Mecha Front - Now LIVE on Kickstarter

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
paulson games
Shas

Re: Mecha Front

Post#81 » Oct 05 2013 10:58

Sorry about the late reply, I missed the post somehow.

abraxus wrote:Have you given any thoguhts to creating an electronic suites variant

Yes there will be several variants focused on electronic upgrades, sensor upgrades, ECMs and stealth systems.

I have concept art for alternate versions of the light and medium mechs with a bit less armor for more speed and a sensor based focus.

Edit: Just got the model today, and so far I'm really liking it. Some minor converting to one foot should be enough to give it a striding pose. The model had very little flash to clean. Now I just need to figure out what color scheme to use. Does NorAm have a "default" scheme as yet?

Glad you are enjoying the model :) I always apreciate comments as it helps me stay on target with making sure everything is up to expectations. There's no set paint patterns, mecha will typically be painted a camo pattern suited for their area of engagement, sicne the north american conflict covers an extensive range or terrain from dessert to artic pretty much anything goes. The concept art we've done for NorAm is a mountain two tone camo consisting of a mix of light and dark brown.

Also for a general update I've now made weapon packs available on the site. That way people can pick up extra weapons to convert to their hearts content. :)
Paulson Games parts are now at www.reddogminis.com

abraxus
Shas

Post#82 » Oct 08 2013 12:42

Just so that everyone knows, I just discovered that Paulson is running a 20% off halloween sale

AND THIS INCLUDES MECHA FRONT!

I'm very excited. I haven't even received the two models I ordered late last week (should be arriving today, woots!) and now I need to order more!

My wallet just wishes I'd held off 3 more days, lol!

Paulson, you are going to single-handedly get me divorced! (Ok, if it ever happens, GW probably helped just a wee little bit).

In all seriosness, anyone who has had any interest in trying the game out, I encourage you to buy a mecha or two and start play testing. The more constructive feedback we can provide, the better (and bigger) Paulson can make this thing. The models are very well done and so far the rules have been pretty smooth, fast paced, and fun.

Now I can't wait for the Lynx and Wolverine (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

paulson games
Shas

Post#83 » Feb 15 2014 10:27

And people thought the last one was big....

The Lynx parts are in and looking absolutely beautiful. I'll be molding these up ASAP and with luck the first batch of pre-orders may start shipping out as early as next Fri.

More pictures are posted in the Facebook gallery. (www.facebook.com/mechafront)

For those of you who missed it on pre-order, it'll be made available on the website in about two weeks

paulson games
Shas

Post#84 » Feb 20 2014 12:30

The cast came out very nicely, I should have the first batch headed out in the mail on Fri-Sat.

I get a lot of questions about scale so here's some pics that might help.

VS battletech models

VS some larger GW models

paulson games
Shas

Post#85 » Mar 12 2014 03:46

I've added a 6mm section to the website and I've placed the 6mm version of the Lynx up for pre-order.

http://www.mechafront.com/catalog/item/ ... 044857.htm

I expect to have the master in hand late next week and I should have them shipping out by the end of the month.

I'll be making 100 copies of these in resin, after that they'll end up being produced in metal and available as part of the upcoming Kickstarter (which will only be for the 6mm models). The metal models likely won't be available for another 6-12 months.

So if you want the 6mm version well before the KS delivers, or prefer resin over metal you'll want to put in an order now.

15mm sized version on the left, other than the re-scaling it should look identical of the 15mm version. I'll update with actual scaled pics as soon as I can.

abraxus
Shas

Post#86 » Apr 11 2014 11:18

I think Paulson forgot to post it, but I just noticed that he is having a sale going on for Mecha Front models. Just thought I'd post an FYI!

paulson games
Shas

Post#87 » Apr 14 2014 04:45

Jefffar
Shas'Vre

Re: Mecha Front - Now LIVE on Kickstarter

Post#88 » Apr 14 2014 10:04

I've chipped in my share.

abraxus
Shas

Post#89 » Apr 15 2014 06:14

Curses.... and right after I ordered another Raptor. I'll have to fight with the wife to see if I can scrap together enough for the 120 lvl.

Might as well start a Neo-Block squad now that I have enough to field a Nor-Am.

FYI, the Lynx with the missiles looks sexy.

Edit:

Congrats on doubling your goal! Out of curiosity, any idea at what point the heavies and Blackfrost are going to unlock? (drools over the Wolverine, Cougar, and Wendigo)

paulson games
Shas

Post#90 » Apr 16 2014 12:26

Unlocking the Cougar at 9k, first heavy should unlock at 13k. Might take a few days but we're getting there. :)

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”