Caledonian Uprising - pints after!

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
NoobPwner84
Shas'La
Shas'La

Caledonian Uprising - pints after!

Post#1 » Dec 19 2015 01:17

Not quite a battle report (though no doubt there will be in time) so if admins need to move this to more appropriate section then so be it.

So seems like there will be a few of the ATT crowd at the biggest and most competitive event in the UK.

krewl, Commander Skyfall and Jarrid - hope you all get your army lists in on time and have finished agonising over your choices. I'm staying in the hotel right across the road and am more than willing to get a round of beers in after the Saturday gaming if you'd like to ruminate over victory and defeat? Would be good to catch up with some good Tau players. Think there may be another Scottish Tau player heading down too, though I suspect I has abandoned the greater good in favour of advancing the lot of tha Empra
The true warrior engages only the worthy opponent

Commander Skyfall
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Caledonian Uprising - pints after!

Post#2 » Dec 19 2015 01:30

Hi Noobpwner,

Finally made my mind up yesterday afternoon.

I'm staying at the hotel across the road too :) Definitely on for a beer on the Saturday.

See you there.

Sam.

NoobPwner84
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Dec 20 2015 04:17

Excellent, I shall look forward to it.

Got list submitted after a bit of a mix up (submitted it last night after a couple of drinks and made a few mistakes!) here it's:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TAU EMPIRE - HUNTER CONTINGENT 'SUPER DETACHMENT' (FROM KAUYON) [1850] PTS IN TOTAL

*HUNTER CADRE* [745] PTS IN TOTAL

HQ1: COMMANDER , COMMAND & CONTROL NODE , NEUROWEB SYSTEM JAMMER [2], DRONE CONTROLLER 2, MARKER DRONES, TOTAL - [134] [WARLORD]
TROOPS1: 10 KROOT CARNIVORES [60]
TROOPS 2: 10 KROOT CARNIVORES [60]
TROOPS 3: STRIKE TEAM (5 MAN) [45]
ELITE 1: RIPTIDE, ION ACCELERATOR, EARLY WARNING OVERIDE,FUSION BLASTER, TOTAL [190]
ELITE 2: CRISIS SUIT, FLAMER, FLAMER, TOTAL [32]
FAST ATTACK 1: 4 MARKER DRONES, PLUS 2 EXTRA MARKER DRONE, TOTAL [84]
HEAVY SUPPORT 1: BROADSIDE BATTLESUIT X 2, SMART MISSILE SYSTEM (0), HIGH YIELD MISSILES (O), EARLY WARNING OVERIDE X 2. TOTAL [140]

*OPTIMISED STEALTH CADRE* [635] PTS IN TOTAL

GHOSTKEEL BATTLESUITS X 3 ONE WITH STIMULANT INJECTOR, ONE WITH TWIN LINKED FUSION BLASTER , TWO WITH TWIN LINKED BURST CANNONS, TWO WITH TARGET LOCKS, ALL WITH CYCLIC ION RAKERS (0), SIX MV5 STEALTH DRONES (0) TOTAL [455]
STEALTH SUITS [90]
STEALTH SUITS [90]

*FIREBASE SUPPORT CADRE* [470] PTS IN TOTAL

BROADSIDE BATTLESUIT X 2, SMART MISSILE SYSTEM (0), HIGH YIELD MISSILES (O), EARLY WARNING OVERIDE x 2. TOTAL [140]
BROADSIDE BATTLESUIT X 2, SMART MISSILE SYSTEM (0), HIGH YIELD MISSILES (O), EARLY WARNING OVERIDE X 2. TOTAL [140]
RIPTIDE, ION ACCELERATOR, EARLY WARNING OVERIDE, FUSION BLASTER (0) TOTAL [190]

[1850] PTS

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Commander Skyfall
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Dec 22 2015 07:19

For my Caldeonian list in the end I went for a Dawnblade detachment:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tau Mont’ka “Dawnblade” Detachment

