El'mo's Chocochip Astra Milliwhatnow

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Re: El'mo's Chocochip Astra Milliwhatnow

Post#41 » Feb 21 2015 06:57

I just can't stand not magnetising the options but I can see the sense behind only doing the weapons.

Rhino to Landraider is beyond me but I have done a Crusader/Redeemer/Ares and a Rhino/Razorback/Predator/Whirlwind/Vindicator ;)

See my DA thread, link in signature.

Unfortunately I have one last AM thing to do before I can get some Tau done... a Kasrkin squad and they don't need magnets :P

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#42 » Feb 28 2015 09:24

Kasrkin are now complete. I removed the Aquilla from the helmet to carry on the helmet cover look from the rest of my troops and I had to hollow out the Sgts helmet as it was badly cast along with drilling out the grenade launcher and flamer barrels. I also switched the Sgts powersword for a chainsword.

I still have another squad of these to do and I am planning on also swapping the Sgts head completely this time.

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#43 » Mar 14 2015 10:20

New addition to the 711th, Commissar Olga Kurganova

The model is from Raging Heroes and is not heroic scale so is quite a lot thinner than the standard Cadian.

abraxus
Shas

Post#44 » Mar 14 2015 05:58

I don't think her problem will be keeping the men in line, I think it will be getting them to focus and the enemy and not...

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#45 » Mar 16 2015 01:41

Great looking AM force you got going so far El'mo. The models look superb and your Lady Commissar would make a nice Fathead on my bedroom wall.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#46 » Aug 30 2015 08:12

The 711th have not been idle in their task to seek reinforcements over the last few months and here are the units which have been added:

Major Nerice
201st Artillery Regiment

Converted Baneblade commander

And as I have an artillery officer I needed some artillery :)

Medusa #810
201st Artillery Regiment

Medusa #811
201st Artillery Regiment

Medusa #812
201st Artillery Regiment

Also all 3 are magnetised for use as Basilisks

Hydra #710
201st Artillery Regiment

Also magnetised for use as a Wyvern

Hydra #711
201st Artillery Regiment

Hydra #712
201st Artillery Regiment

Manticore #720
201st Artillery Regiment

Light Artillery Tractor #281
201st Artillery Regiment

Hellhammer "Imperator"
975th Armoured Battalion
Unit designation 023
Hull no. 057152

Stormsword "Mortis"
975th Armoured Battalion
Unit designation 012
Hull no. 936192

Image[/url]

Ogryns
293rd Abhuman Company

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#47 » Sep 25 2015 03:36

The 711th required some spiritual backbone so, using the Empire flagellants kit and some assorted Imperial Guard bits:

Confessor Huldwyn is attached to the Company Command of the 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade and as such he is responsible for the spiritual well being of the senior officers tasked with destroying the enemies of The Emperor. He acts as a confessor, priest and advisor, and takes to the field of battle carrying a banner on which he has painstakingly written notable phrases from the Imperial Creed.

Ayatani Bron is an imhava ayatani - a roaming priest, attached to the 897th Infantry Company, 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade.

He is a soft spoken messenger of the Imperial Truth and, along with his age, this can lead new members of his ministry to believe that he is just a pulpit preacher. This impression, however, is soon dispelled when the 897th go into combat. Bron becomes a figure of stony belief in The Emperor. He has been known to stand in sight of the enemy, heretic or Xenos, with his Imperial standard held high and his bolt pistol blazing at the enemy whilst shouting verses of the Lectitio Divinitatus.

Father Dradus is attached to the 975th Armoured Battalion, 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade. As a junior priest he decided that men who talk heresy are doomed and in his own logic, the best way to stop this from happening was to prevent men from being able to spout heresy. One evening, other members of the Astra Ministorum thought they heard quiet sobbing and grunts of pain but dismissed it as a ritual flogging of a priest who had made a minor transgression. It was only in the morning, when Dradus attended service that they saw the cause of the disturbance during the night. Father Dradus had used industrial grade staples to permanently seal his lips shut. Some thought this would end his usefulness as a priest of the Astra Ministorum but Dradus was sent to the 975th Armoured Battalion where, due to the extreme noise levels caused by the Leman Russ main battle tanks, normal speech could not be heard. Through sign language, commonly used in the noisy environment, he exhorts his congregation into great feats of bravery.

