[Alternate Systems] Warmachine & Hordes

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
gojira
Shas

Re: [Alternate Systems] Warmachine

Post#181 » Oct 22 2009 01:10

Busy day for warmachine it seems. The site got updated again today with the new Caine model.

And a few articles about their upcoming releases to mark 2 have had this as the new cover for the book coming out in January.

Looking forward to plastic jacks in the new year.
So these 'Space Marines' are racist bullies ?!?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#182 » Oct 25 2009 05:13

Nice cover graphic, though I would have been tempted to put heavy romanised bars ][ behind the title graphic and lower helmet element, in the same rusted metal finish. It would have looked very dynamic, blended in and "at a glance" easy to note it is the 'Second Edition'.

The 'PRIME MKII' subtitle just comes off badly and the whole centred layout loses it's composition.

Anyhow, layouts aside, looking forward to the new models myself and the possibility they'll soon be big enough for one to ride on as you play the game. :P

- Tael.

Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O

Post#183 » Oct 25 2009 06:58

Someone remind me why I'm still playing 40K and not Warmachine.

The new Caine model is badass (he's totally based on Bruce Campbell, he has to be), and the artwork... wow. Check out the full wallpaper of the image here.

jentral
Shas

Post#184 » Oct 26 2009 09:49

I just can't wait to see what the new cards will look like. Since they removed them for sale knowing them they're reworking the images also. >_> wonder if they'll ever sell them as one big brick to cover all current armies materials. :P
Fear the beasts in your head not the jungle. - Catachan

gojira
Shas

Post#185 » Oct 28 2009 09:15

Yeah the full decks for each faction (90 cards approx) are coming out in janurary.

P.S. More plastic jack variants were put up on their site for cryx and menoth and also a merc jack.
Hoping to see the khador variants soon, as i bet the destroyer and marauder will look fantastic on the new chassis.

jentral
Shas

Post#186 » Oct 30 2009 09:35

Tbh I'm mainly happy as plastic multipart kits means finally having some bits of the jacks without scrapping $17+ just for bits. First thing on the agenda is a Crisis Battlesuit with Power Fists. >_< Better yet some of the guns on them. :crafty: Here's hoping they have the singles of the cards up fast also. I've got several multiples and I'll need them if I sucker a buddy into this game.

Panhead
Shas

Post#187 » Oct 31 2009 12:57

An Xv8-XV9 conversion with the new Cygnar Chaingun arms would be interesting :P

Need to finish my Khador before I can get some blues..... It's hard to resist..
It's the imperfections that make something unique

jentral
Shas

Post#188 » Nov 01 2009 08:54

Meh just wait and see if they make new army boxes featuring the plastic jacks. Although the way I see it is most likely shops and websites are going to reduce the prices of the metal jacks to push them out before ordering the plastic kits. :evil:

Game's cheap enough anyways so at least unlike 40k they update their armies with each book also.

T'olku Ma'tyr
Por

Post#189 » Nov 24 2009 03:53

Hey guys, been spending a lot of time ogling the Retribution minis of late.
How could I not?

They capture a look and feel very akin to the Final Fantasy series. Kara Sloan in particular, with her anime hairstyle and somewhat "overdetailed" clothing. You know what I mean. I'll definitely be organising a Scyrah army next. With a Cygnar one soon to follow. Privateer Press is like a breath of fresh air in the face of the ironically Imperium-esque GW empire.
Wolfie wrote:... is it just a natural talent?

jentral
Shas

Post#190 » Dec 14 2009 09:11

Ok the site's been updated a lot since the last post but they're disappointing me with making a Forces book for each army now so fast. :::( Don't get me wrong it's epic win because they're adding new modles to the mix all the time and you don't really have the pay the $35 since the models rules are on the included cards anyways but they're quality in miniatures is getting up there to the point where it disturbs me a little looking at the new Pirate Queen Skarre mini.

