ATC 40k Results

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Glarblar
Shas'Saal

ATC 40k Results

Post#1 » Jul 18 2017 03:46

There were a little over 200 players playing different armies. I'm not sure how the points were accumulated but I added them up per army.
Then counted number of players playing said army and divided it out.

You will notice the 'Count' is highlighted indicating statistical significance (more plays = greener)

Then on the Right you will notice 2 methods for calculating Standard deviation. Green is the mean, yellow is 1 STD, Orange is 2
Avg pts: uses the average points column to calculate mean and StDev
Player: uses all the players (200+ records) to calculate (for reference, to granular to interpret, probably should not have included)

Take Aways:
Tau - Middle of the pack in terms of WR with a solid # of records.
Top of the List - Daemons, Eldar, Space Marines
Bottom of the List - Chaos, Tyranids, Orks (maybe Spacewolves and Admech

Raw data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: ATC 40k Results

Post#2 » Jul 18 2017 07:34

Daemons and Eldar still at the top, and Orks, Tyranids, and Chaos Space Marines still at the bottom? Was this tournament 7th Edition?

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 18 2017 09:33

No, it was 8th, rules stipulated certain formation restrictions per army

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Jul 18 2017 10:25

Glarblar wrote:No, it was 8th, rules stipulated certain formation restrictions per army

I was just surprised that we're seeing (many of) the same armies at the top, and at the bottom. I bet Tyranid and Ork players will be annoyed.

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jul 18 2017 10:27

Just a quick offtopic note:
"PLEASE NOTE: ATC wil NOT be using Under Strength Units form the GW FAQ. Minimum unit sizes MUST be adhered to."

And they played using normal VPs which isn't good for our drones...

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jul 19 2017 12:35

AdMech and Tyranids being so far down is hard to believe. I blame it on them still trying out new lists and not having all the models available they'd like to use.
Anyway it's still great to see that T'au are in the middle of the field. That mirrors pretty well how I feel about our armies strength compared to the other Indexes.

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jul 19 2017 01:14

I've had some games with 8th now in a professional manner and all I have to ask is. Did they do the lowest amount of units deployed goes first all the time thing?

Honestly I find the base game has a huge alpha strike problem and it honestly feels random and like no skill comes into play other than making a good list, getting lucky on deploy, and then getting lucky to alpha strike.

Honestly from every single tournament we've seen such wild deviations of "who is on top" I think we need to start looking for the core issues leading to such a heavily random meta.

Edit
Also this tournament appears to have been a team format. So that should also be factored in.

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jul 19 2017 08:39

Top 2 Tau Lists
2000 points each

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxYfpW ... sp=sharing
Limited to Battalion, 3 in total
Max commanders and SMU fire warriors
2 Fusion Blaster Commanders and 7 MP/ATS commanders

Limited to Vanguard
3 Stealth Teams, 2 Crisis teams (MPs/Flamer), 2 Ghostkeels

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#9 » Jul 19 2017 01:05

Team tournaments are weird and even more spammy than normal tournaments. The winning team had two Stormraven spam lists - only really differing by which chapter they were played as.

It tells us what is currently spammable and therefore almost certainly in need of a tweak by GW but I am not sure it tells us much about more typical play situations.

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jul 19 2017 01:19

Agreed,

I believe it just gives us a relative power rating for the armies (assuming there is a decent # of lists played (so not Sisters or Harlequins). And which unit configurations are on the powerful side

Iron-Fist
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#11 » Aug 17 2017 05:00

Glarblar wrote:Top 2 Tau Lists
2000 points each

Limited to Battalion, 3 in total
Max commanders and SMU fire warriors
2 Fusion Blaster Commanders and 7 MP/ATS commanders

Limited to Vanguard
3 Stealth Teams, 2 Crisis teams (MPs/Flamer), 2 Ghostkeels

The battalion list I can understand, really maximizing volume of accurate missiles with some decent s5 dakka in the troop slots, probably did great against flyer spam. The vanguard lost though... what is up with all the mixed message suits/commanders? Weird weird set up, I'd be interested to see how it played.
Augmented Puretide Council
The Tau Deathstar 2015: 8-1

Return to “Battle Reports”