Vash's Astra Militarum/Militarum Tempestus paint log

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Vash
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Vash's Astra Militarum/Militarum Tempestus paint log

Post#1 » Oct 11 2014 05:47

Hello,

Been off for some while now. Mostly because I completed my Farsight Enclave army (well the main part, now additions are waiting for some love). Been playing a couple of games, and even started painting some other armies.
But I have been lurking.

Anyhow, my new project now is my Astra Militarum army. Heavily supported by Militarum Tempestus.
I was really happy with my paint scheme for my Tau models, and thus I incorporated onto my Guards too. I am planing a city fight gaming table in the future, so the blue/grey armour will suit well for that environment.

First out are two small units. The first one isn't complete. It is missing three members. The reason why they are not painted is because I paint five models at a time (speed painting technique).
The other unit is a small deep striking Tempestus unit with meltaguns. Basically they are suicide guys. But I gave them some medals/purity seals and skulls painted onto their helmets to make them feel special.

Well, I am not much of painting to a super high standard. I am a gamer before painter. BUT, I do have a requirement that everything should be painted (unless I am trying something out). Thus, I speed paint, and try to get them into a slightly above table top standard.

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Vash's Astra Militarum/Militarum Tempestus paint log

Post#2 » Oct 12 2014 03:06

Ooh, nice! I like the skull faced ones. I take it the top ones use regular Cadian torsos?

Vash
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Oct 12 2014 04:13

R.D. wrote:Ooh, nice! I like the skull faced ones. I take it the top ones use regular Cadian torsos?

Thanks.
All of them are actually using Cadian torsos. I am no big fan of medieval armour in the future :)
So to make these I need to spend some extra cash, but I don't mind. I am getting the result I want.

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Oct 12 2014 05:37

Nice use of Cadian torsos on the Scions kit! I may try this on future ones as it suits my guys better than the baroque look they went for. Gives more of a functional Storm Trooper look than the over-elaborate look they have now.

Nevar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#5 » Oct 13 2014 04:14

Wow, I really like those cadian torsos so much better than the ones that come standard.

I never considered using them, and those breastplates were literally the only thing keeping me from ever buying the tempestus squads.

Awesome work!

Vash
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Oct 13 2014 04:34

Thanks.
Well I was like you too Nevar. I really wanted ot buy the Tempestus Scions, but I couldn't bare my self to use them with that medieval breastplate. It suits some armies, such as Vostroyans, and perhaps Death Korps of Krieg, but not for the type of army I want to field and usually face.
So something had to be done :D

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#7 » Oct 13 2014 07:13

Hm, when experimenting with Scion models I just covered up most of the breastplate with pouches, grenades, etc.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”