Core Formation: Hunter Cadre
HQ1: Commander with Stimulant injector, Dual missile pods, 2* MV4 Shield drone, Talisman of Arthas Moloch [= 179pts] [Warlord]
TROOP1: 5* Firewarrior Strikers with Bonding ritual [= 50pts]
TROOP2: 5* Firewarrior Strikers with Bonding ritual [= 50pts]
TROOP3: 10* Kroot Carnivores with 1* Kroot Hound [= 60pts]
ELITE1: 2* XV8 Crisis Shas’ui each with Dual missile pods, Bonding ritual [= 106pts]
FA1: 4* MV7 Marker drones [= 56pts]
LoW: KV128 Stormsurge with Pulse driver cannon, Twin-linked smart missile system, Cluster rocket pods, Twin-linked airbursting fragmentation projectors, Shield generator, Early warning override [= 435pts]

Auxiliary Formation: Drone Net VX1-0
FA1: 4* MV7 Marker drones [= 56pts]
FA2: 4* MV7 Marker drones [= 56pts]
FA3: 4* MV7 Marker drones [= 56pts]
FA4: 4* MV7 Marker drones [= 56pts]

Auxiliary Formation: Riptide Wing
ELITE1: XV104 Riptide, Heavy burst cannon, Twin-linked smart missile system, Stimulant injector, Velocity tracker [= 235pts]
ELITE2: XV104 Riptide, Ion accelerator, Twin-linked smart missile system, Stimulant injector, Early warning override [= 225pts]
ELITE3: XV104 Riptide, Ion accelerator, Twin-linked smart missile system, Stimulant injector, Early warning override [= 225pts]

Total = 1850 points

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The plan:
- Commander joins Missile Crisis team, supports from behind the Riptide Wing and/or Stormsurge; long-range S7 to make the most of Dawnblade's Killing Blow, Talisman bubble to protect against Psy.Shrieks and the like, and even providing some Overwatch for Stormsurge seeing as I only need to be within 12" as per Hunter Cadre rules.
- Troops choices are all basically there to pay the tax and will act as speed bumps / bubble wrap, or early-game objective camping to earn the first Maelstrom objectives where possible. Though having the option to Outflank the Kroot may prove useful for Maelstroms too
- Multitude of BS3 marker drones to maximise the effectiveness of 'Surge and Riptide Wing, particularly combining their Interceptor capabilities. Also making sure those D-missiles hit home (my first line of defence to counter for Wraithknights, Imperial Knights etc.)
- Lots of high S low AP Interceptor to take out any nasty DSing surprises... I'm looking at you, Skyhammer formation! :(
- Riptides and 'Surge bring large volume of firepower to knock off kill points quickly, or whittle down Star armies faster
- Invulnerable saves and FNP on the big guys make sure they are durable and stay in the fight for as long as possible
- Start deployment fairly close-knit and keeping opponents at arm's length. Using Riptide Nova-charged jumping for late-game objective grabbing / line-breaking etc.

Problems/shortfalls
- no Objective Secured; I know there will be occasions when I regret not having this. Though I find that Tau Ob.Sec units are, on the whole, rather squishy and don't tend to take much digging off the objectives
- Talisman offers some Psychic defence, but largely will be at the mercy of the super-sorceror councils/conclaves
- Grav; I would have liked a Shielded missile drone for each Riptide to meta the grav weapons but points were just too tight. Instead I'll probably go for 3++ on Nova charging as preferred setting against grav-heavy armies

I'm no star player and I make plenty of mistakes in game - but I'm looking forward to the event, playing new opponents, improving my technique etc. and I hope my list should at least look formidable and not be an easy roll-over.

NoobPwner84
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Dec 22 2015 11:02

Commander Skyfall wrote:I hope my list should at least look formidable and not be an easy roll-over

It certainly does look formidable. I think the stormsurge and riptide wing backed by so many markers shall make a mess of most things quite well. Not sure I'd want to play against this :/

THough your kroot squad - you haven't added the 5pts for the kroot hound, unless your adding up was poor and you put it in elsewhere.

Commander Skyfall
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Dec 22 2015 11:14

NoobPwner84 wrote: THough your kroot squad - you haven't added the 5pts for the kroot hound, unless your adding up was poor and you put it in elsewhere.

Gah! :eek: Well spotted. An error on my part in transcription from spreadsheet to document format. It should indeed read "65 points", which then makes the grand total = 1850.

Ghastly mistake. There go my tournament points for correct list submission :sad:

I'll e-mail them now... Thanks for the spot!

