Kunas Ka
Shas'Saal

Re: Please link 8th edition video battle reports here

Post#56 » Jul 05 2017 08:16

Drakshaa
Shas'Saal

Post#57 » Jul 10 2017 10:10

Miniwargaming did T'au finally. Warning it's not Matt but the Cullen guy who doesn't really seem to know how to play. It's a bit harsh but that's what it looks like.

T'au Vs Space Marines

https://youtu.be/BnubvfROcAs

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#58 » Jul 10 2017 10:41

Eh, not interested if it's that guy. He is not entertaining and doesn't know a thing about playing T'au. I'd rather spend my time otherwise.

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#59 » Jul 10 2017 12:16

Panzer wrote:Eh, not interested if it's that guy. He is not entertaining and doesn't know a thing about playing T'au. I'd rather spend my time otherwise.

I've watched it. Some interesting points:
- Didn't put his Pathfinders into cover
- Moved them during the game, leaving them exposed (lucky him the SM player didn't shoot at them for whole 2 turns)
- Shot markerlights at bikes at BS6+ (he though Pathfinders were base BS5+ up to half game)
- The SM player forgot his captain had an Iron Halo and died to plasma
- Thought the embarked drones had to shoot at the closest enemy and used the Drones' BS
- Spent his plasma crisis on two 1-wound left Predators instead of using his Breachers (which had nothing to shoot when he activated them) instead of going to the Thunderfire Cannon

Also, they've filmed that 2 weeks ago (look in the comments), so I guess they're still dumping old videos. It's mentioned more Tau videos (some with Matt) are in the queue.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#60 » Jul 10 2017 12:29

Vector Strike wrote:
Panzer wrote:Eh, not interested if it's that guy. He is not entertaining and doesn't know a thing about playing T'au. I'd rather spend my time otherwise.

- Moved them during the game, leaving them exposed (lucky him the SM player didn't shoot at them for whole 2 turns)
- Shot markerlights at bikes at BS6+ (he though Pathfinders were base BS5+ up to half game)
- Thought the embarked drones had to shoot at the closest enemy and used the Drones' BS
- Spent his plasma crisis on two 1-wound left Predators instead of using his Breachers (which had nothing to shoot when he activated them) instead of going to the Thunderfire Cannon

Also, they've filmed that 2 weeks ago (look in the comments), so I guess they're still dumping old videos. It's mentioned more Tau videos (some with Matt) are in the queue.

Yeah good thing I didn't watch it after all. :D

I honestly don't like Matts batreps but at this point I'll gladly take them over those. Too bad Dave hates playing against T'au...those are almost the only ones I actually enjoy watching.

Drakshaa
Shas'Saal

Post#61 » Jul 10 2017 01:16

Panzer wrote:
Vector Strike wrote:

I honestly don't like Matts batreps but at this point I'll gladly take them over those. Too bad Dave hates playing against T'au...those are almost the only ones I actually enjoy watching.

I always feel that Miniwargaming is like really cheap fast food. It doesn't taste good but its convenient so sometimes you just go for it. Tabletop Tactics is where its at though. The most recent T'au game didn't go well but hes said hes working on it.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#62 » Jul 10 2017 01:41

Drakshaa wrote:
Panzer wrote:
Vector Strike wrote:

I always feel that Miniwargaming is like really cheap fast food. It doesn't taste good but its convenient so sometimes you just go for it. Tabletop Tactics is where its at though. The most recent T'au game didn't go well but hes said hes working on it.

I disagree. Tabletop tactics are okay-ish but definitely not my go-to channel.
Miniwargaming is more like a place where the quality of the food depends heavily on the cook who is working there that day. It can be good, it can be terrible, it can be annoying af, it can be hilariously good. They have it all and sometimes one of the cooks is working for 3 weeks straight there and you just don't get the chance to eat the good food. :D

Sheeb
Shas'Saal

Post#63 » Jul 10 2017 03:32

For me it's a time commitment thing. MWG is nice because they are fast with their editing. Tabletop tactics could use quite a bit of trimming imho to bring their videos to be under 1 hour at least!

When I used to do Warhammer Fantasy battle reports I would try to keep it under 15 mins. People get bored fast and you need to keep them engaged. Do you need to see every roll? Some ppl like it, others want recap style. So i'm glad that there is a market when viewers can watch the style that best suits their battle report needs.

Drakshaa
Shas'Saal

Post#64 » Jul 10 2017 07:27

Sheeb wrote:For me it's a time commitment thing. MWG is nice because they are fast with their editing. Tabletop tactics could use quite a bit of trimming imho to bring their videos to be under 1 hour at least!

When I used to do Warhammer Fantasy battle reports I would try to keep it under 15 mins. People get bored fast and you need to keep them engaged. Do you need to see every roll? Some ppl like it, others want recap style. So i'm glad that there is a market when viewers can watch the style that best suits their battle report needs.

I like using battle reports as background noise for reading or model assembly so the slower pace of Tabletop Tactics suits me well. But to each their own.

Am I correct in thinking that we still haven't got a professional or semi professional battle report video of anyone running what the current forum consensus considers to be an optimum configuration, like the stealth suits commander/flamer drop?

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#65 » Jul 12 2017 10:38

Tau vs BA 1500p - all rolls style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0j8Ky-qdBc

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#66 » Jul 13 2017 02:37

Vector Strike wrote:Tau vs BA 1500p - all rolls style

That was actually a quite nice batrep for once. Good find!

Ted the Tau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#67 » Jul 13 2017 06:33

Panzer wrote:
Vector Strike wrote:Tau vs BA 1500p - all rolls style

That was actually a quite nice batrep for once. Good find!

Indeed, I'm gonna subscribe to these guys!

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#68 » Jul 14 2017 09:09

Tau vs Space Wolves - 56 Power Level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDJ9MOTmUaA

Shas[O]Udas
Shas

Post#69 » Jul 27 2017 08:31

knute
Shas'Saal

Post#70 » Aug 01 2017 08:26

I posted the link to the video bat rep of the final round of the Bay Area Open here:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=26226

Tau v. IG, 2000 points.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#71 » Aug 09 2017 05:43

FLG T'au vs new Space Marines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pm4PtFnjrY

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#72 » Dec 03 2017 07:46