Mecha Front - Now LIVE on Kickstarter

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Mecha Front

Post#61 » Jun 26 2013 10:36

Kaiizen wrote:The "Knee" joint is going to be an issue still since the entire leg is one solid piece. But, since it's all in plastic it's a minor grievance at best. I can easily make the cuts necessary to make this guy look like he's striding across the battle field. Good work so far, I'm looking forward to the finished product.

Resin, actually, and the production models will be metal. Pose-ability may be hindered a good deal when it comes to things like the knee joints, but I think I'm starting to see ways around it.

paulson games
Shas

Post#62 » Jun 26 2013 11:10

Metal isn't that hard to work with, but you do need the proper tool: A Jewelry Saw you can get them on ebay for under $10 shipped.

They do wonders for working on either resin or metal models. They have a much finer blade than a normal razor saw and let you make very precise and neat cuts. If you take you time and don't force the blade they will last a very long time, I've gone through maybe 3 blades in the last 5 years and I use it at least 2-3 times a week. After a regular hobby knife I'd rank my jewelry saw as my second most used tool, and it probably more important than my dremmel tool which is pretty impressive.

If you've ever managed to do corrective knee surgery on your crisis suits then it shouldn't be any harder to do on these, provide you have the right saw. Cut at the knee joint, posistion it how you want, pin it with a small piece of brass rod and fill in gaps.

If metal puts the fear of god into you and has your hobby hand shaking... There are still a few resin copies available which are incredibly easy to work with.
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

paulson games
Shas

Post#63 » Jul 15 2013 04:46

A whole bunch of updates. I now have http://www.mechafront.com up and running. (Content is still being added).

New artwork for several units.

Here are renders of the next mech that is headed in for printing.

I expect to have it available on the site early Aug. It will have 3 different variations and I'll also be releasing 2 more variants of the Raptor.

paulson games
Shas

Post#64 » Aug 01 2013 12:40

First print came in, the variant weapons will be arriving shortly. Man do I love modelling in 3d. :)

Bear
Fio'Vre

Post#65 » Aug 01 2013 01:20

I'm liking the torso on the left one, but I like the one on the right better overall. I wish I had something to ask, but I don't. Keep doing what you do and I'll keep loving it.

Xeones
Shas

Post#66 » Aug 01 2013 12:16

Very nice Paulson! I think this guy may be my favorite of the two. I'm really loving the Battletech-esque styling on these guys.
SPRUE FOR THE SPRUE GOD!!!

Shadow Strike
Shas'La

Post#67 » Aug 01 2013 12:47

Question for you Paulson: I love the legs on the left, but the torso on the right... Thoughts on swapping them? Is this something I can do and would it be legal in a game?

paulson games
Shas

Post#68 » Aug 01 2013 03:58

Swapping the legs would be possible. The hip pieces have a slightly differant conenction style so you'd need to cut off a peg to make them fit. It'd be a fairly simple modification.

As far as gameplay mechs will be able to swap out differant weapons and parts, so you could make slavage styled frankenstein mecha if you want. Some of the NorAm resistance fighters in the northwest would likely be making repairs with whatever parts they can find.

You guys are certainly free to modify models how you wish although it may take some tinkering to get parts paired up. Modifying stock models is one of my fgavorite things to do, mor ethan any other part of wargaming so I wouldn't dare remove that element from my own game ;)

paulson games
Shas

Post#69 » Aug 22 2013 01:34

Here's a couple pictures of the Raptor Gamma (aka Sniper) I'll have pictures of the other new mechs shortly.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Tael
Fio'O

Post#70 » Aug 22 2013 06:40

Raptor for me Paulson, my favourite design out of the range thus far. Makes my 15mm bug twitch. :)

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”