Kepora's Skaven (6/4: Some VERY special additions!)

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Kepora's Skaven (4/27: Warlord Rakkit-Ear PIP)

Post#11 » Apr 27 2014 09:28

So I've dedicated most of last night and a good portion of today to finally getting to putting down paint on Rakkit-Ear! Unfortunately, I came to a sobering realization after I sprayed Tallarn Flesh on him and some Clanrats and I began to dig through my paints, something I had forgotten:

I SUCK at painting flesh. :::(

It also didn't help that all the flesh-colored paints I own greatly vary in tone, and just don't work well together. Despite this, though, I tried to make it work...only to make a couple of slip-ups that'll be incredibly difficult to rectify, such as accidentally hitting his tail with my brush while painting the cloth. :'( I may invest in some new flesh-colored paints this upcoming month, though, so if you have any good suggestions, fire 'em at me! Either way, here's where he stands as-is:

The gold was based almost entirely off of Guitarasmus' method for painting gold trim, though as it currently stands I lack any Gryphone Sepia (or it's new equivalent) that hasn't dried up. After seeing it in practice, though, I'm seriously considering jsut painting the fuel tanks for Deathshrieker in the same manner! it looks like gold, but it still has depth and a rather 'battered' look; what do you guys think? And is the purple cloth working? Should I go for straight-up black for his fur, or maybe Stormvermin fur (which is a dark grey-ish, slightly brown neutral color)?

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Kepora's Skaven (6/4: Some VERY special additions!)

Post#12 » Jun 04 2014 03:41

So I've taken another major hit in my Wargaming budget recently.

Car troubles? Nope.

Medical bills? Thankfully not. (Thank you, Affordable Healthcare Act!)

[Insert whiny drama reason]? Not this time!

So what is the reason, you ask? Well...there's two reasons! Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to the newest additions to my family, Patch and Pudge! :biggrin:

Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre

Post#13 » Jun 04 2014 03:47

Orpheus Hangar wrote:Medical bills? Thankfully not. (Thank you, Affordable Healthcare Act!)

I'm glad somebody's rates went down, mine doubled...

Congrats on the new family members! I had a couple pet rats when I was very young.
I do need to ask you to try and resize the pictures (640x480 is the usual max) for ease of viewing

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#14 » Jun 04 2014 03:55

Da Skyman wrote:
Orpheus Hangar wrote:Medical bills? Thankfully not. (Thank you, Affordable Healthcare Act!)

I'm glad somebody's rates went down, mine doubled...

Congrats on the new family members! I had a couple pet rats when I was very young.
I do need to ask you to try and resize the pictures (640x480 is the usual max) for ease of viewing

Yeah, a handful of people's did, sadly - maybe it's time to start shopping around for some alternatives? There's a lot of company owners stuck in their ways and not wanting to budge (when my sister worked at the theater, the district manager said no to their raise "because of Obamacare", but yet they had the funding to hire three more people they didn't need. Funny how that works, huh? :( ).

Anyways, thank you! I'm wishing I had had a chance earlier in my life; they're still getting used to me but I've adored them every moment! :) And I'll hack away at the pics again soon, I already had to trim them down once to post them on Papanurgle.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”