[BAT.REP] 1750pts Farsight vs 2000pts Chaos (picture heavy)

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Shmooks
Shas

Re: [BAT.REP] 1750pts Farsight vs 2000pts Chaos (picture heavy)

Post#21 » Dec 28 2013 09:55

Hey Vash!

I am wondering how it is that the crisis suits get a boost in their toughness because O'vesa has joined them? I spent part of my day combing the rule book and codices for any particular rule that states that this is the case, in particular anything related to independent characters and I came out with nothing. I understand that O'vesa himself is T6 as are his 2 shielded missile drones so there is definitely a feature of T6. I just don't see how the crisis suits actually become T6 themselves dude...

Your boy, the Shmooks
One does not simply kill a Riptide...

E'nigma
Shas

Post#22 » Dec 28 2013 10:24

You are correct the Crisis Suits don't become T6 themselves. However due to the Majority Toughness rule they would be counted as T6 when the opponent rolls to wound.

Shmooks
Shas

Post#23 » Dec 28 2013 10:35

How is it a majority if three members of the unit have T6 (O'vesa and his two drones) and the other three members are T4? does O'vesa himself tip the balance? I would call that an even split technically.

E'nigma
Shas

Post#24 » Dec 28 2013 11:02

The rule states that if there is a Tie in Toughness values you use the highest values. I don't have my rulebook handy but the Majority Toughness rule under the To wound section of the Assault chapter will have the exact wording.

Also step 4 of The Shooting Sequence makes note of majority Toughness.

Shmooks
Shas

Post#25 » Dec 28 2013 11:13

Thanks for the clarification

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaper13
Shas

Post#26 » Jan 21 2017 04:15

Good report, just something I saw in your list, the the missile crisis team, they only need 2 target locks, not 3. You can already shoot at one unit, and then each target lock lets one model shoot at a different model. So the drone controller crisis could drop the target lock and take another missile pod and you still can shoot 3 different ways. :D
Who says we don't have assault units... Drones :crafty:

Return to “Battle Reports”