Caledonian Uprising - pints after!

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Krewl
Shas

Re: Caledonian Uprising - pints after!

Post#19 » Jan 05 2016 12:06

Hmm, I like that combination, markerlight, target lock and VT for a skyfire markerlight.
I am really looking for new ways to play my tau, I've had great success with old Tau lists, using 2 (or 3) skyrays and the firebase cadre as a basis, minimum of 2 riptides and usually a markerlight drone + commander or markerdrones + crisis in a unit that the commander joined. Turns out that type of list gets old, so options to replace skyrays are welcome, just as I am now trying riptides and a surge to see if they provide the Dakka now that I removed the broadsides.

However, after last years ETC I found that the current meta kills to much out of my army, forcing me to go with defensive options, reducing manoeuvrability and firepower.
I found that a bunker and a tank commander do fine in protecting the broadsides, but in essence I was playing the same damage dealers, less mobile units, less ability to spread firepower and the list was not hugely mobile either. Gladius in particular really whoops my behind now.
So now the new list above where I'm pretty much all mobile, and a really tough set of players to try out if they can pull their weight*.

I have seen the light regarding FnP, I took 2 missile drones for calli, I should have found the extra 20 pts for FnP on 2 riptides instead, that maths out better overall then the drones that just protect vs grav.

* I know, one should playtest before a tournament, but I just bought a house.... and it's a fixer, so I expect just 1 test game before cali. I'll just run on natural genius and abundant talent**. ;)

** You can all stop laughing, I can hear you from this side of the pond.. :(

Good luck skyfall, hope you get a lenient ruling since you caught it yourself.

NoobPwner84
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#20 » Jan 13 2016 12:10

So apparently the draw is tonight. What would be you guys nightmare match ups? And what are you not that worried about?

Personally I'm not that bothered about Eldar, as I've played a lot of good eldar players recently and been doing reasonably well. Not that I think I'd win every match against good players mind you.

And really worried about any army that includes this build:

Cypher
Calgar
Chapter Master, shield eternal, bike, art. armour, power fist
Chapter Master, storm shield, bike, art. armour, power fist
command squad with gravs
Librarius conclave on bikes

That is my sum of all fears!
The true warrior engages only the worthy opponent

Commander Skyfall
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#21 » Jan 15 2016 06:59

NoobPwner84 wrote:So apparently the draw is tonight. What would be you guys nightmare match ups? And what are you not that worried about?

Personally I'm not that bothered about Eldar, as I've played a lot of good eldar players recently and been doing reasonably well. Not that I think I'd win every match against good players mind you.

And really worried about any army that includes this build:

Cypher
Calgar
Chapter Master, shield eternal, bike, art. armour, power fist
Chapter Master, storm shield, bike, art. armour, power fist
command squad with gravs
Librarius conclave on bikes

That is my sum of all fears!

Sorry i missed your post about the draw... But i agree, the above is pretty much the worst match-up! In fact, Space Marine bike and/or wolf cavalry armies are my nemesis.

NoobPwner84
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#22 » Jan 16 2016 04:18

So after 3 games and playing against Eldar twice and an ETC player I have 50 pts out of 60, with 3 wins of 20-0, 11-9 and 19-1.

But worried about what I'll face tomorrow :/

Commander Skyfall if you read this we will be in the bar at Premier inn near the venue about 10ish. If not I'll be upstairs eating with the team Scotland guys, come and join us
The true warrior engages only the worthy opponent

Return to “Battle Reports”