Infinity Painting/Project Log- Bringing home hardware.

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Null
Fio

Re: Infinity Painting/Project Log (Myrmidons)

Post#11 » May 31 2014 09:25

Hey Shadow Strike

I'm out of town on business next week so I may not have many updates for a while.
No.
No ... That will not do ... Please quit your job so that you can keep providing us with regular updates without interruption from this ... what did you call it ... Work??? :P
(Joking; I repeat that is a joke. Please don't quit your job. We don't want your wife mad at us!!!)

What is your plan as to the hair on the female model? Are you planning on doing any highlighting from this point or leave it as is? My reason for asking is I personally am trying to improve my painting skills and hair/fur has always given me trouble.

As usual, looking nice!

- null

Shadow Strike
Shas'La

Post#12 » Jun 01 2014 11:29

My wife would love it if I could stop traveling, but it's a part of the job requirement. I've actually tried painting on the road but it's tough to pack stuff up, protect models, and hotels universally have poor light... But it let's me catch up on Black Library reading. (If anyone has some tips for painting nubile traveling PLEASE let me know)

As for the hair, I'm going for purple... maybe electric blue? Right now all it has on it is a two tone prime and some wash. I'll leave it for the end since I'm still deciding, but I'll take lots of pictures when I get to it!

Shadow Strike
Shas'La

Post#13 » Jun 11 2014 10:55

This one's for you Null...
I thinned a bit of Druchii Violet waaaay down to the about the consistency of a wash and began applying thin layers. After about 9-10 layers this was the result:

It didn’t take as long as you might think since paint this thin dries quickly. The highlights are still a bit weak for my taste so I’m going to go back and add some lines of Druchii Violet mixed with Ubshanti Bone. I like using the bone to lighten colors up since it helps give them a bit of warmth versus using pure white.

I also FINALLY managed to paint the first face I’m not completely embarrassed of!

I started with a mix of Calthan Brown and Kislev Flesh and applied in layers until I got a mostly even coat. I then add a couple of layers of Kislev Flesh with less Calthan in it until finally I was just using thin layers of Kislev on the high points like the chin, nose, and cheekbones. Then I mixed a bit of red and bone color till I got a very light pink and gave her lips a bit of color. (A lady never goes into combat without her face on)

Null
Fio

Post#14 » Jun 13 2014 04:34

Very nice Shadow Strike

Shadow Strike wrote:This one's for you Null...
That sounds like something a rock-star would say when dedicating a song to a fan ... wait ... does that make a Shadow Strike groupie? :P :P :P Ha ha ha, all kidding aside thanks for the walk through. Thats a helpful tip on using the bone color instead of white to lighten your main color for highlights, thanks :smile:

Nice job on the model as a whole, you did her justice IMHO. Can't wait to see what you've got going on next!

-null

Shadow Strike
Shas'La

Post#15 » Jun 15 2014 02:32

Finished the Myrmidons! So I guess it's picture dump time? Any way I love these models and they were a joy to paint. The female hacker isn't my favorite profile in the game, but far and away been my favorite model to paint from the start set. Ok, enough from me...

Next up will probably be Eurdoros or Diomedes since those are printed and ready to paint.

Null
Fio

Re: Infinity Painting/Project Log (Finished Myrmidons)

Post#16 » Jun 17 2014 07:20

Oooh! Diomedes! Diomedes! Yay!

Hello shadow strike

What is the trick for the flat black undersuits; is it just patience and highlighting?... Or magic :crafty:

Thanks, and keep up the beautiful work

- null

Agent00abe
Shas'Ui

Post#17 » Jun 18 2014 05:27

I see a distinct lack of Yu-Jing :sad:

Great painting though. Wish I had the patience to do my Infinity models as good as yours. :)
Does this Railgun make me look fat?

Shadow Strike
Shas'La

Post#18 » Jun 21 2014 12:26

Little elves. I leave the mini out with a bit of paint and few cookies and viola!

Actually I use P3 black thinned way down. It takes about 6 or 7 layers to get it even. I do a bit of highlighting with a mixture of grey and black. There is so much detail in these minis that I'm afraid to put it on any thicker.

Don't worry Agent00abe, Aleph stands ready to take care of everyone in the human sphere... Including the Yu-Jing.

;)

Quick proof that I am still working:

Shadow Strike
Shas'La

Re: Infinity Painting/Project Log (Diomedes)

Post#19 » Jun 28 2014 08:23

Wow has it been a week already?

Been painting Diomedes and he's getting close to done. Here are a couple of WIPS as proof:

So the armor is done the hands are done, and I'm finishing up the glow effects on his suit. The only thing that is giving me fits is the stupid upper wing. I keep trying to highlight the little square pieces in it but they never come out how I want so I hit it with a couple of coats of black wash and try again, I"m about ready to try dry brushing it on but I'm afraid its too light of a color on too dark of a back ground... Any way the back and the glow effects are coming out nicely and I think will help make this model special when it's done.

Shadow Strike
Shas'La

Re: Infinity Painting/Project Log (Diomedes)

Post#20 » Jul 17 2014 10:43

Vacations and some health issues kept me from painting these past few week. However! I did finish Diomedes! I'm not totally in love with his face and hair, but I'm ready to move on and have hopes on finishing my army before Feast in October!

So without further ado...

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”