Shapeways BFG

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
catland88
Shas

Shapeways BFG

Post#1 » Jul 21 2014 09:24

Hey guys! So I got into BFG... after it died.
Silly me.
I've spent about a month's salary on old BFG models and a nice pair of vernier calipers, and have started translating them into 3d printable form. Can I see if anyone's interested? I'll put up the shapeways links.
Pics forthcoming whenever I get the models and paint them up.
Here's a terrible Cobra pic. Center and left are the 3d prints.
I've got a Sword, along with Starhawks, Starfuries, Thunderhawks and Shark Assault Boats done too.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Re: Shapeways BFG

Post#2 » Jul 21 2014 10:38

I was thinking of this too (for the new Tau fleet from the IA3) since ebay models costs a liver...
I have too many things to doo at this time, so maybe I will do my models later...

I really don't know why GW and FW dropped these range.
It's not like these mini cannot sell nor take shelf place compared to Dreadfleet boxes.

foto69man
Shas

Post#3 » Jul 22 2014 12:51

I looked at those, specifically the tau-ish ones. Buddy of mine is pretty lienent about proxying but even he couldn't stomach them. Only the Demiurg one looked close enough to call it good.

Oh well......such is the life of a BFG player, even more so a Tau one. Large pool of us fighting for the same Custodian Battleship everytime it pops up on eBay :sad:
Check out Heralds of Ruin Kill Team!

Website

FB Group

I'mriel
Shas

Post#4 » Jul 22 2014 01:52

There are actually some really nice Shapeway FW tau inspired ships. For example this beautiful Custodian design is the best I have seen.

I spoke with the shop designer and he told me it would be added to his store very soon which already includes Wardens, Castellens and Protectors.

Please take care to post within the Image Posting Guidelines in future. (I have already re-sized this one).
~Tier.
~Prepare to Drop

foto69man
Shas

Post#5 » Jul 22 2014 02:03

I'mriel wrote:There are actually some really nice Shapeway FW tau inspired ships. For example this beautiful Custodian design is the best I have seen.

I spoke with the shop designer and he told me it would be added to his store very soon which already includes Wardens, Castellens and Protectors.

Dear god I have not seen that one before :eek: :eek: :eek: ..........pm me the link?

Website

FB Group

I'mriel
Shas

Post#6 » Jul 22 2014 03:32

here is his version of the Castellan:

Warden:

And Protector:

Edit: Pm sent.
~Prepare to Drop

catland88
Shas

Post#7 » Jul 22 2014 05:01

That guy's awesome. Thinking of getting a fleet from him already.
The BFG collectors I've spoken to like my ships quite a lot actually. They're measured precisely from the originals after all, and the swords even look better cast than the originals.

foto69man
Shas

Post#8 » Jul 22 2014 02:16

They don't ship/bill to APO addresses......sigh. Email sent, hopefully I get something back

Website

FB Group

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”