The Drone that wore the red bandana.

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Crunchy_Monk
Shas'La
Shas'La

The Drone that wore the red bandana.

Post#1 » Mar 24 2016 08:33

Good evening.

It has been a veritable eternity since I have posted on here. This is due more to moving, illness, and other circumstances. Our local game store is slowly getting set back up for warhammer though, and kill team games are starting to happen, new people coming into the game, and all kinds of goodness.

One such game was played tonight.

I was not planning on wrting a battle report, but after playing the game, I felt that I must give some highlights. My kill team consisted of a Devilfish with 7 FW inside. I also had a piranha with fusion blaster and decoy launcher. My opponent was playing space marines. He had about 5-6 marine scouts in cover, but within range of my FW, and a speeder transport.

I will now give the highlights.

I dropped all drones. My Firewarriors managed to kill 3 Space marines in cover right off the bat. Our speeders faced off, but to no avail. He deployed from his speeder and assaulted the Piranha, but to no avail. Meanwhile, sniper with haywire was picking HPs off my Devilfish, so he moved into a building for cover, where it immediately immobilized itself. Piranha moved behind the transport and exploded it.

Here is where the fun begins. My FW make a fighting retreat, because the now footslogging marine scouts were moving in. My drones moved up. One drone managed a kill in shooting. All the drones assaulted next turn, and died, except for the one that killed a marine the turn before. He actually won CC and killed the marine scout. Next turn, he moved in for another, and killed yet another marine scout. And on the final turn, my little drone that could made a three-peat, and killed another marine, slaying him in front of two FW that were about to face impending death.

One drone killed 4 marine scouts, 3 of which were in close combat.

I won the game because my speeder was on the objective, and I killed more than he did.

I am painting that drone as soon as I can, and giving him a red ring to signify his victory, and am hereafter calling him Drone-Bo. This drone almost single handedly won the game for me. Even my opponent was a little intimidated to this little drone. He will be looking for it on the field next game, I am sure ;)

Anyways, it is good to be back. I have not played since 5th edition. I learned that vehicle rules have changed a lot. I had to shave down my list because I am told now that 'ard boyz is dead, and that no one really plays 2500 point games any more, but am looking forward to playing with the optimized stealth cadre, and the ghost keel, as well as this new Piranha formation I keep hearing about.

Lots of reading I have to do.
Aur'ocq shath'r'i tskan sha Tau'va

Crunchy_Monk
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: The Drone that wore the red bandana.

Post#2 » Mar 26 2016 04:35

Well......I thought it was funny anyways.

Tough crowd :P

themoogle
Shas

Post#3 » Mar 26 2016 06:02

I loved the battle story :)

ID suggest that it carried a knife in one of thos classical arms, I think Tael did a sushiknife wielding drone, a arm like that drone. that would instill fear in the hearts of the enemys. and woudl mock them to come at it! and ofc the red bandana too.

I was thinking of adding details to my braodside as well based on the outcome of my premier game. It stood against a greed tide, blasting them to smitherines and as they ran towards it, it managed to bash one last Boyz head in before they pumeled it down to scrap metal... I think they used some parts to patch up thier killacan...
In any case :) Tau'va

Crunchy_Monk
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Mar 26 2016 10:58

Put graffiti on the drone - come at be bro!

I like the idea of the knife though ;)

Reaper13
Shas

Post#5 » Jan 16 2017 04:04

Ah drones... The unit that seems to get kills against all odds and lore... LOL. I've seen a drone kill a terminator in close combat. He died under a flurry of powerfists from the terminators friends. :::(
Who says we don't have assault units... Drones :crafty:

Return to “Battle Reports”