EmbraveYourInnerGeek
Shas

Post#7 » Dec 22 2015 04:09

Suspect I might be the other Scottish Tau player Noobpawner's talking about. I haven't given up Tau completely, but I will be taking the Emperors finest to Cally this time. I'm not really finding anything that really appeals in the new codex TBH. Im sure I'll come back to the greater good in the future.

Still fancy a pint after Cally though!

EYIG

NoobPwner84
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » Dec 23 2015 03:25

EmbraveYourInnerGeek wrote:Still fancy a pint after Cally though!

Excellent. Renounced traitors to the greater good are welcome so they may be shown the error of their ways (says the guy that nigh exclusively plays Farsight!)

You running a similar list to Rapid Fire? Was fairly solid if I recall.

Krewl
Shas

Post#9 » Dec 23 2015 08:51

I've made up my mind, I've decided to go quite defensively aimed at defence versus the many forms of mass grav shots.
If there's one thing I can't stand it's losing a game before you've done anything...

This is a first list for me since the old fire base cadre was discontinued, and a first one where I've tried to step away from 2x3 broadsides, so it will be quite informative to see if this list can handle the many heavy hitters there or if it will be mid or low table obscurity for me.

ALLIANCE LEVEL: BATTLE BROTHERS/FORMATION
COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Codex Tau Empire

HQ1 : Commander (85), Drone Controller (8), 2x Missile pod (2x15), Target Lock (5), Puretide Engram Neurochip (15), Iridium Armour (25), 2x Markerlight Drone (2x12) [192pts] [WARLORD]

Elite1 : Crisis Battlesuits, 2x Crisis Shas'ui (2x22) each with 2x Missile Pod (2x15) and target lock (5), Shas'Vre (32), Command and Controle Node (15), Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite (20), Vectored Retro Trusters (5), 4x Markerlight Drone (4x12). [234pts]

Troop 1 : 10 Kroot Carnivores [60pts]
Troop 2 : 10 Kroot Carnivores [60pts]

HS1: Skyray Gunship (115), Twin Linked Smart Missile System (0), Blacksun Filter (1) [116pts]
HS2: Skyray Gunship (115), Twin Linked Smart Missile System (0) [115pts]

LoW : Stormsurge (360), Advanced Targeting System (3), Early Warning Override (5), Pulse Driver Cannon (15) [383pts]

Fortification: Skyshield landing pad [75pts]

TOTAL [1235pts]

FORMATION: Riptide Wing (Mont'ka Damocles Campaign book)

Elite1 : Riptide Shas'vre (180), Heavy Burst Cannon (0), Twin Linked Smart Missile System (0), Early Warning Override (5), Shielded Missile drone (25) [210pts]
Elite2 : Riptide Shas'vre (180), Ion Accelerator (5), Twin Linked Fusion Blaster (0), Early Warning Override (5), Shielded Missile drone (25) [215pts]
Elite3 : Riptide Shas'vre (180), Ion Accelerator (5), Twin Linked Fusion Blaster (0), Early Warning Override (5) [190pts]

TOTAL [615pts]

I've tried for a bit of everything, the skyshield to survive alpha strikes, some kroot to bubble wrap off block infiltrates, some drones on units for 4+ save majority to reduce grav impact. (Like I said, many defense options).
First time stormsurge as well, never played with it. (I'm still building and converting, not all weapons have been placed or decided on.) I'm curious how everyone else plays theirs, especially the main gun.
I choose the skyshield for 25 pts over the personal shield on the surge, dropping a riptide missile drone, as the skyshield can defend multiple units with a 4++ with the obvious drawback that it's not going with the stormsurge if it turns out I'll use him running around and mobile. I had to make the list on theoryhammer, I haven't even proxied one yet, so we'll see how it fares.

All in all, I think it's a decent attempt at a take all comers list, I have the tools to play versus pretty much everything. I'm just a bit afraid that without 2x3 EWO broadsides my intercept will be to little in some games. Or if in general, it will turn out I miss those 48 versatile twin linked shots. Time will tell, hopefully I'll get a game or 2 in before Calli to try them out.

