D&D Figures - Fighter Mage added!

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Orpheus Hangar
Shas

D&D Figures - Fighter Mage added!

Post#1 » Sep 05 2014 04:16

With 5th Edition of D&D right around the corner, my local group has been getting rather excited. In this excitement, I went seeking not-goofy-looking Gnoll figures and found the old Ral Partha ones. The seller on Ebay was offering free shipping for large enough orders, so...they didn't come alone! Not much else to say, so - to start things off - an old 1991 Ral Partha Female Paladin!

Overall I'm happy; I need to get some fresh black paint, though. All my current jars are either dried out completely or WAY too watery. :( Once I get more, the base trim and her hair will be tidied up. Even with the poor condition most of my paints are in, though, I think she came out nicely! I hope to take better pics soon to show off the nice dried mud/cracked earth effect on her base.
Last edited by Orpheus Hangar on Sep 06 2014 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Kep's D&D Figures

Post#2 » Sep 05 2014 03:04

And here she is after a matte sealer! need to touch up the blood a bit more and try to get some black paint...

The base looks a hell of a lot better in these shots, though!

Null
Fio

Post#3 » Sep 05 2014 03:22

Wow ... a never thought I see the day when something from 1991 was considered old ...
Now I feel old ... *sigh*

Anyway, sweet find Orpheus! The new pic's certainly look better. How did you get the cracked earth effect on the base?

Looking forward to seeing some more old D&D figures

- null

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#4 » Sep 05 2014 08:05

I know, right? Star Fox turned 20 last year, so that made ME feel old, too! :P And the base was done with Agrellan Earth, that technical 'paint' that GW put out. Definitely going to be experimenting with it more!

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: D&D Figures - Fighter Mage added!

Post#5 » Sep 06 2014 02:01

Another night, and another figure - and nothing furry just yet; it's a new personal record! :P This fella's the oldest of the lot, a 1982 Ral Partha Human Fighter Mage! he only change I made to the model itself was replacing the old, about-to-snap and not-so-well-sculpted sword blade with a carved-down Skaven Clanrat blade. I also broke out the Scaly Green for this guy - a paint that Games Workshop hasn't produced for many years now! I felt that,a s the veteran, he deserved some special treatment. :)

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Re: D&D Figures - Fighter Mage added!

Post#6 » Sep 06 2014 08:00

Nice work Orpheus, Too bad that Female Paladin wasn't around to help Sturm Brightblade make his final stand!

I know, I crossed-over realms there, but seeing Ral Partha has rebooted my TSR memory bank.

Scaly Green: Yep, I've got a pot of that in a stasis vault waiting for that special figure to come along. :)

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”