Farsight Enclaves vs Grey Knights 2000 pts

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Vash
Shas'Ui

Farsight Enclaves vs Grey Knights 2000 pts

Post#1 » Mar 10 2017 06:13

Hello fellow warriors,

Been a long time since I was active here. Moved abroad, got new job, moved again, etc etc.
But in between I have been gaming of course.
Last time I used my Tau actively was one year ago in Germany. When I came home to Sweden, I shelved them as other armies had to come out and play.
Until now, a former Tau player (older codex) wanted to see what the fuzz was about. So he challenged my Tau, err hm, Farsight Enclaves.
I am currently trying to record as many battles as possible. And while I do so, not all are good enough for editing (missing clips and so on).
But this game I succeeded in getting all the material I needed.
I'll keep more coming if there is interest for it. Bare in mind I am fairly new to this with editing video battle reports and my style isn't the usual "talk you through it" for 1 hour and a half. I aim for 15-25 minutes battle reports, showing only the summary of the phases (no dice rolls).
Also, my voice (in my belief) isn't youtube optimal :) So I keep it without my voice. So basically its a show with text and background music.
Anyhow, hope it gets approved by some. My Deathwatch video reports have been well received so far.

Link to Battle report below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpQ2S4uUd1U&t=248s

Tael
Fio'O

Re: Farsight Enclaves vs Grey Knights 2000 pts

Post#2 » Mar 11 2017 05:59

That was well put together, what video platform are you using to compile the edits?

Watcher on the wall
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Mar 12 2017 11:19

Honestly onebof the best battle reports I've seen, content and presentation-wise. I really like.shorter videos, it makes them a lot easier to watch without skipping any of the essentials.
Keep them coming!

Vash
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Mar 12 2017 06:04

Thanks. Great to heat that my fellow Tau players enjoy.
I'll keep them coming as I get game going. Its pretty hard with this list though. Most players are not used to this kind of list. It hits fairly hard and is hard to catch. So its not always fun for my opponents to play against it. I'll see if I can get some games vs Eldar or some other hard core gamers.

@ Teal
I am using Final Cut Pro of my editing. There are better editing programs out there, but I am familiar with iMovies so the transition to Final Cut Pro was a natural choice for me.
I am pretty restricted to what I can do with the editing, but my skills are not really professional so having these preset guidelines are good for me at the moment.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#5 » Mar 14 2017 05:29

interesting feedback on Final Cut, hadn't thought of it that way actually.
It hits fairly hard and is hard to catch.

Well now, that just sounds about right for a Tau Cadre.. ;)

Vash
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Mar 16 2017 02:05

Give it a try mate. Final Cut pro is easy to use if you know how to use iMovie.

Concerning the Tau "hitting hard and hard to catch". I guess the casual gamers I have a chance to battle are not used to the dodgy tactics the Tau can muster.
And my old friends (gaming 22 or more years now) are not able to keep up with the formations and other shenanigans :D So I am stuck with shelving the Tau until I can find a group that can handle them.

There is of course another group (several in fact) but they are on a high competition level of gaming. I am not really there yet.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#7 » Mar 16 2017 07:04

Will do, using Adobe gear presently - but editing a casual short is groan inducing (pour out all the milk for a glass, then pour remainder back in).

iMovie is fun, but it is a gated play pen. (this coming from 20yrs MAC vet)

As for games with long time club friends - best keep that relationship solid - you can often have great skirmish games with Rule of Cool than among competition edge finding comp gamers. But I can understand your consternation; this whole formations thing is weird to me too. It was very much an EPIC 40K thing, now i the 28mm scale? haha.

I like small unit skirmish fights, more intense. Good to hear you've got access to all sorts of communities though :D

Vash
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Mar 18 2017 10:03

Adobe gear. I'll take a look at that. Alway looking at alternatives and to learn more.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#9 » Mar 22 2017 07:50

Well not, Adobe 'Gear', should have clarified - Adobe Premier Pro ;)

Return to “Battle Reports”