@Commander Skyfall, your lists looks solid as well.
I would not worry about objective secured, for the sole reason that Tau Obsec units are 99% horrible. The only time that does come in to play if when you get to hide a unit behind terrain but in 3"of an objective and the enemy can only just get within 3"with obsec himself. I find the vast majority of games you have to kill things as Tau, not contest. And as you stated, our obsec is squishy and not terrible fast, so you hardly ever have a situation where you can get a lot of use out of it. The one exception being a devilfish that has obsec, it can tankshock other units way, is quite durable and has an 18 inch range. But going for a super formation gives you double bonuses from your formation and the greater formation which adds to more killing.
So in my opinion I'd rather reinforce what my army is good at (shooting) in stead of shoring up scoring ability which will at best become mediocre.

Commander Skyfall
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#10 » Dec 23 2015 11:09

Krewl wrote:@Commander Skyfall, your lists looks solid as well.
I would not worry about objective secured, for the sole reason that Tau Obsec units are 99% horrible. The only time that does come in to play if when you get to hide a unit behind terrain but in 3"of an objective and the enemy can only just get within 3"with obsec himself. I find the vast majority of games you have to kill things as Tau, not contest. And as you stated, our obsec is squishy and not terrible fast, so you hardly ever have a situation where you can get a lot of use out of it. The one exception being a devilfish that has obsec, it can tankshock other units way, is quite durable and has an 18 inch range. But going for a super formation gives you double bonuses from your formation and the greater formation which adds to more killing.

So in my opinion I'd rather reinforce what my army is good at (shooting) in stead of shoring up scoring ability which will at best become mediocre.

Thanks, Krewl. Makes me feel a little better to find other Tau players thinking along the same path :D
I've had some luck with cheeky Ob.Sec. Devilfish before, but felt in the Cally arena (or rather, what I've heard/been warned about) the level of competition is going to demand some high-end firepower and those Devilfish points could be better spent elsewhere.

The Skyshield Landing Pad: that's inspired! Love the idea, may have to steal that one at some point to try it out myself.

I really like your list. I like the drones with Riptides for grav meta, sadly couldn't squeeze the points in my equation. I miss my Skyrays, too. I used them at the last two events I went to (with little previous experience of using 'rays, I have to admit) and I'm a total convert, now a huge fan of them. Your list should go far, I'm sure. Looking forward to hearing your analysis of the list's performance at the post-battle drinks... Always keen to learn new tactics and ideas.

P.S. Loving the models/theme for your army in the other thread. Stunning! :)

EmbraveYourInnerGeek
Shas

Post#11 » Dec 23 2015 12:18

NoobPwner84 wrote:
EmbraveYourInnerGeek wrote:Still fancy a pint after Cally though!

Excellent. Renounced traitors to the greater good are welcome so they may be shown the error of their ways (says the guy that nigh exclusively plays Farsight!)

You running a similar list to Rapid Fire? Was fairly solid if I recall.

Nope - totally different. I need to practice with the list I'm taking to the LVO, and the Rapid Fire list needed 5 KR cases! Cant take that on a trans atlantic flight. Need something that fits in 2 KR cases max.

EYIG

NoobPwner84
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#12 » Dec 24 2015 07:06

@ Krewl- a very good list. I am also in the dark regards the Stormsurge and how useful it can be. I was on the fence about including one but opted for the three Ghostkeels instead for roughly same points. However even without it you have a good lot is S8 shooting with your tides, as well as your crisis star unit with TH/MH. it makes me wonder about my lack of shooting above S7 in my own army.

The skyshield is a good way to avoid getting alpha struck, that combined with your EWO's on the surge and tides should make sure that podding & outflanking stuff is too decimated to throw out significant damage.

Not sure I'd want to 'Tau-off' against either you or Commander Skyfall, think my army would end up a mashed smear of blood and battlesuit armour!

Army I'm most concerned about is scouting invisible super marine deathstars. Git a few practice games against some ETC players coming up towards the end of the Xmas period to see if I have a chance.

Commander Skyfall
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#13 » Dec 24 2015 07:31

NoobPwner84 wrote: I am also in the dark regards the Stormsurge and how useful it can be.

I'm still not entirely sure myself, even though I have done some preliminary play-testing too! :?

