldar codex but Kromlech's got Cyber Samurai banners that are Resin for Space Marines and from what I've seen they hold up well so don't see why these shouldn't be fine in resin.

http://www.kromlech.eu/kromlech-product ... -g122.html

At least yours shows more detail than a bent pipe. lol I'm more curious on how the end of it looks that mounts to the model in all honesty. On a plus side if done in resin it'd be easier for some to work with if they decide to modify it a little more. On top of dodging the model being top heavy. Been playing Warmachine the last year and I hate the standard bearers' weight from the flags.
Fear the beasts in your head not the jungle. - Catachan

paulson games
Shas

Post#247 » Oct 05 2013 03:21

Resin versions of the infantry scaled banners are now available :)

I do recommend only using them on plastic or resin models. The weight of metal models could damage the banenr if the model falls or is handled roughly. If you treat your minis with care it shouldn't be an issue, but just giving a heads up as there is a segment of gamers who treat their stuff with ham fists and throw them in shoe boxes etc.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#248 » Oct 05 2013 10:19

Looking good as ever! I especially like the second ones with both the top and bottom support.

paulson games
Shas

Post#249 » Oct 09 2013 12:46

What better way to celebrate Halloween than to dress up your models with some new parts?

Everything is 20% off. Prices are so good they're scary!

When checking out enter: sale in the discount code box and it will take 20% off your order.

(The sale pricing is for everything on the site including Mecha Front models)

paulson games
Shas

Post#250 » Oct 17 2013 07:23

I'm looking at having a sprue of weapons made in injection molded plastic. If all goes well it may eventually open the door to doing the mecha front models in plastic.

Currenty I need to determine which of my 54mm mecha parts I should put on the sprue. Right now the top choices are the heads and missile launchers.

I'm expecting to be able to fit about 6-8 pieces on the sprue, so what other offerings would you like to see included on it?

Biddo
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#251 » Oct 17 2013 08:05

This is fantastic news! I'd like to see the auto cannon and a beam weapon on the sprue.
Want your crisis suits to have hands? try my guide

happy_spike
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#252 » Oct 17 2013 08:07

I'd like to see how the auto-cannons work out (haha that's 2 votes!). I hate how the burst cannons look and was looking at replacing them with the auto-cannon barrels, and plastic would be much easier to work with.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”