Second army building- ultramarines 2k points

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Second army building- ultramarines 2k points

Post#1 » Feb 13 2018 07:25

Greetings from your friendly neighborhood power gamer. :nice: . I started Warhammer with tau, which was probably good for me. I'm expanding into Space Marines. I am slowly acquiring units for a 2000 Point list. Most of this is in my possession or is shipped. Since I have about 7,000 points of tau right now, I want to have the second army be different from a play style I currently have. So I'm focusing on melee and psykers.

7 two man squads of company veterans 32x7 pts
Nonreserve deployment drops, works like tau drones

1 ten terminators w t-hammers and shield 470 pts
Durable beatstick on paper (3+ Invulnerable)

1 five termies w/ hammer n shields 235 pts
Durable beat stick on paper (3+ invulnerable)

3 librarian w JP(smite,might,pyschic scorge)120x3pts
Functional tau commander for deepstrike damage

1 lib. w term-armor w. malcador ( see above,+ veil) 143
Increases terminator deepstrike ability

1 lieutenant w/jp, Mc boltgun, fist, relic:indomitus 93
Bubble wrap eating bait or terminator buff

1 chaplain w/ jp and bolt gun 90
Bubble wrap eating bait or terminator buff

1 Roboute Guilliman 385
because he seems "cool"

The idea is deep strike into melee. G-man is plan b. I find the mathhammer of a 10man terminator squad with 4 might of heroes to be overwhelmingly Warhammeringly ridiculous (up to 61 attacks hitting on 4's at 16 s, 3 ap ,3 damage ea). Then there is guilliman, Chaplin, and lieutenant giving rerolls to my melee attacks. The codex has a lot of cool stratagems that will hold me over until Tau's comesout. One stratagem even lets infantry get a second fight. Seems like fun to me ^_^.

It's a good pit stop for me and it will give my friends who don't play Warhammer a choice between melee or shooty (my tau) when they come over. This list is heavily influenced from my tau playstyle: powerful reserve drops and hard to kill models. I'm still a major tau player but this is a fun distraction project. :D

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Second army building- ultramarines 2k points

Post#2 » Feb 14 2018 07:04

This is kinda funny, cos my second army is going to be Black Templars :D

And if Sisters get plastic models, they're going to be allies for my Templars because fluff-wise, they're the main ones Templars ally with.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Re: Second army building- ultramarines 2k points

Post#3 » Feb 14 2018 11:56

I was thinking of going black Templars at 1000 points, carrying the terminator models. They have a reroll failed charges which bring them from ~27℅ successful teleport charge to about ~47-49℅ successful charge coming from reserves. I decided it's best for me to go full ultra marines over the black Templar split so I can have librarians and their buffs. If black Templars had librarians I would take them in a heart beat. I too want sisters of battle, but only for Celestine. I'll probably have a patrol dettachment with her

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”