"Make Atreidia Great Again" - A Tau vs Chaos Campaign Blog

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Chalkboard
Shas

"Make Atreidia Great Again" - A Tau vs Chaos Campaign Blog

Post#1 » May 23 2016 08:35

I'm writing to share the battle reports from my Tau Campaign blog with you all. A good buddy and I are each working on a force, and we committed to doing a story-driven and politically-based campaign together (riffing on themes ranging from the United States election in 2016 to current and past military actions by a variety of states in history). I'm using it as a reason to motivate a Tau army for myself. I managed to get my first set of models painted up, so we did an initial battle report that mark the first "sparks" of the conflict. As I'm in the midst of building the army for the first time, expect smaller reports for a while--but we figured that makes things feel "right" with the campaign, as revolutionary struggles against colonial control rise up. As I go, I'll add posts to this thread, as well as update this first post for easier reading.

UPDATE 6/21/2016: Added the third battle report link, "Protest", below.

To read the set-up, check out the: Background Story.

The battle report of the initial firefight that started things in motion can be found here: First Spark.

Difficulties with increased border security lead to another incident: Entrances

Organized protests lead to massed anger, opening a door to something unfamiliar to the Tau: Protest

Comments, thoughts, reaction, painting and tactics advice, and anything else is welcome. We're having fun thus far telling a story, and I'm excited as we'll be playing as often as we can over the summer months to continue the narrative. Thanks.

-Chalkboard
Last edited by Chalkboard on Jun 21 2016 01:48, edited 2 times in total.
My current projects can be found here.

joc-wi
Shas

Re: "Make Atreidia Great Again" - A Tau vs Chaos Campaign Blog

Post#2 » May 23 2016 01:44

I know that posts on AdvancedTauTactica should be more substantial than that. But I just have to say:
I love love love love what you have done with that "breaking news"-image!

...*think*...

OK. I _can_ make this post more substantial than that. Let's participate a bit...

...*do*...

Tada:

[Edit: The original animation was to large and therefore took to long to load. Take this one instead:]
[Original large animation here]

(*sneaks away before everybody assumes I delight in child-murder*)
...this has become a bit *too* morbid...

Redback
Por

Post#3 » May 23 2016 05:09

Great work, will follow this with interest

GeorgeJetson
Shas

Post#4 » May 23 2016 05:19

As long as this campaign features God Emperor Trump in Terminator Armor, I approve.

I always like to add a bit of satire into my house campaigns, too. The Gun Drone strike bit is a stroke of brilliance. Games are meant to be fun, injecting humor wherever possible is highly encouraged.

If I may add some humorous injections:

The presumptive new leader of the Water Caste has been accused of violating security protocols when transmitting classified data over the Tau comms relay and these transmissions were intercepted by agents of the United Systems of Atreidia. The data was related to the Gun Drone strikes. (Too soon?)

One of the United Systems of Atreidia representatives to the Tau empire is promising free admission to the Tau Air, Earth, Water and Fire Caste academies (a right normally only reserved for Tau). There are Gue'La rioting on the planetoids of Atreidia for such concessions from the empire.

There is dissent among the citizens of the United Systems of Atreidia, the two largest of their factions are split between representatives-- the argument being over how much participation or autonomy Atreidia should have within the Tau sphere (i.e. would Tau goods be taxed when imported, or would Atreidian goods be taxed when exported, participation in the Tau education and healthcare systems, etc.). Depending on how far home you wanted to drive the point, you could insert something to the effect of "Northern Atreidian Fringe Trade Agreement (NAFTA)."

tehlegend
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » May 23 2016 07:52

Kroot across the empire are up in arms over their treatment by the established elite. The subpar equipment and poor living conditions are a stark contrast to the state of the art conveniences available to Tau. Each Tau has better equipment than the bottom 99% of kroot, and they have 99% more casualties than the "elite" vespid. The kroot and their shaper leaders are demanding equal treatment across the board and Ethereal leaders are concerned they may shift their political support outside the establishment, towards Trump. :P

Chalkboard
Shas

Post#6 » Jun 01 2016 12:04

Update: Another battle and another battle report. I updated the first post in the list, but here's the link to the newest portion: Entrances.

Thanks for the support and ideas in the comments. joc-wi I love the little animated image! Too funny. GeorgeJetson, you'll see that I used one of your ideas in the descriptors already (and gave you credit in a footnote!). Great ideas, and I put them into my list for the future. Same for your thoughts tehlegend. I like that idea, we'll have to toy with whether the Kroot would stick with the Tau or opt in to resistance (I've also got some ideas about alternate Kroot that could be intriguing).

Next up is a full-on Protest March that turns ugly. I'm making little signs now. "Build an Aegis Defense Line: And Make the Vespid Pay For It!" is definitely a thing.

Thanks.

-Chalkboard

GeorgeJetson
Shas

Post#7 » Jun 01 2016 04:57

Chalkboard,

Excellent work!! I like how much effort has been put into the narrative.

Have you thought about self-publishing campaign books?

Chalkboard
Shas

Post#8 » Jun 21 2016 01:46

Update: Third battle and another battle report. Again, I'll update the first post as well, but here's the link to it: Protest

Next up will be a more traditional battle in terms of tactical objective-based 40k: the Tau finally decide that it's time to do something about the group of demagogues hidden out in the acid desert of the planet.

GeorgeJetson wrote:Chalkboard,

Excellent work!! I like how much effort has been put into the narrative.

Have you thought about self-publishing campaign books?

Thanks for the support, we're trying really hard to make these something special and worth recording. That means painting up civilians, signs, custom objectives, terrain, and making sure our models look good too. That's enough effort to last me a while, to be sure!

Cheers.

Return to “Battle Reports”