Tau tanks VS Devistator Squads 1000p

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Dark Hope
Gue'La
Gue'La

Tau tanks VS Devistator Squads 1000p

Post#1 » Jul 14 2017 06:37

Ran a quick 1000 point game that went insanely well today.

I ran:
Longstrike with RG and SMS
Hammerhead with RG and GD
Hammerhead with IC and GD
Skyray with GD
Razorshark
8 pathfinder + 2 with rail rifles

He ran:
A ton of devistator squads all with a las cannon and heavy bolters, plus a few random regular bolters.
A squad of terminators with thunder hammers
One of those helicopter things with heavy bolters and missiles

He stole initiative which honestly terrified me because of all the las cannons. RNGesus loves me though and only one did damage to my tanks. I lost 7 pathfinders and took 3 damage on a hammerhead.

I immediately pointed laser pointers at 2 devistator squads. I used my skyray to Insta nuke one unit of devistators. The second squad I shot up all but two. I shot another unit down to al but 1. I used my skyray to charge the unit of 2 to tie up the heavy fire, and actually succeeded in killing one in melee combat (lul).

Second round he deep striked his terminators and flew his helicopter on. I took a lot of fire on my razorshark, but only took 2 wounds. He failed his terminators charge. I took minimal damage, no casualties.

I focused fire on his terminators, an easy task with the seeker missiles on my hammerhead.

For the rest of the game he focused on my razorshark while I pegged away at his few remaining devistators in cover, they died slowly but surely to my rail guns and rail rifles.

I was expecting to lose the game against so many devistators, but it was quite the opposite. I didn't lose a single tank. This is the second time now where launching loads of seeker missiles early game gave me an overwhelming victory.
If kroot eat orks, doesn't that make them omvivores?

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Tau tanks VS Devistator Squads 1000p

Post#2 » Jul 15 2017 03:43

And here I was thinking skyrays were worthless! :D RNGesus was most certainly on your side. Luckily my hammerhead turret is unglued! How did you find the razorshark in terms of performance?

Dark Hope
Gue'La
Gue'La

Re: Tau tanks VS Devistator Squads 1000p

Post#3 » Jul 15 2017 10:14

SniperTau wrote:And here I was thinking skyrays were worthless! :D RNGesus was most certainly on your side. Luckily my hammerhead turret is unglued! How did you find the razorshark in terms of performance?

Skyrays are great to unload missiles and tie up others in melee. I use that strategy in all my games now.

The razorshark performed alright. It's got 12 wounds, and the -1 to hit and 4+ save is great. If you're shooting a unit without flying it hits on 3+, so a ML gives it pretty reliable accuracy. The overcharge is amazing, just save a command point in case you roll low on the d6 attacks. They can really hurt tanks at a d3 damage per wound. Honestly though I've decided to replace it with 2 piranhas.
If kroot eat orks, doesn't that make them omvivores?

Return to “Battle Reports”