New Enemy Combos?

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
AngryAlbatross
Shas

New Enemy Combos?

Post#1 » May 14 2014 03:26

So I was thinking today what I could do with my 1850pts of converted Grey Knights I have sitting in the basement crying because they are not very good compared to my Tau (convert them back to Space Marines maybe?). Then I remembered that according to 7th edition rumors the new psychic phase will be after the movement phase but before shooting. This will allow my Librarian to deep strike with Mordrak and use The Summoning on the first turn (since before psychic powers had to be used at the start of the movement phase and deep strikers counted as moving thus not allowing you to use psychic powers). So pending a faq or other rule change, I could deep strike next to the enemy then summon 10 Terminators or Paladins right in their face supported by 3 maxed interceptor squads.

If I faced that as Tau I would really be scared and was just wondering if anyone else has thought up some new combos you could pull due to psychic powers having their own phase? I am sure there are plenty I don't know about that must be used at the beginning of the movement phase or some such rule that this new psychic phase would allow.

boomwolf
Shas'La

Re: New Enemy Combos?

Post#2 » May 14 2014 04:40

I think its a bit early to think combos, considering we don't REALLY know the 7th rules yet.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#3 » May 14 2014 05:06

Rumors about the 7th "unbound" thing makes the weirdest "combos" possibles to imagine :

- Full Mawlocs armies (around 12 at 1500)
- 400+ Gaunt or Inquisition Acolytes @ 1500 (too much you can handle !)
- All flyers (Turkeys , Doomscytes, ...)
- Full Dreadknights/Wraithknights/Wraithlords/Riptides/...
- 40 piranhas (and so 80 drones)
- BS4 Inquisitors with each an ADL quadgun/icarus (around 10 in 1500 games)

Most of them are retarded ways to blast a good game, outside of some scenario driven missions...

As for psychic, now GK may fight against more Daemons with the rumored Daemonlogy discipline... Remove the dust !

As boomwolf said, wait before the release to try "combos" ... A simple wording change can trash your plans easily.

Jochmann
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » May 14 2014 05:17

A glimpse into some pictures revealed, that the opponents permission is required to play unbound armies - so no worry, it's just the "official" permission to break the rules for fungames, as it seems.

AngryAlbatross
Shas

Post#5 » May 15 2014 08:47

Jochmann wrote:A glimpse into some pictures revealed, that the opponents permission is required to play unbound armies - so no worry, it's just the "official" permission to break the rules for fungames, as it seems.

That would be really nice if true. (fingers crossed)

Morollan
Shas

Post#6 » May 15 2014 08:56

An entire army of Lone Wolves has been touted around as the height of Unbound awesomesauce but personally I'd just run away from the all game and pick up the VPs for them not being dead.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#7 » May 15 2014 12:11

Morollan wrote:An entire army of Lone Wolves has been touted around as the height of Unbound awesomesauce but personally I'd just run away from the all game and pick up the VPs for them not being dead.

Or tie them in CC with units they can't kill easily and sit on the objectives.

boomwolf
Shas'La

Post#8 » May 15 2014 12:55

The main thing that crosses MY mind, is that 1k sons might actually turn playable now, given how each sorcerer will get both a power roll, and the prime for having all powers from T's list-giving a fair chance to get a decent anti-tank/anti-teq or just the "boonifier", who will be less wasted now (just spam it all day long, not like it costs you now)

litanyoffail
Shas

Post#9 » May 15 2014 02:51

boomwolf wrote:The main thing that crosses MY mind, is that 1k sons might actually turn playable now, given how each sorcerer will get both a power roll, and the prime for having all powers from T's list-giving a fair chance to get a decent anti-tank/anti-teq or just the "boonifier", who will be less wasted now (just spam it all day long, not like it costs you now)

I can dust off Ahriman and have scoring 4++ troops with AP3 bolters with lots more psyker interaction? I think they might just be resurrecting my first army.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”