1500 Tau v Astra Militarum

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
happykat76
Shas

1500 Tau v Astra Militarum

Post#1 » Sep 21 2017 06:23

Hi all! I’ve just joined the ATT community, or rather if been a member for awhile but I want to start contributing. A couple of months ago, my regular opponent who strictly plays Guard and I played. It was one of our first couple of games for 8th edition and we had a blast. I’ve written the full battle report here along with pictures that he was nice enough to edit. I love doing reports but I want to feature a much more painted army next time - gotta work on that.

https://40kdicerolls.blog/2017/08/02/ta ... le-report/

Happy dice rolls!

Charlie

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: 1500 Tau v Astra Militarum

Post#2 » Sep 21 2017 07:31

happykat76 wrote:Hi all! I’ve just joined the ATT community, or rather if been a member for awhile but I want to start contributing. A couple of months ago, my regular opponent who strictly plays Guard and I played. It was one of our first couple of games for 8th edition and we had a blast. I’ve written the full battle report here along with pictures that he was nice enough to edit. I love doing reports but I want to feature a much more painted army next time - gotta work on that.

Happy dice rolls!

Charlie

Looks like a great battle and, man, what a fantastic battle report! Love the editing. Looks like the takeaways were good too- Fusion Commanders, Vespids, and the Sunshark seemed to have worked well, Fusion Piranhas not so much. Speaking of the Sunshark, how did you like it? Did you feel it was a viable unit?

happykat76
Shas

Re: 1500 Tau v Astra Militarum

Post#3 » Sep 21 2017 08:46

Arka0415 wrote:
happykat76 wrote:Hi all! I’ve just joined the ATT community, or rather if been a member for awhile but I want to start contributing. A couple of months ago, my regular opponent who strictly plays Guard and I played. It was one of our first couple of games for 8th edition and we had a blast. I’ve written the full battle report here along with pictures that he was nice enough to edit. I love doing reports but I want to feature a much more painted army next time - gotta work on that.

Happy dice rolls!

Charlie

Looks like a great battle and, man, what a fantastic battle report! Love the editing. Looks like the takeaways were good too- Fusion Commanders, Vespids, and the Sunshark seemed to have worked well, Fusion Piranhas not so much. Speaking of the Sunshark, how did you like it? Did you feel it was a viable unit?

Thanks for checking it out man! I feel like the bomber is best against enemies who have expensive infantry like marines or Necrons. Against Guard, it could be hard to earn its points back. I’d be willing to try out the piranhas again but in separate units.

Return to “Battle Reports”