I was mostly torn between which of the main guns to choose. In the end I went with Pulse Driver, which seems a bit easier to use i.e. not having to worry about being in the "right" range band. I think that would take a little too much finesse for my style.

I wanted the 'Surge primarily for its D-missiles tbh. I tested it with the Drone Net formation in support; it blew away a Knight in the opening salvo of my first turn. I'm hoping for the same effect vs. Wraithknights. I tried the D-gun in the same testing period but found the range bands frustrating and I needed to advance to get into range - which cost me the double-tap shooting ability.

Which reminds me; I need to check exactly how markerlights work when, say, Unit X fires twice at Unit Y (as per stabilised 'Surge or Riptide Hailfire). Presumably I have to spend marker lights on each "volley" - seems a bit too good if I could spend 2 markers to get Ignores Cover on both of the shooting attacks from the same model/unit. I'll have a scout around ATT, someone has probably already raised this..?

NoobPwner84
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#14 » Dec 27 2015 06:46

Beginning to feel I've brought a chocolate bar to a nuke fight regarding cally. So far as I know my list is the only one that doesn't include tide wing and/or stormsurge :-?

Feel like I have a lot of shooting, and a psuedo plan vs deathstars (which are gonna be so abundant its unreal) so we will see how I get on. Right now though the top 50% is looking tricky for me I think :fear:

NoobPwner84
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#15 » Dec 30 2015 04:01

I had a practice game yesterday against a good Eldar player who regularly plays at Caledonian Uprising but lives in the states and has been playing at Adepticon, Nova and is heading to the LVO soon. So he has a decent pedigree.

His list was as follows:

Craftworld Detachment

Bikeseer, shard of fearless, spear
YOLO warlock on bike
3 minimal bike squads
Vyper, dual shuricannons

Aspect shrine (+1 BS)
7 warp spiders
7 warp spiders
7 warp spiders

Crimson Hunter formation
Exarch hunter
crimson hunter
crimson Hunter

Wraithknight

Hemlock

Autarch with warp jump generator and fusion blaster

Mission was some form of modified maelstrom and crusade. My warlord trait was infiltrate 3 units and commander, and opponents was stealth ruins and move through cover. since the whole board was ruins, that was pretty good. He gets dominate, shriek and invisibility on the farseers powers.

I won the roll to go first, and I set up my broadsides, a riptide and my fire warriors all on objectives. A riptide, ghostkeels, my commander and the drones, and the stealth suits all infiltrate whilst the kroot outflank.

He doesn't steal and its game on.

Early Game

First turn and I marker up the wraithknight, then kill it ]FIRST BLOOD] with a combo of monster hunter firebase cadre and ghostkeel fire, also kill a couple of spiders. His first turn the farseer and his escorting bike unit go invisible, and turbo boost into my far left corner. His shooting is unlucky, killing only one stealth suit. Turn two I jump about forwards with my stealth teams and am able to kill a whole unit of the warp spiders with one unit of broadsides and the Ghostkeels, as well as super overkill of a vyper with my missilesides. My flamer suit comes down and flames a couple of jetbikes. His turn and he gets only one of his four flyers (on a 2+ because of the Autarch), a regular crimson hunter, that gets intercepted and destroyed by broadsides. He kills some of my kroot that outflanked near a unit of spiders, and one more stealth suit. The autarch and some jebikes assault lone dual flamer guy, and i'm quite happy as I'll overwatch some of them to death with my flamers but then realise I can't due to autarch's banshee mask. Regardless, over a few rounds of combat, flamer XV8 steadily beats the autarch's brains in with his crisis servos, much to my satisfaction.

Late Game
I've established a bit of a lead in maelstrom, and only really lost two units of kroot and a couple of stealth guys. The Hemlock gets intercepted and killed, and the Farseers accompanying bikers get broadsided despite being invisible due to twin-linked markers from the commander. Between the remaining spiders and a flyer, he manages to kill a riptide by focusing on it. Then he decides to concede, as he has only one flyer left, about four warp spiders and one jetbike.

Summary

Going first was a boon, as potentially I could have been facing an invisible wraithknight, which would have been a nightmare, though I suppose I would have had 8 twin linked markers. However, it would have been unlikely I would have killed it turn one and be able to focus on warp spiders and flyers as I ended up doing. He also had terrible luck, such as rolling loads of 1's for his reserve flyers, and he missed twice with psychic shriek on a roll of a 2+. Even so, I was happy with my target priority.

