Just a Question about WGF Ashigaru Yari

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Paintee
Shas

Just a Question about WGF Ashigaru Yari

Post#1 » Nov 09 2014 11:02

Hello there ATT, you might know me from my snow cadre, or from my few posts, but probably not. I have just bought some Ashigaru Yari from Wargames Factory, and have immediately been struck by a large problem; it seems that I need to drill holes into the back of the bodies so that I can add the back banners. Now, my question is; what way would you recommend drilling these holes? With a drill bit, or with some other way? Please answer quick.

-Paintee, out!
What is this "Me-lee" you speak of?

El'mo
Shas'El

Re: Just a Question about WGF Ashigaru Yari

Post#2 » Nov 09 2014 11:08

A couple of photos of the models or a link would help as I have no idea of what they look like, how they are constructed or locations for the holes.

It is hard to offer advice without this info :-(

Deepstrike
Shas

Post#3 » Nov 09 2014 12:33

Paintee wrote:Hello there ATT, you might know me from my snow cadre, or from my few posts, but probably not. I have just bought some Ashigaru Yari from Wargames Factory, and have immediately been struck by a large problem; it seems that I need to drill holes into the back of the bodies so that I can add the back banners. Now, my question is; what way would you recommend drilling these holes? With a drill bit, or with some other way? Please answer quick.

-Paintee, out!

As was mentioned, without seeing the models, hard to help. That being said, off the top of my head, use a pin vise with a small drill bit... Very small drill bit!

The important thing though is the pin vise itself, do you have one?

Paintee
Shas

Post#4 » Nov 09 2014 01:32

I just fixed the problem, I used a fat needle, heated over a hob and then gently pressed to make the holes. It needs a lots of attention later on, to clear the edges, and make the surface flat again. It is a bit of a faff, but it works. I did not have a small enough drill bit for the job, and neither do I have a pin vice. Thanks for all my replies, but since I found a solution, could an admin please shut down this topic? Thanks.

Paintee, -Out!
What is this "Me-lee" you speak of?

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#5 » Nov 09 2014 03:30

No problem... locked!

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”