Please link 8th edition video battle reports here

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Re: Please link 8th edition video battle reports here

Post#73 » Dec 06 2017 02:56

Coming friday 8th of december on twitch there will be another battle with T'au. Free to watch if you tune in live at 6:00 PM GMT versus the new DA codex. Subscription needed to watch it back.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... er-live-4/

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#74 » Dec 06 2017 11:40

StealthKnightSteg wrote:6 okt 2017:
StrikingScorpions T'au vs Ultra Marines 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9fzd2laJyk

tried to watch this, but at about 3 minutes in I had to close it, don't expect a battle report from a guy that puts 3FB MT and SG on commander to have any value to me at all

this is an issue I see in every Tau battle report I watched recently, either they use units and loadouts that are straight up bad, or (and) they completely butcher rules (consistently firing drone ML on 6+ without moving, putting 5 things on commander etc.)

a lot of guys watch this to learn the ropes so this is not just about terrible quality, but actually damaging the gameplay of others who see it in "proffesional" battle report so they think its optimal or correct

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#75 » Dec 06 2017 11:49

Beerson wrote:tried to watch this, but at about 3 minutes in I had to close it, don't expect a battle report from a guy that puts 3FB MT and SG on commander to have any value to me at all

this is an issue I see in every Tau battle report I watched recently, either they use units and loadouts that are straight up bad, or (and) they completely butcher rules (consistently firing drone ML on 6+ without moving, putting 5 things on commander etc.)

a lot of guys watch this to learn the ropes so this is not just about terrible quality, but actually damaging the gameplay of others who see it in "proffesional" battle report so they think its optimal or correct

Yeah, this is one of the big problems with Tau battle reports- there aren't many (if any, really) good Tau players who make battle reports. StrikingScorpion is one of the good channels out there- professional, tactical, and fun to watch. However the Tau battle reports leave a little to be desired.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#76 » Dec 06 2017 11:59

Arka0415 wrote:Yeah, this is one of the big problems with Tau battle reports- there aren't many (if any, really) good Tau players who make battle reports. StrikingScorpion is one of the good channels out there- professional, tactical, and fun to watch. However the Tau battle reports leave a little to be desired.

It's weird though, I could understand using subpar units, but if I'm going to upload the batrep to youtube especially with a big viewer base, I would make sure to at least get the rules right, and while forgetting something can be excused, taking options that cannot be taken in the age of battlescribe can not.

when playing the game, I make sure that I use rules correctly and am not "cheating by mistake" in order to have a good game without feeling bad when I would learn that I put myself in advantage by wrong usage or rules or something and I am not doing batreps, I'm just playing for fun

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#77 » Dec 07 2017 04:37

Beerson wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:Yeah, this is one of the big problems with Tau battle reports- there aren't many (if any, really) good Tau players who make battle reports. StrikingScorpion is one of the good channels out there- professional, tactical, and fun to watch. However the Tau battle reports leave a little to be desired.

It's weird though, I could understand using subpar units, but if I'm going to upload the batrep to youtube especially with a big viewer base, I would make sure to at least get the rules right, and while forgetting something can be excused, taking options that cannot be taken in the age of battlescribe can not.

when playing the game, I make sure that I use rules correctly and am not "cheating by mistake" in order to have a good game without feeling bad when I would learn that I put myself in advantage by wrong usage or rules or something and I am not doing batreps, I'm just playing for fun

Yeah it was something that really got me as well, but even with those mistakes the battle's are fun to watch. And seeing some of the comments on the later T'au battle reports he has said he will fix the load out problems and rule mistakes (like firing overwatch with the Stormsurge.. :eek:
So hopefull for new reports

Return to “Battle Reports”