1500 points Farsight Enclaves vs Ravenwing

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Vior'los Noel
Shas

1500 points Farsight Enclaves vs Ravenwing

Post#1 » Jun 06 2016 08:08

Hi there,

Have recently just finished my first batrep on YouTube and wish to submit the following video logs for review. Hopefully insight can be gained from the following footage when dealing with the Gue'la!

https://youtu.be/txiqgMJJXa4

Enjoy and I appreciate any suggestions or thoughts to better prepare myself for the next engagement!

thezanji
Shas'La

Re: 1500 points Farsight Enclaves vs Ravenwing

Post#2 » Jun 07 2016 11:47

I just saw your channel some days ago, I myself was planning to start a channel with some friends, I know how to add some effects on after effects, your videos so far look great, and I really enjoy the details and effects you added.

My only suggestion would be to focus the camera to the miniatures when you are describing the army roster you are going to use, your miniatures are really cool looking and the explanation on the armie is a good excuse to have a good close-up.

another thing that would be great is to see them some time in a different location, your table is great looking, but after some videos I would really like to see soething else.

I hope this help you.

Tau'va.

Vior'los Noel
Shas

Post#3 » Jun 08 2016 04:08

Hey there! Cheers for the comments and suggestions. It's not my channel but I'll pass this on to the guy who hosts this channel with your suggestions.

Happy hunting and Tau'va!

Glassjaw
Shas

Post#4 » Jun 08 2016 04:15

I happened to be watching that report as I opened this thread!

Your models are well painted and I'll enjoy seeing them in more battles. It was a good battle rep as well, in presentation as well as content! And shout out to the ghostkeel holding its own in combat.

The effects that are put on were good as well, for killpoints and objectives.

It seemed your ability to ignore cover saves really helped in this match.

Look forward to seeing more!
dakka dakka dakka

Vior'los Noel
Shas

Post#5 » Jun 08 2016 06:47

Cheers dude! Glad you enjoyed watching it - it was an insane game to play and great fun.

I'll be back on the channel again soon so stay tuned and I'll post it up when it's live.

Yeah, when playing against that Ravenwing need to get in as much "ignores cover" as possible cause their re-rollable jink save is just filthy otherwise!

Loved that the Ghostkeels held their own for a while too. It's easy to forget being Tau that our monstrous creature units can actually do well in close combat - even against some elite squads like the black Knights! AP2 attacks are brutal and we don't get many of them!

Thanks again for the watch and comment.

Tau'va

miallih
Shas

Post#6 » Jun 19 2016 07:28

Nice to watch, a bit long but good :)enjoyed that !

ShasODerpy
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Jun 19 2016 10:15

Solid painting on both sides, really had my imagination rolling over for a bit :)
A fun watch.

-Derp
Shas'O 50mm, the Foresighted
WIP Tau

Return to “Battle Reports”