Czar Ziggy's Battle Logs

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Czar Ziggy's Battle Logs

Post#1 » Oct 25 2014 01:13

Hey ATT! So, I'm going to create a thread here were I will post the links to the Tau oriented battle reports from my blog. I've only got one Tau battle report at the moment, but there will be more in the future. I'm also trying to start a campaign as well to make a series of reports!

Also, as a heads up, I like to write my battle reports up as a story. Makes it more fun to read and really puts you there. So far, the format starts with a quick intro story, setting up the tone of the match, then quickly outlines the games (Mission type, forces involved, and so on), then proceeds to tell the tale of the match. As I said, I really like this style of battle report and would love some feed back from the community.

Any ways, you can follow the link here to the Tau battle report. Feel free to read the other one as well. It's Guard Vs. Necrons

Czar Ziggy
Last edited by Czar Ziggy on Sep 26 2015 12:26, edited 4 times in total.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Re: Czar Ziggy's Battle Logs

Post#2 » Dec 09 2014 09:34

Hey ATT! So, I participated in a tournament in Petawawa, ON last weekend. I'm going to be writing up some narrative style battle reports based on the 4 matches I fought. So far, I've only done the Prologue which sets the tone for the overall story I will tell. The main character is going to be my Ethereal Aun'O Rra'B from my Rra Nan Project Log thread.

Just follow the link to the prologue. I will be updating with links to the 4 parts as I post them.

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Re: Czar Ziggy's Battle Logs

Post#3 » Apr 07 2015 05:24

Hey ATT! Not a Tau battle report, but a 2,500 pts showdown between my Tyranids and my friend's Guard. A farewell mission as he heads to the far side of the country for the summer to tree plant.

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Re: Czar Ziggy's Battle Logs (Special Report!!!)

Post#4 » May 14 2015 08:44

Hey ATT! So I can barely contain my excitement! :biggrin: I've got a battle booked at Miniwargaming next week! Going to be bringing my Tau!

Czar Ziggy

Vector Strike
Shas'La

Post#5 » May 15 2015 06:04

Beat Matt Bat Rep? I like those

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#6 » May 15 2015 04:35

No, though that was what I was aiming for. But it looks like I will be taking part in the Apothis campaign. We're still working out the details. The only thing for sure is that I'll be playing 2 games next Friday!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#7 » May 23 2015 05:33

Hey ATT!

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update! So I played 2 games yesterday as part of the Apothis campaign. One was a Zone Mortalis game and the other a Malestrom of War game. In both matches, it was my Tau Empire Vs Skitarri. So a few firsts for me as I've never played Mortalis before or against Skitarri. Both matches were epic and I think you guys will love them once they're posted up. I think they will be around episode 25 of the Apothis series. I'll add a link once the YouTube one goes up. You'll have to have a Vault membership, or do the trial, to see the other one.

Czar Ziggy

Spray & Pray
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » May 23 2015 06:56

That's pretty cool! How was playing on Camera for you then? :-)

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#9 » May 24 2015 02:51

Well, playing on camera wasn't so bad. It's actually scarier now thinking about it. During filming, it's just like playing a regular game. The only difference is that before we film a phase of the turn, I tell them what I'm going to do in that phase. Then they film me doing it. The hardest part about filming was really the outro and intro where I have to stand there and stare into the camera. In those parts, I don't have anything to say while they explain the episode and what's going on in the campaign. That's the hardest part of filming. The games only took a little bit longer than a normal game because we just have to work out the angles of filming before moving anything or rolling the dice.

Czar Ziggy

edit: I just posted my blog post with picture in it if you'd like to look!

Spray & Pray
Shas'Saal

Re: Czar Ziggy's Battle Logs (MiniWarGaming Adventure)

Post#10 » May 25 2015 12:25

Cool, thanks, that is some nicely painted Tau btw. The wee breaks where the guest has to stay quiet does seem a bit awkward and probably could be shot in a different manner. I rarely watch battle reports, but when I do, I tend to judge it on the personalities of the two players. Like most people i'd say, I give it two minutes top to judge whether i'll keep watching!

I'll be sure to check yours out though! :-)

Return to “Battle Reports”