Tau litterally kick two Hormagaunts to death in melee.

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Tau litterally kick two Hormagaunts to death in melee.

Post#1 » Aug 07 2017 11:07

OK. Today I did a quick battle against my friend (using three warriors and 20 Hormaguants) and managed to do one, very awsome thing. I got into melee with two Hormagaunts, survived, and also killed those two tyranids. Anyway, the shooting phase involved me using literal bucketfuls of dakka (which only killed 18 of the 20 nids). I then (unfortunately) managed to get into melee with the surviving Nids. The warriors were out of charge range (more than 12") and could not attack in that turn. I didn't hit anything in overwatch, and the warriors had taken out three of the five breachers that the Nid charge was targeting. In the initial stage, one of the two remaining breachers was killed. Then, I got my attacks. My single breacher, aided by the Strike Team 1" behind him kicked the two gaunts to death. After that, we were kicked off the table, and I didn't get to take out the warriors. But I will renember this battle for years to come...below is my list I used:

Me:
HQ: Commander Crisis with 2x Cyclic Ion Blasters, 1x Advanced Targeting Systme & 1x Burst Cannon. Aided by Forge world Technical Drone

Troops:5x Breachers, 4x Strike with pulse rifles, 1x Strike with pulse carbine. Strike aided by 1x Guardian Drone

Fast Attack: 4x Pathfinders with Pulse carbines, 2x Pathfinders with ion rifles. Marker Drone Assist

Tyranid Player:
HQ: None

Elites: 2x Warrior with Barbed Strangler, 1x Warrior with Venom Cannon

Troops: 20x Hormagaunts with Scything claws
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

Knives
Shas'Saal

Re: Tau litterally kick two Hormagaunts to death in melee.

Post#2 » Aug 07 2017 11:35

You should promote them and make them special some how. Tyranid claw bonding knives.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Aug 07 2017 11:45

Nice kills for those Shas'la! If you remember which models actually got the kills, maybe give them Tyranid battle-trophies from your friend's bits box or otherwise mark them out!

I'll mention, though, that your friend's list is elegantly streamlined for such a low points value. Must have been a fun game!

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Aug 08 2017 01:30

Arka0415 wrote:Nice kills for those Shas'la! If you remember which models actually got the kills, maybe give them Tyranid battle-trophies from your friend's bits box or otherwise mark them out!

I'll mention, though, that your friend's list is elegantly streamlined for such a low points value. Must have been a fun game!

Yeah it was. Usually a regular group comes into the store and kicks uss off. But this time they actually watched me finish off the hormagaunts before congratulating me, and then kicking my group off the table. They usually have it booked for that time slot. I don't mind, and they aren't really unkind about it.

As for the bit about shas'la, there were two shas'ui in the fire warrior group. One for the Breachers, and another for the strike. Usually the Breachers don't get kills though (they usually go down pretty fast outside of melee as they don't have the range to use their main weapon).

We were also going by PL, not points. He has another two boxes of hormagaunts to make, as well as a swarmlord.
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

Return to “Battle Reports”