Btw anyone know if the new plastic jacks are out yet??? I asked my local hobby schmuck to order a new Defender kit and no word. Privateer's site didn't have them priced either. :eek:

gojira
Shas

Post#191 » Dec 15 2009 07:51

jentral wrote:Ok the site's been updated a lot since the last post but they're disappointing me with making a Forces book for each army now so fast. :::( Don't get me wrong it's epic win because they're adding new modles to the mix all the time and you don't really have the pay the $35 since the models rules are on the included cards anyways but they're quality in miniatures is getting up there to the point where it disturbs me a little looking at the new Pirate Queen Skarre mini.

Btw anyone know if the new plastic jacks are out yet??? I asked my local hobby schmuck to order a new Defender kit and no word. Privateer's site didn't have them priced either. :eek:

As regards to the new books coming out 'fast', its been 7 years or so since the launch of the mark 1 rules, and the mark 2 books are getting a staggered launch, not all at once. So I'm not sure what you mean by so fast or what this is in relation to.

The plastic jacks will be coming out next year. PP always put up upcoming models on their site's front page several months in advance. Most people are used to the GW way of doing things, which is to remain tight lipped until a month beforehand. The plastic jacks are set to come out over possibly February, or even January. This will be a busy pair of months for them indeed.

its worth pointing out too that PP are sending retailers new cards to put into the blisters and boxes when the mark 2 book launches next year. Free too.

Lord Mayhem
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#192 » Dec 15 2009 01:58

giving some serious thought to the Retribution. Is it just me, or would a lot of their stuff work well as eldar?

gojira
Shas

Post#193 » Dec 15 2009 08:36

Well, if you described Eldar as elves in smooth, concaved, shiny armour. You would be correct. That exact sentence can be applied wholesale to Retribution. Personally, It looks dated to me. I'm sick of elves being done the same way, to death. Even Mantic's elves are hackneyed. I understand Elves were conceived long before any wargame, but these games wouldn't claim to be ripping off said lore. So why not actually try something new instead of trying to add to it.

Now, I'm going to be a little mean, but, I'm really sick of seeing stale elf design. I wish they would apply their infamous Warmachine motto to a few more areas :P

gojira
Shas

Post#194 » Dec 21 2009 02:55

Im very excited, as I'M a pure Butcher player, never used any other warcaster. I think the new sculpt captures his anger much better than the others.

Also, it seems Maelstrom recently put started preorders and have release dates for the new stuff. The Mark 2 book and the plastic jacks will be 27th January, as well as the new warcaster sculpts like this one and Irusk.

foto69man
Shas

Post#195 » Dec 24 2009 03:31

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY...!

Excitment time... :eek: :P :eek: :P :eek:
Check out Heralds of Ruin Kill Team!

Website

FB Group

Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O

Post#196 » Dec 24 2009 04:07

In other news, I picked up two more of the old rulebooks as Christmas gifts to myself - I'm a fluff/artwork nut, and man if these books aren't the best for that. All I'm missing now is Apotheosis!

jentral
Shas

Post#197 » Mar 05 2010 09:08

Ok out of curiousity but does anyone else see where it's starting to look a little grim for Privateer Press's miniature games Warmachine and Hordes? Hordes hasn't gotten any new minis in ages and Warmachine well is going strong still in some areas but still pushing back their multi part plastic kits and in the while technically pushing back several new Warjacks this way.

Don't get me wrong I still like their games ( currently been stuck learning Monsterpocalypse to demo at a local shop) but the lack of solid support for these two and also pumping out Faction Books to get them more sales seems like ripping GW as well as making us pay more.

So what's everyone elses opinions?

Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O

Post#198 » Mar 05 2010 01:06

I've not done anything with Warmachine recently, but I was under the impression that things were on the up-and-up for Privateer Press. For the first, they've just released a new rules set and are progressively updating each faction (with new models to boot!) - not to mention, introduced a fifth faction last year - and are working on MKII rules for the second. I don't get where this "lack of solid support" is coming from.

The faction rulebooks are a page from GW's playbook, but there was really no other way to update all four factions simultaneously. They'll return to the all-encompassing expansion releases in the future.

So no, I don't get that at all.

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”