Mission 407

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Mission 407

Post#1 » May 02 2017 06:21

Explanation: My gaming group of about 10 players (2 Tau, Space Marines, Cadia, Ad Mech, Grey Knights, Tyranids, Necrons, Dark Eldar) was mostly playing just random missions with really small fluff and narrative. IMO, narrative play is really interesting and my primary interest is to make stories, designs for intros and narrative battle reports. I must admit that the reports I saw on the internet, just writing down the lists, moves and shooting, is super uninteresting and boring. That's why I'm trying to make some story around the missions and describe the reports in a more "poetic" way. One more thing, right now I play just KT HoR because I don't have enough points for WH, but now I gathered around 600 points so will try a 2v2 mini narrative campaign with my comrades. That's the designs I made to start the mission, mostly gathered stuff from the internet and put it together.

Please tell me what you think. We are planning to play the first battle this weekend.

MISSION 407:

1st log: TAU - Battleship Twin Star, Vior'la sept, in Reconnaissance mission.

2nd log: AD MECH - Transmission to Inquisitor Cornelius

Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Re: Mission 407

Post#2 » May 06 2017 05:52

3rd log: SPACE MARINES - We are heading back in the timeline with Sergeant Ocimum log that describes the first days after the landing on Lub'grahl. It seems that the battle will occur on Crimson ridge peninsula.

Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » May 10 2017 10:38

4th log: THE MAP - Today we finally see the mission map. After the Space Marines have landed and built a stronghold, they commenced the attack on the Tau defensive position. Days of fierce battle against the well fortified Tau troops decimated the Space Marines forces so they asked for help (see log 2 AdMech). They also find out that they fought against "f**king red Tau". One Fire Warrior, after hours of torturing revealed that they were part of a so-called Farsight enclave, until then unknown to the Imperium of Man archives. Not that this fact changed a lot in the Space Marines plans, but the Emperors army analyst took the information with a lot of enthusiasm.

So far the Tau defensive spots was eradicated, but just after the enter of a Dreadnought contingent. The Marines troops then started to head towards the main Tau fortress, while the AdMech forces arrived in time to join the Marines for the final attack. But then, on the far side of the sky, a little spark shone and in time became more and more visible, and bigger. The sensors revealed that a Tau battleship is advancing towards the Tau fortress and starting to land troops.

It was clear, this will be a bloody battle.

Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » May 15 2017 05:59

5th log: VIOR'LA
The Captain of the Battleship Twin Star share his thoughts on some incredible news. His vessel spotted a Tau colony that called themselves part of Farsight enclave. They named themselves by the traitor, but since a battle was raging and the Tau on Lub'grahl called for assistance, he put apart everything and launched his troops to support the attacked Tau forces, but with a promise that he will investigate after the battle. This was the first contact with the Farsight enclaves colonies.

Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » May 15 2017 06:11

6th log: OFFICIO ASSASSINORUM
On the other side of the belligerent forces we find out that an Assassin is coming on Lub'grahl with the AdMech forces to investigate. I made 5 missions for the Assassin, their titles is in parenthesis on the picture below. The Assassin player will secretly roll a d6 and get two missions to gain more victory points.

The missions:

1. Critical target - Eliminate the Ethereal. VP 1

2. Infiltration - End the enemy turn inside 6" of the edge of the table on the opposite of your deployement. VP 1

3. Inspection - end your turn inside 3" of objective markers 1, 2 or 3. Roll d3 to determine the objective VP 1

4. Gather intel - End your turn inside 3" of the destroyed tank. You enter the tank and at the start of your next turn you repair it. It can move 12" on every turn but can't shoot. The mission is to reach the edge of the deployment zone and escape the battlefield. VP 2

5. Destroy - The Assasin must end his turn inside 3" of a Tau facility with a support of one unit. He enter the facility and removes from the map. He exit the facility at the start of his next turn with important intel while the facility becomes a ruin. VP 1

Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » May 15 2017 06:21

The battle occurred and the Tau forces literally destroyed the attackers. We played mission Desperate assault from the Planetary onslaught book. Vior'la and AdMech entered the game as reserves at the start of the 2nd round (to depict the facts occurring on the planet). Space Marines and Farsight each had 1200 points, Vior'la and AdMech each 800. The result at the endm after sex rounds was 15:1 for Tau (mostly because unlucky rolls at the start and some balance issues due to my inexperience, but this is a test mini campaign so it's ok :D ).

Here is a couple of photos from the fight. I will post a bigger report these days. We didn't have Tau buildings so we put what we have, Imperial ones. Since this was once an Imperial planet I think it's ok :)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#7 » May 16 2017 09:46

Oh man, very nice setup and looks like a fun if brutal game for some. The artwork is great, I used to sketch up maps and diagrams many years ago. Defintely a big influence on me getting into Graphic Design.

You group sounds a lot like mine did back then too. Nice diverse mix, and story driven campaigns are far better, I remember every battle except the one of games against random player at FLGS.

top stuff, looking forward to more!

Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » May 17 2017 03:24

Tael wrote:Oh man, very nice setup and looks like a fun if brutal game for some. The artwork is great, I used to sketch up maps and diagrams many years ago. Defintely a big influence on me getting into Graphic Design.

You group sounds a lot like mine did back then too. Nice diverse mix, and story driven campaigns are far better, I remember every battle except the one of games against random player at FLGS.

top stuff, looking forward to more!

Thanks man, I really appreciate your words. We are looking forward to the next battle that will be a retaliation one of IoM forces, but now in a more balanced mission. :D

Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jul 05 2017 03:42

Since all of us were busy for work in the last couple of months, and we don't know when all of us will gather again to end the mission AND 8th edition came out in the meanwhile, we somehow agreed that the mission is over with a brilliant win of the Tau forces.

The Vior'la forces helped the exiled Farsighters that was absolutely against the Ethereal orders. The expeditionary forces of the battleship Twin Star agreed on something that could cost the lives of all of them. They slayed the Ethereal that wanted to inform the high council of their deeds and Lub'Grahl and bonded themselves under a ritual that what happened an this planet will be a secret forever.

From that point on, the battleship Twin Star's forces and the Farsight enclaves were secretly friends and allies, but the high council will never know about it.

To end the mission, the Imperium of Man published an official document that states that the events on Lub'Grahl will be known as "The Massacre of Lub'Grahl". That's it :)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#10 » Jul 13 2017 12:15

MIssed this somehow, top stuff, throwing down the proverbial gauntlet. How goes the campaign!? :D

Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Jul 17 2017 05:48

Tael wrote:MIssed this somehow, top stuff, throwing down the proverbial gauntlet. How goes the campaign!? :D

Thanks! The campaign ended because in the meanwhile the 8th edition was published and we were unable to gahter together again to continue the campaign. This was just a test for a big campaign that I'm planning with a sector map and other fluffy stuff.

Return to “Battle Reports”