Preacher Thur is attached to the 2051st Kasrkin, 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade. As Kasrkin are renowned as being true soldiers of The Imperium of Man and hold their faith in The God Emperor as unbreakable, Preacher Thur finds that his normal priestly duties are seldom required. What has earned Preacher Thur the respect of the Kasrkin is not his sermons or his devout belief, it is his two handed Eviscerator "Glory" and the courage he shows whilst charging the enemy which has impressed the even the stoic Kasrkin.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#48 » Sep 27 2015 04:42

Wow.... you have been busy. Really impressed by the cammo on the tanks - the whole force?..wow. :D

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#49 » Sep 28 2015 01:42

Tael wrote:Wow.... you have been busy. Really impressed by the cammo on the tanks - the whole force?..wow. :D

Yes, El'mo has, obviously, to much time on his hands! But he uses it very good!

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#50 » Nov 27 2016 06:21

I have been absent from this thread for a while but before I bring it up to date with a photo dump... here is my current project:

All last week has been taken up with slowly guardifying the 2 Taurox/Chimera counts as and I have come to a point where I am ready to start applying paint.

The base model is from Puppetswar

There was quite a bit of filling to do on the model itself then I had to work out how to add a chimera turret which ended up being just a case of glueing a 25mm base underneath to fit in a circular louvre recess on the top of the hull.

A recess was cut into the front of each hull to fit the HB/HF and other IG bits where slapped all over and relevant bits where magnetised as required...

At the moment I am going for a Chimera alternative but will be also able to be used as a Taurox with a different weapons fit.

Here is one of them base sprayed in Tamiya TS61 NATO green ready for desert paint and detailing.

And another little project I plan to work on at the same time... The start of the 711th Command Squad. This is one of the new marine bases so the doggy (Farmer Maggot hound LotR) is not as small as it looks ;)

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#51 » Nov 27 2016 01:24

Yup, that's what a Taurox should've looked like!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#52 » Nov 27 2016 04:42

I have always wondered how big that model was; it looks great - been eyeing it off as a Tau unit for Gue'Vesa alongside a scout car made by Brigade games I think.

Also, big fan of that particular hound - there is a complete lack of decent hounds in 28mm. I've seen poor sculpts to massively overscaled. Best are the Scooby by Hasslefree and that hound from LoTR.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#53 » Dec 04 2016 10:25

Gah... thats looking so good - man, really go to balance my purchases this December! haha.

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#54 » Dec 16 2016 04:19

Thanks Tael :)

After a week of not being able to upload any photos but still being able to paint I have managed to complete both these projects :)

This is my take on the Cadian Command HQ Squad from FW less the melta trooper who will be joining another squad and with the addition of a LotR dog (Farmer Maggot set)

https://www.forgewor...ommand-HQ-Squad

Based on the Puppetswar Taurus with the addition of a Chimera turret and some other GW bits.
Taurox/Chimera counts as Hull #401

This vehicle is armed with a Multi-laser and Heavy Flamer which are magnetised along with a fixed Stubber on the cupola.

Taurox/Chimera counts as Hull #402

This vehicle is armed with an Autocannon and Heavy Bolter which are magnetised along with a fixed Stubber on the cupola.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#55 » Dec 16 2016 10:02

Top stuff man, really has a sense of mass and durability compared to a Chimera.

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#56 » Jan 14 2017 09:48

Thanks Tael :)

Latest project is now complete - Special Weapons squad no. 110 with 3 meltas and hostile environment equipment and a lone melta gunner from the FW Cadian HQ squad.

Working on some DA Librarians at the moment ;)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#57 » Feb 07 2017 02:35

The packs wrok quite well on the classic Cadian. Serious props for the cammo work :D

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#58 » Mar 03 2017 11:13

:D

3 x Missile teams completed along with an extra 6 snapfit guardsmen as a start to the next infantry squad

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”