Hive Fleet Golgotha (Tyranid stuff)

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Hive Fleet Golgotha (Tyranid stuff)

Post#1 » Dec 07 2015 12:30

Just a pic of some my Nid models at a store, I've been refining my style for them, going for a 'flesh that's gone off' look, something that's nicely visceral and organic than some of the more plasticky patterns official painters sometimes go for. Might post more pics, might not, but for now, here is a glimpse--any commentary would be much appreciated!

Last edited by R.D. on Apr 07 2016 05:47, edited 1 time in total.

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Hive Fleet Golgotha (Tyranid stuff)

Post#2 » Apr 07 2016 05:40

Alright, detailed pics. Lots of influence from Alien and The Thing obviously. We'll start with this warrior. See if you can guess what specifically this is referencing. :)

Rest of the warriors. Like doing fancy poses.

Overkill Broodlord.

Tyrant/Carnifex guy.

More Overkill stuff. The Magus was originally meant to be converted with more of a corporate executive look for his 'secret identity, as it were', but then I realized he looked more like Slendermen. I decided that was fine with me. :) We have a chestbursting little genestealer on the left, and a baby one feasting on the right. The aborrent I did as if those arms are bursting out like in The Thing.

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Apr 07 2016 10:28

Nice scheme, reminds me Marvel's Onslaught

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Apr 11 2016 09:44

Thanks. Idea was to make it look like rotting flesh or with the skin flayed off. :)

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”