[Alternate Systems] Warmachine & Hordes

A Forum to discuss models of the Tau's Enemies, including Alternate Wargame Systems.
gojira
Shas

Re: [Alternate Systems] Warmachine

Post#201 » Mar 07 2010 03:56

I think they are putting on a solid show right now. Mrk II hordes is in full swing for testing and has some very active forums on the subject. There has been 2 Irish tournaments using the new PP tourney rulespack this year alone, and both are allowing current Mrk II hordes rules as well as the new MrkII warmachine of course. Every week that I go into my FLGS, there are new warmachine minis on the shelf. It's just had a rulebook come out, so this makes sense to be putting out all the new releases for their brand new edition rather than their not yet finalised rules for MrkII hordes. I really don't see any problem with how everything is going right now... except Saxon's latest rules build.... what were they thinking?
So these 'Space Marines' are racist bullies ?!?

maxxev
Shas

Post#202 » Mar 28 2010 02:35

Bit late to the discussion here, but yeah, Warmachine is on the Rise, even here in the UK where players used to be few and far between the numbers are rising.

I've just got to hold out for the merc book to see what my lovely new dwarf infantry bits do :)

foto69man
Shas

Post#203 » Mar 28 2010 03:21

This guy is pretty sweet, and ugly. I likethe look of the trolls a lot

http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/trollbloods/warbeasts/dire-troll-bomber
Check out Heralds of Ruin Kill Team!

Website

FB Group

gojira
Shas

Post#204 » Mar 29 2010 08:22

Yeah, the new troll stuff is pretty cool. Moses, the Bomber troll, and this one was put up the other day, probably will be out in 2 or 3 months.

So these 'Space Marines' are racist bullies ?!?

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#205 » Sep 22 2010 04:54

Ah well, it had to happen. Eigle's fallen off the 40k horse and decided to hitch his wagon to a small Protectorate of Menoth gang. It's the new plastic starter boxed set, and I'm planning on picking it up tomorrow from my new gaming club/supply depot before I sally forth on the 40k battlefield with 3k of my Emperor's Children Chaos Marines.

I've heard a lot of good reports about Warmachine, and within the halls of the new club exist several players who are always ready for new meat - I mean, always ready to help a new player find his feet. It'll probably take me ages to get my backside into gear about making and painting these Menoth guys even if there are only 4 models, since I've such a backlog of unfinished projects. It's become so bad that I'm seriously looking at offloading a shedload of stuff in order to help get through everything.

Anyway, once I get the models made up I will post pictures of them.

E.

djhg
Shas

Post#206 » Oct 25 2010 01:17

Hey E!
Warmachine is a terribly rewarding game, and it's almost silly how easy it is to pick up the basics and throw yourself into it.

I've travel the Khador road myself as I wanted an army that I could play in my "lol, steamroller" style.
My basic set's warcaster doesn't quite support said style so I had to learn how to do things properly first, and NOW I am looking at getting the other warcasters to vary my style ^_^

I think you'll be hooked on it.
Knowledge is power... Use it well.

maxxev
Shas

Post#207 » Feb 10 2011 06:11

Just thought i'd post up a link to my deviant art gallery with my WM models in it:

http://maxxev.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ray
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#208 » Apr 14 2011 05:02

Hey everyone, I haven't been on in a while due to school but I wanted to pick your brains for a second.

I played a warmachine game today where I assassinated my opponent on the second turn. Out of the 35 points I brought, I needed to use everything except for Ol' Rowdy, Jr and his charger to make it work (and got a lucky roll to seal it). We shook hands and I said good game to which my opponent said that it wasn't good at all but incredibly lame. He mentioned something along the lines of how things like that makes him question wanting to play the game.

In his defense, he is not a bad sport but is also a very good player in WM, 40k and WFB. I think he doesn't like the idea of caster kills as a win condition. Since he plays Khador, it may be he wants a war of attrition (which I'll lose). I feel bad about winning that way but it is also how the game is intended to play. Anyway, I'd like to hear input from you guys.

edit: I usually bring a list which can assassinate since it's near impossible to wreck khadoran jacks but don't think I'm one of those competitive players who tries to go for 2nd turn kills. If it happens, it's much later in the game. Today was sort of an accident.

======
If you are interested in how it played out, I did the following things:
- Stryker took a focus from the Squire
- A gun mage shot the juggernaut to push it back 1" to be near to Zerkova (who was behind cover)
- A lancer advanced
- Stryker arced a boosted earthquake through the lancer and into the juggernaut, knocking both it and Zerkova down
- A defender with Snipe walked up and boosted attack and damage, hit Zerkova and rolled 5 6 6 for damage, doing just enough damage to kill her.

That damage roll was pretty lucky. I had a charger which could have finished the job but I'm not sure if he would end up in range.
You either give up or give hell.

jentral
Shas

Post#209 » Feb 10 2013 09:15

I know this post is long old but gonna say to dodge issues like this if anyone plays Warmachine / Hordes you have to have units especially when it comes to higher points games like this. If the caster ends up dead then it's not an auto loss basically and using a Mercenary mechanic like Dirty Meg helps as she can help repair your jacks along with bringing up to two of her own or Thor Steinhammer. If you use Dirty Meg bring a Nomad at least if you use Thor abuse his Tune Up abillity on a Grundback Blaster as the Rhulic stuff is harder to kill and Tune Up will apply to all damage rolls in the spray.

As for taking down Khador jacks it's easier if you use models with WeaponMaster on them or Armor Piercing but any match is easier to dodge the jacks and go for the caster. Even a solo along would help to avoid cases like this.
Fear the beasts in your head not the jungle. - Catachan

Return to “Enemy Units & Alternate Systems”