Space Marine Repulsor Tank

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Space Marine Repulsor Tank

Post#1 » Jun 13 2017 10:31

I can't help myself but the moment I saw that new tank I can't unsee the similarities to T'au vehicles.

Since Roboute, the reformer, is back it seems the Imperium is not stopping with further Cawl ex machinas.

We know how close Ultramar ist to the T'au Empire and of course they were able to gather some tehcnology from the battlefields.
But before Roboute it was some kind of heresy to use "inferior" alien technology. Now he is there and Cawl is pulling one ace after another out of his many sleeves.

Now back to the Repulsor. The positioning of the weapons, the placement of the thrusters and hatches...

Am I just paranoid or are we losing our technology and unique selling points to the Astartes?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Space Marine Repulsor Tank

Post#2 » Jun 13 2017 10:38

We already got more informations about it even.
It's not really anti-grav. It uses a fake anti-grav technology that "pushes" against the ground. An Iron Warrior that wanted to place a melta bomb beneath it got flattened by it in the Dark Imperium novel. :D

I don't think it looks too similar to our stuff. It looks like a combination of a Land Speeder and a Predator but made more bulky. Fits the more burtal looking Space Marine designs and the lower technological level of the IoM.

So yes you are being paranoid here. :P

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Jun 13 2017 02:51

Panzer wrote:An Iron Warrior that wanted to place a melta bomb beneath it got flattened by it in the Dark Imperium novel. :D

lol

Okay, didn't know that

I do still think we lost our identity and best stuff to every other army...rulewise in 8th...

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jun 13 2017 02:59

If you think our whole identity is hover tanks and JSJ shenanigans then we never had a real identity anyway.
I think T'au as army are still very different compared with other armies.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”