WH40K Fire Warrior for pc

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
armchairgeneral
Shas

WH40K Fire Warrior for pc

Post#1 » May 07 2015 01:32

Hey all I was wondering if anyone know where to aquire a copy of WH40k Fire warrior for PC without paying something stupid for it on Amazon the game came out on 03 and they still want 40 pounds for it yeah thats how you sell units GW anyway, any help would be great!

edit-removed "" still looking for a legal copy just and affordable one.
Last edited by armchairgeneral on May 10 2015 02:23, edited 1 time in total.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Re: WH40K Fire Warrior for pc

Post#2 » May 07 2015 03:10

I don't know where you look, but on amazon.com and ebay you can found it easily under $10 with shipping (mostly for second hand games, but even some new can be found)

Game is pretty short, and old looking, but some of its features are nice (infantry carried burst cannon !)

Angus Khan
Por'La

Post#3 » May 07 2015 04:41

I bought my copy "used" on Amazon.com for ~$5. Bear in mind, though... I think I paid too much for it. It is a really, really terrible game. (The book is much better, per usual)

Ko'Vash
Shas'La

Post#4 » May 08 2015 01:35

Remember Lasguns being more powerful than Pulse Carbines? Ah, good times. Nevermind the rather simplistic gameplay and storyline...

boomwolf
Shas'La

Post#5 » May 08 2015 05:10

Honestly? I'd recommend to avoid it and save your money.

From terrible fluff idiocracy of afire warrior killing marines with his bonding knife (that thing isn't even a weapon, khorne possession or not, no way to penetrates power armor!)

To gaming logic of guns arbiterally changing power levels (burst cannon for example is the weakest gun in the game some levels, and the strongest in others)

Its a poorly made game, in every aspect of it.

ArttesThePerishable
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » May 08 2015 06:38

I still play it fairly often actually. I enjoy it though I will agree it is a terrible game. But I think that's part of what makes it enjoyable to me. So no judgement from me if you want it haha. Plus you get to feel like such an awesome lone Firewarrior taking on space marines by yourself! :P

I'm actually stuck on the level where you enter the warp... the chaos space marines all have some sort of rocket launchers that make it near impossible to hide from them, and the rail rifle takes 2 head shots to kill them -_- . And ammo is way too limited lol.

And amazon and ebay are pretty much the only suggestion I can make for your problem as well. :?
Blood for the Blood God? No! Fire for my FireBlade!

Angus Khan
Por'La

Post#7 » May 08 2015 01:48

I certainly think every tau fan should play at least some of it...just because its a game about being a firewarrior. Yes, its a terrible game with terrible mechanics. Yes, in some places the fluff is clearly wrong. BUT it is probably the only game GW will ever make with the tau as a playable race, so I say go enjoy it for as long as you can. I've never actually beaten the thing, but I'm glad I played the first few levels. :D

boomwolf
Shas'La

Post#8 » May 09 2015 05:30

Actually tau are playable in Dawn Of War. I think the Dark Crusade expansion.

Angus Khan
Por'La

Post#9 » May 09 2015 05:50

boomwolf wrote:Actually tau are playable in Dawn Of War. I think the Dark Crusade expansion.

Really? I thought that was a mod... Now I definitely need to go play that game...

Critacal
Shas

Post#10 » May 09 2015 06:28

Yes you can play Tau in the dawn of war series dark crusade and soulstorm.

Ah Firewarrior the game that gave birth to the legendary Firewarrior of Khorne.

armchairgeneral
Shas

Post#11 » May 10 2015 02:21

yeah I havn't played since I borrowed it from a video store for the PS2 and from memory it was fun as hell! if it's isn't available on a service like steam or another service provider I can download to my pc I might just have to give it a miss since by the time it'll arrive from amazon my crippling hit of nostalgia will most likely be over.

thanks for the feed back crew.

maceria
Shas

Post#12 » Feb 01 2016 05:40

Critacal wrote:Ah Firewarrior the game that gave birth to the legendary Firewarrior of Khorne.

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL DRONE!

1st Tau Airborne
Kor'La

Post#13 » Apr 22 2016 11:53

Sorry I know this is tad old but I have something that may be considered valid.

I cant seem to find it immediately but I remember seeing a mod for the game Arma 2 that gave you the ability to play a handful of GW races. Obviously renamed and altered enough to avoid legal issues. The Tau on there had a really interesting look and feel. Not sure if it's still around but it might suit to give those of us video gamers our Tau fix! Good hunting

-1st Tau

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”