I had planned to play against a few of the scottish ETC players today, however due to bad storms I returned north yesterday to avoid driving in the bad weather, so unfortunately this game is likely to be my only practice match before Cally. A bit worried about necrons, khorne daemonkin (both as I haven't played them much) and super marine deathstars.

Commander Skyfall
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#16 » Jan 02 2016 12:12

Good to hear your test run went well, Noobpwner.

In other news, i've had a major setback with my army list! I saw, on an unrelated thread on ATT, that a Riptide wing is NOT an auxiliary formation for a Dawnblade detachment. I couldn't believe my eyes!! A huge oversight on my part, i've taken 3 sources instead of 2.

So back to the drawing board for a rethink. At this late stage i will probably have to fall back on models that i have already painted. But i'm thinking along the lines of:

Tau Empires CAD

- Buffcommander with all the usual signature systems and protective gear, plus drone controller and 2 marker drones
- 3 Crisis suits, dual missile pods, target locks, 6 marker drones
- 6 Firewarriors
- 10 Kroot + hound
- Stormsurge (as per previous list, above)
- Riptide with ion accelerator, stims, early warning override
- 3 Broadsides, HYMP, SMS, EWO
- Skyray with sensor spines, blacksun filter and disruption pod
- Bunker with Comms relay & Escape hatch

Then a Cullexus assassin as 2nd source

Idea is to play quite defensively and close-knit around the bunker, in which hide the Buffcommander, Crisis and drones. This acts as a central strongpoint around which the rest of the army deploys and provides overlapping fields of fire. Lots of markers and the Cullexus should mitigate the. InvisStars nicely. Skyray probably hides in reserve, coming on later to markerlight enemy fliers as necessary.

The ObSec units are flimsy, but i can't afford Devilfish without sacrificing firepower elsewhere. They're basically just there to make a legal CAD, and they're already painted.

NoobPwner84
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#17 » Jan 02 2016 06:09

Unlucky Commander Skyfall, hope you get it sorted. Yeah I was looking at the Dawn Blade when making my list and realised I couldn't have a riptide wing with it, apologies but I never put it together when I read over your list or I would have been highlighting more than just the extra points for your Kroot unit!

How are you guys feeling about Ghostkeels? I have been liking them a lot both with listhamma-img and on the tabletop. However I haven't noticed them much in competitive lists that others have posted. I suppose that to make them particularly good you need an OSC and those stealths are a bit of a tax.

Looking forward to upcoming events after Cally, I may use a Dawn Blade retaliation cadre for Dark Millenium in Scotland in February, feels like it would suit my play style more than Hunter, but we will see.

Commander Skyfall
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#18 » Jan 03 2016 06:13

NoobPwner84 wrote:Unlucky Commander Skyfall, hope you get it sorted. Yeah I was looking at the Dawn Blade when making my list and realised I couldn't have a riptide wing with it, apologies but I never put it together when I read over your list or I would have been highlighting more than just the extra points for your Kroot unit!.

No worries, Noobpwner - totally my bad! At least i spotted it before the organisers did. Or, worse, before i took an illegal list to Cally!

On Ghostkeels: i agree that they would seem best in an OSC. I think the Stealth team can still be useful if, for example, you're taking a 2 source army, where your 2nd source is something like a Riptide wing or the Stormsurge formation (the name of which escapes me...). Mostly just musings so far, but my thinking being:

- Max out the Stealth units for some extra wounds / survivability, and also to increase their footprint for staying within 6" of the Ghostkeels to get the Wall of Mirrors bonuses
- Add at least the same number of Marker drones as there are Stealth suits; further increasing footprint and now the unit is majority T4, and majority armour save 4+ to mitigate grav
- Drone controller makes drones effectively BS4 with Wall of Mirrors in play
- Maybe a velocity tracker on a Stealth shas'vre, who can also take a marker + target lock as a separate choice, to give you a cheeky Skyfire marker shot

The units become expensive but are flexible, quite durable, and provide great marker support for Riptides and Stormsurges while the Ghostkeels do their thing.

Return to “Battle Reports”