1850 - Farsight Enclaves vs Necrons

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Vior'los Noel
Shas

1850 - Farsight Enclaves vs Necrons

Post#1 » Aug 01 2016 09:04

Hi again!

So next up I'd like to humbly submit the video logs from my latest engagement against the Necrons.

Hope you enjoy and glean insight from this encounter in your next engagements against the metallic tides! Any comments welcome and hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/RbNGlQvEW9I

Tau'va

Glassjaw
Shas

Re: 1850 - Farsight Enclaves vs Necrons

Post#2 » Aug 02 2016 06:11

I'm part way through it and having watched your previous matches I just love your cadre, they all look awesome!

Shame you wasted the plasma fire on the command barge, I'll have more to say when I finish watching and contemplating the futility of existence.
dakka dakka dakka

Vior'los Noel
Shas

Post#3 » Aug 02 2016 12:04

Cheers dude!

Glad you like em. It was a labour of love building and painting my cadre. Yeah it was my first proper outing against Necrons and didn't realise about that AV13 upgrade!

Still it was a good game. I had fun going up against Necrons and I was a little daunted at first on how they would fair.

Look forward to any further comments and suggestions for the next encounter against the metal tide!

Tau'va

Glassjaw
Shas

Post#4 » Aug 02 2016 03:42

I have finished watching!

Overall you seem to have had bad luck rolling.

At around the 35 minute mark when the tomb blades charged your crisis suit, you only fired one weapon. Multitracker works on overwatch so you should have had 4 shots instead of 2.

Are wraiths T5 or T4?

Good game, lots of action, lots of close combat tau! Nice to see the fusion blades in action for once.
dakka dakka dakka

Vior'los Noel
Shas

Post#5 » Aug 03 2016 01:24

Glad you enjoyed it dude - and hopefully not got to down in your contemplations! :D

Yeah I find the dice gods never really go in my favour all that much but there wasn't anything too hideous on that front on this battle report!

Good spot on the overwatch! I forgot about the fact he was in rapid fire range! I'm not completely sure about Necrons but I have it reliably informed that they are indeed T5! They are scary units to the down but I'm glad my Ghostkeels held there own against them and if it wasn't for his Praetorians they would of easily held up against them imho...

I really loved using the fusion blades, it was my first outing with them and I can't wait to use them again! 5 X S8 AP1 attacks at initiative on a charge! Hard not to kick some ass! Although I missed a trick as forcing those praetorians for a blind test may have seen me wipe them out... Oh well next time eh!

Thanks again for your comments man. Happy hunting and Tau'va!

Glassjaw
Shas

Post#6 » Aug 03 2016 03:07

I will be adding a fusion blades commander to my enclaves, except I'll need to find a way to give him iridium and maybe a shield generator.

Yeah the blind test may have come in handy, necrons being an army who's initiative is low enough for it to be effective.

Your Ghostkeels did well to tie them up, it would have been better for them to be running around shooting but I think your decision to tie them up to let the backfield gun line survive a bit longer was a good one.

And it was a shame you couldn't deploy the commander at his overlord, your deepstrike was a bit out of the way but again due to the terrain and how he was packed in I think again, your decision to avoid he mishap was probably good.
dakka dakka dakka

Illuria
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Aug 03 2016 03:44

Great vid, I'll definitely be checking some others out on your channel as I thoroughly enjoyed this report. I like your style, and both your attitudes towards the game are great. There was little rulemongering, a lot of friendly cameraderie, I especially noticed when your opponent allowed you to take two dice that showed 6s but could have been argued cocked (if it's a debate, I usually try to balance another dice on top of them, if it falls off they're cocked), because (I assume) the rest of the roll was a bit pants and the game was starting to go his way.

Fusion Blades Iridium Commander is a REALLY nice build, it's one of a few Commander builds that I think work well - Mark'O, Buff'O and this guy for ruining backline HQs. I'm thinking of trying to kitbash one myself by cutting up some of the blue coloured transparent walls of the Tidewall sets, and I'm looking forward to Deepstriking onto my friend's Chimera, popping it open with the Fusion Blaster then charging the Command Squad and challenging his warlord.

Vior'los Noel
Shas

Post#8 » Aug 03 2016 06:21

Hey Illuria!

Glad you liked the batrep! It's a friends channel but I love playing on it as its a competitive but friendly style of play. I think to be fair the best way to play is not to get hung up on stuff. We all want to win but when it comes at the expense of having fun and a laugh then it sucks the joy out of what we do this hobby for.

Check out his other batreps as there awesome and it's a great channel for the hobby. The Golden Daemon showcase series is epic!

I'll definitely be fielding the iridium blades set up again in the future as I think he has great potential to wreak some serious havoc! Would love to see how your kit bash goes with the tide wall parts! Sounds awesome.

Not sure if you have him but for popping tanks I couldn't recommended Farsight himself enough! With a squad of xv8's for support, non scatter deepstriking, fusion crisis melting stuff galore and Farsight popping tanks like a knife through butter is great fun!

Enjoy and Tau'va

Kindrin
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Aug 03 2016 09:47

It's always great to see how other people play and good on you for being willing to share it online.

To start, I like how you shifted your battle plans at the beginning to maximize your victory points although I think it left you out of position to go for the primary objective (Necron pylon). I couldn't tell from the camera angle but it looked like you spread your forces over a long battle line when your retaliation cadre came in (including the crisis suits close to the pylon). I think he assaulted four or five of your units at the start of turn three and that slowed your advance. An option might have been to drop in your zone to focus fire on the wraiths and chariot or go into his and split his forces. That or use your assault move fall back towards your lines.

Here are some additional thoughts:
-I really like the commander with fusion blades, just remember to give him a shield generator (I don't recall him having one).
-The positional relays are nice but don't feel that you have to drop everything in clump around them. The fusion blasters could have gone for the chariot and if dropped within 2" of the chariot would still be within melta range even with a 7" scatter.
-When I use a squad of one or two suits, I prefer fusion blasters or missile pods and either play in their face or at long range (compared to the short- to mid-range effectiveness of plasma rifles).

Let us know when when you'll be in another video.

Vior'los Noel
Shas

Post#10 » Aug 09 2016 06:42

Hey Kindrin! Thanks for the comments. Really appreciated.

Can't remember the names for deployment offhand but we started on the shorter edges of the board. When my retaliation cadre dropped it did look like a long line as my Ghostkeels had moved up to try and support them dropping in as I knew they'd be getting some heat. I attempted to get my opponent to split his forces to attack me hoping that I may be able to achieve more casualties but the pesky Reanimation Protocol thing hampered me somewhat!

My commander did have Stims but I agree that maybe a jiggle around with points to give him the shield generator may have been more effective, something I'll have to try out next round!

I'll be sure to post the next video up on here guys. Thanks again and keep those comments coming!

Tau'va

Return to “Battle Reports”