Larlock
Shas

A report from a rookie at a 80+ player 40k tournament in Sweden

Post#1 » Oct 02 2017 04:02

Game 1 and 2
https://imgur.com/gallery/i7cC4

Game 3, 4 and 5
https://imgur.com/gallery/9iQz4

I'm not really a really good player. I think I had a pretty good list though. I just got back to the hobby after a few years break. I'm certainly not a tactical genius, but I had a great time and wanted to share some of my experiences from a great tournament.

My list:

++ Battalion (CP +3) (Tau Empire) [383 Pts, 7 Pwr] ++

+ Troops +

Strike Team [83 Pts]: 5x Additional Fire Warriors, Markerlight

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [42 Pts, 2 Pwr]: Markerlight

Cadre Fireblade [42 Pts, 2 Pwr]: Markerlight

Ethereal on Hover Drone [50 Pts, 3 Pwr]: Honour Blade

+ 'Faction +

Sept Selection: T'au

++ Outrider Detachment (CP +1) (Tau Empire) [13 Pwr, 713 Pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [6 Pwr, 153 Pts]: Drone Controller, 3x Missile Pod

Commander [176 Pts, 7 Pwr]: 4x Fusion Blaster, MV4 Shield Drone, MV4 Shield Drone

+ Fast Attack +

Tactical Drones [96 Pts]: MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone

Tactical Drones [96 Pts]: MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone

+ 'Faction +

++ Outrider Detachment (CP +1) (Tau Empire) [898 Pts, 14 Pwr] ++

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuit [147 Pts]: 2x Advanced Targeting System, 3x Burst Cannon, Drone Controller, Homing Beacon, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, 3x XV25

XV25 Stealth Battlesuit [147 Pts]: 2x Advanced Targeting System, 3x Burst Cannon, Drone Controller, Homing Beacon, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, 3x XV25

+ HQ +

Commander [176 Pts, 7 Pwr]: 4x Fusion Blaster, MV4 Shield Drone, MV4 Shield Drone

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [72 Pts]: 2x Additional Pathfinders, 2x Ion Rifle, 5x Markerlight, MV33 Grav-Inhibitor Drone

Pathfinder Team [72 Pts]: 2x Additional Pathfinders, 2x Ion Rifle, 5x Markerlight, MV33 Grav-Inhibitor Drone

Pathfinder Team [108 Pts]: 2x Additional Pathfinders, 2x Ion Rifle, 5x Markerlight, MB3 Recon Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone, MV33 Grav-Inhibitor Drone

+ 'Faction +

++ Total: [1994 Pts, 34 Pwr] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Re: A report from a rookie at a 80+ player 40k tournament in Sweden

Post#2 » Oct 02 2017 04:32

Are you planning on updating with reports from your games? I'd be very interested to see how the list performed.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

joc-wi
Shas

Post#3 » Oct 02 2017 05:29

I love the way you painted your army!
And your pictures make your battle-reports a pleasure to read!

Also nice that all of your opponent's armies were painted well - together with the table it really benefits your pictures :)

Larlock
Shas

Post#4 » Oct 02 2017 06:14

Sa'cea Mont'yr wrote:Are you planning on updating with reports from your games? I'd be very interested to see how the list performed.

In the links in the top of the post there are 5 short summaries of the games I played.

I think that this list could pose a real threat in the hands of a more tactical player. It was a lot of fun to play, but you have to be really effective and fast to finish the game in time. There is lots of management and counting involved in playing with an army like this. I should have gotten counters to keep track of how many drones were left in each unit.

The pathfinders were awesome, but the ion rifles did practically nothing at all! I should probably have left them out and gotten more markerlights instead.

Larlock
Shas

Post#5 » Oct 02 2017 06:17

joc-wi wrote:I love the way you painted your army!
And your pictures make your battle-reports a pleasure to read!

Also nice that all of your opponent's armies were painted well - together with the table it really benefits your pictures :)

Thanks! If you look closely on the recon drone, it says "drone" with the Tau alphabet. That was a lot of fun. The Ethereals drone that he stands on says "boss".

There were really some awesome looking armies in the tournament!

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#6 » Oct 02 2017 09:50

I see them now. When I clicked the link before, it was only showing two pictures! Thanks for letting me know.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

Return to “Battle Reports”