Letters Home

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Meikita
Shas

Letters Home

Post#1 » Oct 13 2015 12:48

I know I do not post often, more or less I lurk around for rumors and tactics, but recently my local group and I began a kill team campaign over an Imperial hive planet. I want to chronicle my successes and defeats for all of you in a narrative style like a sergeant sending messages home to his family. In this case it is my pathfinder Shas'ui Vior'los Mon'tyr Kais Shin'ichi, more commonly known as the burning guide for his specialty in guiding his team with his marker light and drones. He graduated from the fire warrior academy as a team spotter and was given a commanding position over the 12th scouting force, farsights eyes, to "help" Por negotiators from the empire secure this planet. He is joined by his fellow pathfinder marksmen 'La Vral and 'La Mal'caor, as well as the broadside pilot 'Ui Ores and the two crisis pilots 'Ui Shi and 'Ui Ukos. My group is using these rules http://heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.com/p/kill-team-rules.html for our campaign and its very cool. I will post more shortly as I have 4 games under my belt and I will also get pictures of the team members and hopefully some snap shots of the fights.

Tau'va

Meikita
Shas

Re: Letters Home

Post#2 » Oct 13 2015 01:11

first letter

My little Snae'ta, you would not believe the things I have seen in my travels! The planet I am on his filled with dilapidated buildings and is much colder than our fiery rock. What we will gain from acquiring the place I am unsure, but Farsight is always three steps ahead of everyone else. Me and my team were tasked with secretly assuring the safety of the empire negotiators and it hasn't been easy. The orce dropship we refitted as our mobile base picked up movement in the city, we set out to intercept whatever it happened to be. We entered the buildings and rubble only to see the bright yellow of the bad moons ork clan. 'Ui Ores took point on the second floor of a central building for a good fire point, while I and 'La Vral set up sniper and spotter lanes to his right. 'La Mal'caor took a further sniper position to the left and 'Ui' Shi flew down a sewage river as fast as he could to take a flanking position to better roast the enemy. The orks seemed to fear our presence and huddled in a building across the street. Half of their numbers cautiously moved through the rubble towards Ores, firing on his position, but doing nothing to him. The others rushed through broken buildings to protect their left flank. I guided our team in the most efficient way I could, lighting up a group of boys. Ores used my guidance to annihilate three of them with his missiles. Mal'caor dropped one more boy with his rail rifle. 'Ui Shi advanced forward to get closer. The orks continued the mad run towards Ores, still unable to make their hits count. The other half continued running through the rubble to my right. I tried to help Vral and Mal'caor take down the ork leaders, but they failed to make it count. Ores however completely decimated the boy group that had threatened him, shredding them with his missiles. The ork leader looked at his forces and signaled a retreat.

We had routed our enemies for the greater good and made ourselves known. I hope this tale inspires you my little 'saal to strive for greatness and pick your targets well.

Tau'va 'Saal Snae'ta.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#3 » Oct 13 2015 02:22

Unique style of report, liking the idea and good fight by the looks of it :)

Going to check out the KT rules now myself ;)

Meikita
Shas

Post#4 » Oct 13 2015 05:00

It's a really fun fan made system that tries to make the game as cinematic as possible. There are rules for all the armies for this system with minor changes to both codex units and how the game is played. My favorite thing that has happened so far was a battle suit getting knocked out but not totally killed three or four times but getting back up at a very clutch moment to tie me the game. (I guess spoiler warning for the narrative I am writing?)

Meikita
Shas

Post#5 » Oct 15 2015 07:15

Brother! I almost me my end today! Lessons learned for sure, let me impart unto you some wisdom for your training. My team and I were tasked with routing a pinned down ork group. I mistook our enemy to be disorganized and in my haste set up our team do deliver the mont'ka. We besieged the enemy from all sides, Ores and our two marksmen took up one corner in the ruined city, Shi to to the corner of their right, and Ukos in the corner to their right. I set myself up on my lonesome to try and mark the enemy and cut them off. The enemy were huddled in the center with a one of their death machines and automated gun emplacement. The enemy split forces, sending half towards Shi, and the other half to Ores and the snipers. We countered by trying to down the Kan and shifting forwards, but to no avail. The orks then peppered Shi, causing his suit to fail, though he was safe inside. The warboss decided to focus his attention on me, and I felt terribly alone. Ukos moved towards me to help stem the tide, and Ores continued to decimate the Kan, but still did nothing. The boss and his boys ran down the street towards me, firing wildy, but I managed to mark out the warboss' nob and Ukos ended him. Ores shifted his focus to the boys around him, and so too did the marksmen. The warboss decided to charge at Ukos, bringing his suit down. Ores's suit also failed to the many bullets breaking though his armor, yet he was able to boot the suits system to bring it back into operation. In a fit of uncharacteristic rage, I attempted to buy time for Ukos to eject, so I charged the warboss. I slipped a knife into his gut, but he seemed to ignore it and ripped up both of my drones. Ukos called over the comms that he escaped, and I used my drones destruction to also flee while the boss was distracted. i signaled for a fighting retreat, better to regroup that to get routed entirely.

Remember this lesson Snae'ta, splitting your fire could leave you team unqualified to deal with large threats. Assess the situation carefully and use your mobility and superior training to seize the day, and strength in numbers. Achieve victory as one!

Tau'va

Return to “Battle Reports”