Skirmish report, the value of camo

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Orion7
Shas'Saal

Skirmish report, the value of camo

Post#1 » Nov 25 2017 03:54

So I played my first game this week and though I conceded the fight, I noticed one second of the battle had some very interesting results.

I'd put some home made terrain on the board and set up a squad of pathfinders on the roof of a warehouse, with a unit of breachers behind the house (breachers all painted with the urban camo scheme in the resources section). The breachers all moved once in the first turn and filled up the side of the building in view of my opponent but out of sight of his units.

Cue a few turns of deliberately neglecting the unit and he's marched his warlord (some fat boi from the plague faction) up towards the warehouse in the hope of engaging the pathfinders on the roof... Only for a squad of pathfinders to emerge from plain sight at point blank range and open fire into it. So, the dice gods didn't favour me and I missed everything, but I thought it was interesting to note that how even on tabletop scale camouflage is a valuable asset, especially if you have some brightly painted lure units on the other side of the field.

FederationUnitedNews
Shas

Re: Skirmish report, the value of camo

Post#2 » Nov 26 2017 12:35

Sounds like you pulled off a textbook Kauyon, Shadowsun would be proud.

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 26 2017 07:12

I've seen that done with an ethereal, using him as bait, in a previous edition of our codex. Ethereal marches to the centre of table, and gives open invite to join the Tau'Va and is gunned down mercilessly by the enemy. Tau firewarriors go BANANA'S!!

:D

Orion7
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Nov 26 2017 02:28

K'Pokk wrote:I've seen that done with an ethereal, using him as bait, in a previous edition of our codex. Ethereal marches to the centre of table, and gives open invite to join the Tau'Va and is gunned down mercilessly by the enemy. Tau firewarriors go BANANA'S!!

:D

Bananas... I now have the horrific image of a load of fire cast with the one eyed helmets painted in the yellow and blue of the Mi'nion sept...

Sounds like you pulled off a textbook Kauyon, Shadowsun would be proud

:D thanks!

And now I've finally won a game!

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Nov 29 2017 07:54

:biggrin: :P :D :roll:

Return to “Battle Reports”