Please link 8th edition video battle reports here

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
deathboon
Shas'Saal

Please link 8th edition video battle reports here

Post#1 » Jun 04 2017 05:58

Hey ATT folks, I'm starting this thread as a place we can link video battle reports as we create or find them. I'll try and stay on top of copying each link into this post. Please only T'au battle reports (it's what we come here for after all).

Tau vs KDK turn summary
Miniwargaming T'au vs Dark Angels full battle report
Glacial Geek T'au vs Dark Angels full battle report
Last edited by deathboon on Jun 05 2017 11:21, edited 2 times in total.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Please link 8th edition video battle reports here

Post#2 » Jun 04 2017 06:33

Please also say whether it's a full batrep or just a turn summary one. I really don't feel like wasting my time watching turn summaries. ;)

deathboon
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jun 04 2017 07:16

Sorry Panzer, I didn't have time when I posted the thread, but I meant to put in a description. It's fixed now.

Drakshaa
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jun 05 2017 06:22

Miniwargaming T'au vs Dark Angels full battle report

Some rules mistakes and weird loadout choices but did give a general impression of how 8th ed Tau might be.

Glacial Geek T'au vs Dark Angels full battle report

Much more conventional list this one. Super suit heavy. Did mess up the overwatch rules though which did probably change the result. On the other hand the interaction between flamers and being able to retreat from combat was awesome. Get auto hitting shooting, then overwatch. Withdraw from combat auto hit and then overwatch again.

Lysenis
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jun 07 2017 08:01

https://youtu.be/L4I1LBsrdQk

Found this in my search. Basic stuff but still another report

Raikoh067
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Jun 07 2017 09:13

Another important thing to note with the links is if it's Power Levels or Points. I'm not interested in watching power level games as much as I am standard points ones. Just an idea.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jun 07 2017 10:50

Just a heads up: The T'au vs Khorne Daemon match is about to begin on the Warhammer Twitch channel.

Kunas Ka
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jun 07 2017 01:42

If you want to see a great game watch that official warhammer channel game that Panzer is talking about. Very tense game that gives me hope

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jun 07 2017 01:46

It actually just ended. T'au pretty much tabled the Khorne army (mainly daemons with a unit of Berzerkers in a Rhino).

The HRR Broadside and the Crisis were pretty good in that game.

Pyropower
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jun 07 2017 01:49

It was a good match, very lucky with the broadside but I am not seeing the aforementioned doom and gloom so far

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Jun 07 2017 02:01

Yeah and it was for once a list like you'd expect to see in 8th I'd say. Not pure battlesuit but not pure infantry either. Strike Teams, Breacher Team in Devilfish, some Drones and supported by Crisis, Broadside and Commander.

Kunas Ka
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Jun 07 2017 02:16

The flamers were very good in this game. It was an all assault army to be fair but even so they put out a lot of wounds. I'm not sure this game was a good indication of broadsides as he basically just rolled 6 followed by another 6 twice. That will not happen very often. Breachers were pretty good as well.

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Jun 07 2017 03:17

Did anyone happen to record it? I missed it and don't feel like ponying up $5 to go see the replay

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#14 » Jun 07 2017 03:18

Kunas Ka wrote:The flamers were very good in this game. It was an all assault army to be fair but even so they put out a lot of wounds. I'm not sure this game was a good indication of broadsides as he basically just rolled 6 followed by another 6 twice. That will not happen very often. Breachers were pretty good as well.

It is a game of luck - and by Falling Back to give himself a second round of overwatch he did increase those chances. I think the Khorne player had burned his re-roll for the phase elsewhere so when he failed that Invulnerable save the odds of dying are higher than you might think - after all a bad roll on the damage dice can be re-rolled. Lucky but not freakishly lucky.

Breachers looked better than I expected, those guys in a Devilfish do look pretty sweet. Coldstar looks like 1 VP in the bank from Linebreaker unless an opponent can find a way to stop it.

As for kroot screens, I think I will be wanting at least 2 units of kroot for screening and tying up transports. It is back to how I played my early kroot-heavy armies of not trying to totally avoid assault so much as trying to disrupt it so that assaults are spread out over 2 or three turns to reduce the impact and maximise overwatch.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Jun 07 2017 03:33

Kunas Ka wrote:The flamers were very good in this game. It was an all assault army to be fair but even so they put out a lot of wounds. I'm not sure this game was a good indication of broadsides as he basically just rolled 6 followed by another 6 twice. That will not happen very often. Breachers were pretty good as well.

Yeah it was an all assault army without Psychic powers which definitely took some pressure off the Tau player the first turn. However he also had no Markerlights in his army so it wasn't like he was playing an optimised list either. :D

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Jun 07 2017 03:37

nic wrote:As for kroot screens, I think I will be wanting at least 2 units of kroot for screening and tying up transports. It is back to how I played my early kroot-heavy armies of not trying to totally avoid assault so much as trying to disrupt it so that assaults are spread out over 2 or three turns to reduce the impact and maximise overwatch.

I still think it's worth to invest the 2ppm more for T4 a 4+ armor and 4 S5 shots to be honest. The scout move is nice but not that much needed unless maybe you play against a list with many reserves and don't get the first turn.

Although I wish the Shaper were a HQ so I could play around with a full Kroot army for *BAD WORD DELETED!* and giggles. :D

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Jun 08 2017 11:44

Pyropower
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Jun 08 2017 07:22

Apparently there is a Tau vs Nids batrep in the miniwargaming vault from today

Return to “Battle Reports”